PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: Pristine 2006 X9 Red/White/Red

MCDriven
04-30-2008, 04:01 PM
STILL HAVE THIS FOR SALE AND JUST LOWERED PRICE TO $44,999 - 10% BELOW NADA. EBAY AUCTION ENDS THURS., MAY 22. After skiing behind Searays, Bayliners and assorted hogs all my life, I finally got my dream when I bought a used 2001 209 and then replaced it at the end of the 2006 season with this 2006 X9 since MC was discontinuing the model and I knew it was the perfect boat for a slalom skier with a family and a bunch of freeloading friends. Due to various injuries, I am now "retired" from skiing (so much for the dream), so my son talked me into a 2008 X2 (which I just took delivery of). I now have to sell my X9.

It really is like new. Fresh water use only (Lake Anna, VA). Only 70 hours on it. Kept on a covered lift when not in use, washed inside and out at the end of every weekend of use and stored in the garage over the winter. MCX 350 HP engine, two tower speakers, cruise control (an awesome feature if you don't have it - my first MC didn't), bimini, depth finder, towable cover and X Series features (tower and ballast system). Tournament ski wakes (as in none) and decent wakeboarding wakes for the kids and beginning to intermediate wakeboarders. My son used to wakesurf behind it with a couple of bags in the rear port corner. Picture attached.

Have it on boattrader.com and onlyinboards.com for $44,999. If interested, ask questions or make me an offer at sdavis@wilsav.com.

Ric
05-01-2008, 06:29 PM
NICE bote !

MCDriven
05-05-2008, 11:07 AM
Sharp looking one you've got there too. Unfortunately, I have too good looking MC's!

MCDriven
05-08-2008, 09:26 AM
I still own two beautiful MC's. Anyone in the market for a very slightly used 2006 X9?

damaged442
05-08-2008, 09:42 AM
I would love that boat, but my wife is under the impression that she does not want to buy a boat that cost more than our TrailBlazer. She has no sense of adventure. What can a brother do? :(

tbd01
05-08-2008, 09:49 AM
I would love that boat, but my wife is under the impression that she does not want to buy a boat that cost more than our TrailBlazer. She has no sense of adventure. What can a brother do? :(

Its better to ask forgiveness than permission.:rolleyes: ;)

3event
05-08-2008, 10:02 AM

I still appreciate a fine wheeled vehicle, but have come to the conclusion that I would rather spend more on a boat than on a car. My arguments:

> I have much more control over the depreciation of a boat because it is not a daily driver like a car
> Not being a daily driver vehicle, it can be pampered, protected, shielded from abuse. Vs a car which is subject to accidents, parking lot dings, snowstorms, road salt
> A MasterCraft's depreciation curve really looks nice after the first few years, far and away better than a car.
> The MC can be fully enjoyed by the whole family, whereas a hot car I buy for me can not
> A well maintained MC will be a fine looking boat year after year after year. As it ages it will draw compliments and remain a source of pride and enjoyment. A Trailblazer? I think not.

Go for it !

MCDriven
05-08-2008, 12:23 PM
Damaged: You need to budget for some jewelry as well. If there's no room in the budget for jewelry, tbd01 hit the nail on the head - ask for forgiveness not permission! Plus, this is like when she buys some shoes because they were on sale - you're losing money if you don't buy it because it's such a good deal.

We're always happy to help a brother out!

MCDriven
05-09-2008, 05:48 PM
Damaged: Mother's Day would be a great time to spring this on her - right after you take her to brunch and give her a dozen roses. Heck, the boat's red and would match them - this would make a great Mother's Day present!

ProTour X9
05-09-2008, 06:13 PM
Nice color scheme!! Looks familiar.....hehe

MCDriven
05-09-2008, 07:12 PM
Hey ProTour: Here's the response I posted to your similar message over on the "Area" board...

Checked out your boat. Sweet - it's spot on. Looks like you stole my boat and put new numbers on it. I love the red fiberglass deck/interior - looks very cool with the red gauges.

