PDA

View Full Version : Bimini Installation

vogelm1
04-30-2008, 11:24 PM
OK, I've got a 2007 MC bimini mounted on a 2007 tower. I followed the instructions, measuring for the mounts and everything seems to fit properly. Maybe it's just me, but it doesn't look right. What do you think?

dapicatti
04-30-2008, 11:41 PM
I am not sure if that is right.....somethng looks a little funny but I could be wrong.

lanier92prostar
04-30-2008, 11:44 PM
I don't have that boat or that tower, but it does not look correct. Maybe the bimini is for the mini tower?

flipper
04-30-2008, 11:59 PM
that can't be right. Don't know what's wrong with the installation, but something is wrong for sure. Looks wise, I would say the rear mount needs to be down under the board racks. I may be completely wrong, but doesn't look right to me.

vogelm1
05-01-2008, 12:07 AM
Well at least I wasn't alone in my thinking. Before I drilled holes in the tower for the Accon mounts I even double-checked that the instructions referred to the correct part #'s, etc.

My instruction sheet says "2007 MasterCraft 197/X7 bimini top w/tower, part #483842". This part # matches what's on the bimini top. Everything's cool far as I can tell. :confused:

lanier92prostar
05-01-2008, 12:16 AM
send a picture to one of the dealers on the site, they might be able to help you figure out why it doesn't look right.

SaltwaterMC
05-01-2008, 12:18 AM
vogelm1,

The problem is that the rear support arms (the real short ones) of the bimini that connect to the tower are supposed to hang down. You have them pointing up. All you have to do is loosen the little bolt/spike (with an allen wrench) where the small arm mounts to the main frame of the bimini (via a collar) and swivel the arm so it hangs down and "suspends" the bimini instead of pushing it up. Let me know if you need me to clarify any of that.

vogelm1
05-01-2008, 12:21 AM
Yeah, will probably end up doing just that. The only other possibility is I put the dang thing on backwards...if I rotate the top 180 degrees, the short stubby connectors would hook on the bottom mounts, and the long arms would have to flip up and connect to the top mounts. That would definitely make it sit "lower" in the tower and be more in line with the board racks. But who knows, I thought this would be a simple plug and play deal....

vogelm1
05-01-2008, 12:24 AM
vogelm1,

The problem is that the rear support arms (the real short ones) of the bimini that connect to the tower are supposed to hang down. You have them pointing up. All you have to do is loosen the little bolt/spike (with an allen wrench) where the small arm mounts to the main frame of the bimini (via a collar) and swivel the arm so it hangs down and "suspends" the bimini instead of pushing it up. Let me know if you need me to clarify any of that.

Thanks Saltwater...I see what you mean. I think if I do that though, the front arms won't reach the mounts (they are extended to the max currently). But maybe all the geometry works out by loosening the horizontal supports?

SaltwaterMC
05-01-2008, 12:26 AM
It isn't on backwards, long arms go in the front. You just have to swivel those rear arms about 180 degrees and that should make everything look normal. The front arms should have the ability to extend to a longer position which may be necessary upon swiveling the rear arms. Let me know if that takes care of it. Great job on the tower install by the way, it looks great.

vogelm1
05-01-2008, 12:39 AM
It isn't on backwards, long arms go in the front. You just have to swivel those rear arms about 180 degrees and that should make everything look normal. The front arms should have the ability to extend to a longer position which may be necessary upon swiveling the rear arms. Let me know if that takes care of it. Great job on the tower install by the way, it looks great.

10-4. Thanks again. I'm out for tonight but will work on it some more tomorrow evening. If that is all that's wrong I'll be happy.

Tower install went great, other than needing a few backing plates. Slobbered them up real good with some Kitty Hair fiberglass gel and good to go.

SaltwaterMC
05-01-2008, 12:42 AM
That should be it, we get boats in at the dealership every once in a while that have the bimini installed like yours. It's no big deal.