PDA

View Full Version : Pulling on trailer

ffighter556
04-30-2008, 10:37 PM
Hi

I just bought a new X-2 had a hard time getting it on the trailer very easy to get to hook point but bumps spare and puts black marks on front do I not need to put the trailer so deep in the water need advise

dano
04-30-2008, 10:43 PM
It sounds like you have the trailer in to deep. You only have to put the trailer in so the top of the fenders are just sticking out of the water.

92 190 PS
04-30-2008, 10:43 PM
Would suggest not putting the trailer in so deep. If you are having trouble getting the boat up onto the trailer try dumping the bunks in the water to get them wet and then pulling back out a bit before loading the boat. Should do the trick.

It's hard to say how deep to put the trailer in because every ramp is different, but the advice about just to the top of the fenders is a starting point....

Good luck, welcome to the board and great choice in boat.

Pics of the new ride would be helpful.....We like pictures....

russlars
04-30-2008, 11:07 PM
With most inboards you want to have the trailer so that it requires you to "power on" to the latch point. This will center the boat on the bunks properly. If the boat slides right up to the latch with no effort, you are probably too deep. It takes a little practice, but once you get the hang of it you will be amazed at how easy it is.

coz
04-30-2008, 11:14 PM
With most inboards you want to have the trailer so that it requires you to "power on" to the latch point. This will center the boat on the bunks properly. If the boat slides right up to the latch with no effort, you are probably too deep. It takes a little practice, but once you get the hang of it you will be amazed at how easy it is.

http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/70/55/23375570.jpg
:D

uawaterskier
05-01-2008, 12:21 AM
also that spare is mounted really close to the hull to begin with, but I agree, sounds like its in to deep. Also if you put it in too deep you can get the prop into the prop guard (ironic isnt it?) on the trailer...

Roonie's
05-01-2008, 09:52 AM
also that spare is mounted really close to the hull to begin with, but I agree, sounds like its in to deep. Also if you put it in too deep you can get the prop into the prop guard (ironic isnt it?) on the trailer...

I seem to always power it on but never to the latch point. I find myself always cranking it on with the cable until it clicks into the boat buddy. It seems ours is always either too deep or too shallow? Also scared of hitting prop on the trailer as the back can swing side to side when to deep. It only takes a few more seconds to crank it on by hand. I find the X2 sits heavy on the bunks and even getting it off takes some serious pushing unless it is completely floating. We do back the trailer all the way in and pull out just to get bunks wet. Also my wife is usually the one who is driving the boat onto the trailer as I am better at backing up the car/trailer on the boat ramp.

uawaterskier
05-01-2008, 06:02 PM
yes I agree, I have no problem cranking it on...however other team members will drive it on come hell or high water, and some of them arent so good at it...thus prop into prop guard.