PDA

View Full Version : Is the MC extreme mirror worth purchasing???

dapicatti
05-01-2008, 11:33 PM
I have used the standard mirror on my X2 for years and it has worked just fine. I cannot see the wakeboarder at each end of the rope but normally the falls do not occur there. I was thinking about upgrading after watching the boat tips on the 08 MC video as the 3 piece design appears to give you a greater width of view. It is somewhat spendy. Is it worth the extra $$?

Ole Miss Rebels
05-01-2008, 11:40 PM
it s a good mirror but on my xstar you can't see out into the flats due to the rear tower legs and the boards in the racks. i would think for a skiboat without a tower it would be very advantageous. not too much advantage on a boat with a tower however

dapicatti
05-01-2008, 11:53 PM
Good point, I have an XStar as well.

russlars
05-02-2008, 02:06 AM
I just purchased the CIPA extreme mirror as an upgrade to the standard mirror. I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but my friend has one on his MC with tower that I think works great

oldriver
05-02-2008, 07:19 AM
if you decide to get one here is the best price I could find.
I dont think you would be disappointed.However I have a PS190 without a tower.
http://www.fixthisride.com/
good luck

wakeX2wake
05-02-2008, 09:59 AM
when i turn my mirrorall i can see is boards in the racks... if anyone has a wider mirror i'd love to know which one works well... it's frustrating not being able to watch the entire width of the line... i've seen a couple of tricks carry out in the flats past my mirror viewing angle

pistol pete
05-05-2008, 03:44 PM
I purchased an Extreme CIBA mirror and mounted it on an Xstar. It is OK but I had to move the bracket and assembly towards the rear of the boat locating inside the window frame to get limited visibility of the flats. My next step is to reinstall the orginal mirror on the passenger side mounted with the windshield bracket in hopes that I can split the view port and starboard and capture the entire area? Do not know if that will work either, but going to try.