PDA

View Full Version : 1982 S&s

pkimball
05-01-2008, 03:51 PM
I have recently purchased a 1982 stars and stripes. It is the light blue
color. I would like to replace the stars and decals as they show some fading. The boat is all original with 300 hrs. My kids like to wakeboard.
Does anyone have any suggestions on a tower that would work nice on this boat and where I can purchase replacement decals.

Thank you.
pat kimball

Dutch
05-01-2008, 04:14 PM
You might try a " search " for decals or the like, I know there has been alot of info on that in the discussions. I was lucky and found a ski shop in the area where the owner used to be a mastercraft sales person and had a few boxes of old original decals. I think She had some stars and stipes as well.

454Prostar190
05-01-2008, 04:20 PM
I have a "10 Foot Pole" pylon extention. It has racks for 4 wakeboards and works great. I am not a fan of a tower on an '82 S & S and don't think that I'm alone in this view. Rick

justinglow
05-01-2008, 04:20 PM
Contact TT member Farmer Ted. He can help you out with some decals.

pkimball
05-01-2008, 04:53 PM
Rick;
Thanks for your reply. I was not too excited about a wake tower either. I'll check into the pylon. I checked out your photos.
Thank you.
Pat Kimball

c_pohja
05-01-2008, 05:22 PM
Putting a tower on an S&S is like putting gold spoke 10 inch wheels on a 57 Chevy. (My opinion only, im sure other disagree)

I have a Skylon that works well.

300 Hours all original sounds like a great boat

Cloaked
05-01-2008, 09:23 PM
I have recently purchased a 1982 stars and stripes. It is the light blue
color. I would like to replace the stars and decals as they show some fading. The boat is all original with 300 hrs. My kids like to wakeboard.
Does anyone have any suggestions on a tower that would work nice on this boat and where I can purchase replacement decals.

Thank you.
pat kimballThe '82 was not made for a tower. Why ruin a good boat? Each to their own, but the '82 just isn't made for that. After the proposed tower, then your kids will want a fat sack to sink the rear. On and on.

However, it is made for nice, crisp trick wakes at a slower trick speed (a lost art-form of skiing). The hull design of the '82 is a variable planing hull, for said reason. At slalom speeds the wake flattens out quite nicely.

Decals and stickers can be found on e-scam-bay. Another guy that has notariety here has them for sale at his business in TN.

While you have all of the sticker off, buff it out to a new shine.

79stars
05-02-2008, 12:10 PM
Definatley NO TOWER, Keep it classic. I pondered the same question and I am truly glad I went with a pylon. Rack holds 4 Boards and it works great. Besides, the deck isnt strong enough IMO to hold the stress a tower would cause. Check out the thread for Flag Decals in this section also I hear to talk to Farmer Ted and you might want to get your Stars and Mastercraft decal a little larger than the original to completely cover wher you took them off.

79stars
05-02-2008, 12:19 PM
Double post....