PDA

View Full Version : dealers

jobo51
05-02-2008, 01:52 PM
has anybody had problems with thier dealer. i have, i think that the dealer i go to just takes advantage that we like mastercraft boats. i have a laundry list of problems.

flipper
05-02-2008, 02:25 PM
Copes sucks!!!!!! but they will no longer be a MC dealer pretty soon. They told me they will still be a service center, but no longer sell them. I HERD, don't know for a fact, MC herd too many bad things about them, and don't want them selling MC.

Sodar
05-02-2008, 02:34 PM
Keep this clean guys!

JoBo, have you expressed your concerns with the dealer? Going through the proper channels will really help you out and you just might be suprised with the outcome.

Where in the West are you located?

brucemac
05-02-2008, 02:37 PM
not sure if this is true, but i've been told MC wanted Copes to have MC exclusive stores. they didn't want other brands sitting next to their boats, or they wanted so some sort of exclusivity at the store front level

two sides to the story as always, so who knows for sure...

there will be another dealer here in this area soon

jobo51, not sure if you're in seattle area, but if so and you're out of warranty, let me know. i've got a GREAT mechanic here.

uawaterskier
05-02-2008, 04:54 PM
nope my dealer kicks @$$ RAMBO FTW

dapicatti
05-02-2008, 07:33 PM
Remember this is a MC sponsored site, so probably shouldn't be bashing a MC dealer......

flipper
05-02-2008, 07:36 PM
Remember this is a MC sponsored site, so probably shouldn't be bashing a MC dealer......
It won't be a MC dealer much longer thank god. I do hope a new MC dealer comes soon though.

dapicatti
05-02-2008, 07:49 PM
I hope a new dealer is here soon too, just don't want to bite the hand that pays for this website.

06' X-2 R8R H8R
05-02-2008, 07:51 PM
Go to Norcal Mastercraft (formally Ski World) in Pleasanton and talk to Tony Castagnetto he will treat you right. Just tell that Kurt Marshall sent you. Great guy...Stay clear of Cope and McCheaters.

coz
05-02-2008, 07:55 PM
has anybody had problems with thier dealer. i have, i think that the dealer i go to just takes advantage that we like mastercraft boats. i have a laundry list of problems.

I suggest your suggestions go in the suggestion box at the dealer, if you vent here you'll get into trouble (I have experience), Not sure why :confused: but it seems this would be the best place MC could get honest feedback from the public about who is representing and upholding the MC standard and who isn't. Ask me about my dealer in an email. Just my :twocents:

Andyg
05-02-2008, 10:24 PM
Of the Six dealerships that I have dealt with, Redline, MC of Charlotte, BAWS, Chicago MC, Competition Sports, and Summerset Marine I have only had a problem with one, Competition Sports. Everyone else has been great. The one that I had a problem with lost their MC dealership within a year.

jsnipes
05-03-2008, 12:07 AM
I am lucky to have Carolina Watersports close by in Anderson SC ...Chad, Hans, Paul, Steve ... all of them are all about making sure that the customer has "the Mastercraft experience". They are awesome to deal with and I'm sure I haven't bought my last boat from them. They also have a great pro shop. Nice job, guys!

JS

www.carolinamastercraft.com

brucemac
05-03-2008, 03:45 AM
I hope a new dealer is here soon too, just don't want to bite the hand that pays for this website.

:)

wwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Ric
05-03-2008, 09:48 AM
has anybody had problems with thier dealer. i have, i think that the dealer i go to just takes advantage that we like mastercraft boats. i have a laundry list of problems. I gotta say this is funny. I know funny.

kev88
05-03-2008, 10:20 AM
nope my dealer kicks @$$ RAMBO FTW

:guitar: :guitar:

JimN
05-03-2008, 11:12 AM
"The one that I had a problem with lost their MC dealership within a year."

That whole situation was a total waste of that company and the bad part is that, because of the way the law is written, it was "technically" legal for them to take it over. I warned that they would squeeze someone out if he didn't watch his azz but he didn't think they would. I saw them as a group of three kids on a playground, with two of them ganging up on the third. The one who just HAD to be the big turd in the punchbowl wanted a new storefront (which really wouldn't have made more money for the place) and everyone else thought more storage space was needed, based on the fact that we filled the existing storage building for the winter within a week of moving there. He felt threatened, and he had come up with a plan to take over before they even bought the property.

I think his plan was to have his kids come in and run it after he retired, but even they can't stand him.

CHaus21
05-03-2008, 01:13 PM
I'd second JS's comments. Great people to work with.

I am lucky to have Carolina Watersports close by in Anderson SC ...Chad, Hans, Paul, Steve ... all of them are all about making sure that the customer has "the Mastercraft experience". They are awesome to deal with and I'm sure I haven't bought my last boat from them. They also have a great pro shop. Nice job, guys!

JS

www.carolinamastercraft.com

TX.X-30 fan
05-03-2008, 01:35 PM
When I'm ready for this it will not come from Daryl Moore Marine. :D