PDA

View Full Version : '06 X2- price too high?

cdawake
05-02-2008, 02:08 PM
in my continual search for a new MC, I have been looking at both new and used. I came across a rather "modestly equipped" one with the RTP, and not too many options on ebay. The boat is near where I live.
Starting bid was 49k... i think it sounds high??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-MASTERCRAFT-X2-WAKEBOAT_W0QQitemZ160234425569QQihZ006QQcategoryZ6 3686QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ttu
05-02-2008, 02:13 PM
that boat is listed in marketplace.

Roonie's
05-02-2008, 02:34 PM
thats about right for price. Doubt you will see any better with low hours on it. If it is in good shape then that would be a good boat.

FYI... I don't know the seller or have anything to do with it.

brucemac
05-02-2008, 02:44 PM
yeah, it's not totally out of line and maybe you could get him to knock a few bucks off. probably all depends on what he paid. love that first year graphic.

i wanted a newer X2 as well and had been looking since winter. you'll be hard pressed to find anything under $50 on that boat, especially with a few options. that boat even basic though has got quite a bit, including snap out carpet and the tanks don't take up all the rear compartments. i would have bought a used one at the end of this season or next, but i just couldn't wait! unless something spectacular comes along in their new lineup, that will be my next boat.

wakeX2wake
05-02-2008, 02:46 PM
that's a pretty fair price i'd say... X2s are great boats if you didn't know that already... ::preaching at eh chior:: just remember when considering price to include the upgrades you want to have the "boat of your dreams"/have the one you find tricked out just the way you want it... if you don't mentally commit to spending the final amount it'll never get done i'm coming to figure out

brucemac
05-02-2008, 02:47 PM
hey, also, i think Inland MC is selling a used X-2 with more options if it's still available.

dapicatti
05-02-2008, 05:34 PM
I don't think you will find a X2 under 50k....that seems to be the low point for not very well equipped 2006 models. Check out boatrader online national search, should give you an idea.

dapicatti
05-02-2008, 05:38 PM
There are 2 on Seattle Craigslist today....one doesn't have ballast however.

brucemac
05-02-2008, 06:15 PM
i thought KGB was standard on all 06+ X-2's...

didn't think you could get it without.

that's funny, that black one may be the same one i saw in storage while i was picking up mine. my boat is from lake oswego and the guys i bought my boat through actually detailed that black one. it's nice. i guess it would make sense if it didn't have ballast and would reflect the price. lake oswego has wake enhancement restrictions. possible they custom ordered it without like mine.

can't be too many all black X-2's in Lake Oswego...

there was a new 08 X-Star in there, it was LOADED!!! all the black anodized stuff on it. the trailer was ridiculous!!! so nice-

ttu
05-02-2008, 06:19 PM
i thought KGB was standard on all 06+ X-2's...

didn't think you could get it without.

that's funny, that black one may be the same one i saw in storage while i was picking up mine. my boat is from lake oswego and the guys i bought my boat through actually detailed that black one. it's nice. i guess it would make sense if it didn't have ballast and would reflect the price. lake oswego has wake enhancement restrictions. possible they custom ordered it without like mine.

can't be too many all black X-2's in Lake Oswego...

there was a new 08 X-Star in there, it was LOADED!!! all the black anodized stuff on it. the trailer was ridiculous!!! so nice-

the boat w/o ballast was more than likely a maristar 200

sdlaura1
05-02-2008, 06:21 PM
Waterski proshop in Boise has a 2006 darkblu/lightblu X2 for $49,999. I looked at it yerserday and it's nice. 400+ hours is the only thing. One owner and serviced in the shop. PP/heater/shower/stock ballast....

brucemac
05-02-2008, 06:21 PM
oh you know what you're absolutely right, it was come to think of it. i remember asking them because of the graphics. VRS, I think they said.

cdawake
05-03-2008, 01:50 PM
that was over at cope's, right??
or was it sealttle MC

moleson10
05-05-2008, 04:48 PM
Just in case you had not heard. Cope & McPhetres is losing the MC line and selling current inventory at cost. From what I've seen on their site, the deals are very good. They have a lot of X2's.

Given that, I wouldn't even consider a late model used MC.

Chief
05-05-2008, 05:07 PM
Decent price, but with the 310hp is where it's taking the hit. X2 with those options with the MCX would be a good price at 53K.

JBaker
05-05-2008, 08:21 PM

Care to explain?

Also, I thought you could/can special order an X-2 w/o ballast incase your lake prohibits ballast systems.

dapicatti
05-05-2008, 08:33 PM
Depends on the options put on the boat....if you are buying a boat without any upgrades after the sale thats one thing, if it already has what you would want to put on it the price seems fair.

brucemac
05-05-2008, 10:57 PM
Just in case you had not heard. Cope & McPhetres is losing the MC line and selling current inventory at cost. From what I've seen on their site, the deals are very good. They have a lot of X2's.

you also have to remember that there may be reason(s) why there are holdovers; i.e., funky colors, uncommon options, etc.

i looked into the deals somewhat seriously. seriously enough that i told them i had financing in place and was looking at a used boat out of state. there were definitely deals to be had, but at least in this area, they were on the higher end boats--specifically on the X45. don't get me wrong, there were some decent deals on some 07 and 08 X-2's, but if you were the slightest bit picky, good luck. still beatiful boats, and perception and preference is individual, so who knows. definitely worth mentioning, but i wouldn't let it sway you from keeping a watchful eye on the used market.