Mine originally had a black X9 on the side. My dealer ordered it for himself and was trying to make it look like an "X8" that was custom made for Dale Earnhardt Jr (it was an X9 with an X8 logo in this exact same color pattern). The black looked horrible because the black "streak" effect on black letters just looked like a smear. When we put the red X9 on there with the black streak, it looked like a different (and very cool) boat. So Earnhardt has (probably now "had") your boat if you're a NASCAR fan.

If anyone asks you if you want to sell, send them my way.

MCDriven
05-10-2008, 07:01 PM
Makes a gret Mother's Day gift

ProTour X9
05-12-2008, 04:04 PM
So Earnhardt has (probably now "had") your boat if you're a NASCAR fan.

Wait, my boat??? NOOOO we bought ours new. Did I misunderstand?? Cool story though.

MCDriven
05-12-2008, 05:55 PM
OK, an X9 in your color scheme. MC owner and Clint Eastwood fan too? Most excellent. We nicknamed our house in college Eastwood & I still have an Eastwood picture hanging in my game room. Like your quote from TG,TB & TU.

"You going to pull those pistols or start whistling Dixie?"

ProTour X9
05-12-2008, 06:47 PM
Well I'm not a huge Eastwood fan, I just like that quote and it 'parallels' TMCNo1's signature.
Yeah the black logo's really weren't readable. Beautiful boat you got, what options are on it??

MCDriven
05-12-2008, 08:45 PM
Pretty much everything but heater (which you don't need here) and Perfect Pass (but it has the MC Cruise Control which works about as well & is a great feature - really helps when my wife is "dragging me around the lake" as she calls it). Dealer ordered it for himself but then decided he needed something bigger because his place is on open water, so it's loaded (MCX engine). I really love the boat and actually bought it because I thought the X9 was the perfect combo and they aren't going to make them anymore, but I hardly ski at all anymore and we're into the wakeboarding and surfing now, so I got an X2. The X9 really is like new, so if you know anyone who is looking, it's a great deal. My friend was going to buy it but his company is being sold so he backed out.

What do you have on yours? I assume you've got a heater up there!

bbymgr
05-12-2008, 08:51 PM
OK, an X9 in your color scheme. MC owner and Clint Eastwood fan too? Most excellent. We nicknamed our house in college Eastwood & I still have an Eastwood picture hanging in my game room. Like your quote from TG,TB & TU.

"You going to pull those pistols or start whistling Dixie?"

"You gotta get mean.................plum mad dog mean"

ProTour X9
05-12-2008, 09:33 PM
Yes, a heater, but no perfect pass, really isn't need as my parents have been driving skiers in tournaments since before I was born.

MCDriven
05-13-2008, 12:49 PM
I need perfect pass or cruise control as my wife never drove a boat until she met me and, also as a result of meeting me (or at least as I am led to believe), now has two kids screaming in the boat while I'm looking for a steady pull.

MCDriven
05-14-2008, 10:37 AM
Still got it. Very willing to deal as I have another one. No reasonable offer refused as they say.

MCDriven
05-15-2008, 10:04 AM
I have lowered the price - this is 10% below NADA at $44,999.

MCDriven
05-16-2008, 04:57 PM
Dealer tells me $44,999 would be about $350/mo. with no downpayment and $317/mo. with 10% down. At 10% below NADA to begin with, you are losing money if you don't but this.

MCDriven
05-19-2008, 10:42 AM
Still got it but have some solid leads on sale through ebay (which seems a bizarre way to sell a boat to me but has been the most effective). No reasonable offer refused this week.

MCDriven
05-20-2008, 02:07 PM
I have my 2006 X9 for sale. It really is like new. Fresh water use only (Lake Anna, VA). Only 70 hours on it. Kept on a covered lift when not in use, washed inside and out at the end of every weekend of use and stored in the garage over the winter. Pretty much every available option, MCX 350 HP engine, two tower speakers, cruise control, bimini, depth finder, towable cover and X Series features (tower and ballast system). Pictures attached.

Have it on boattrader.com and onlyinboards.com for $44,999 and also on ebay. NADA value for "average retail" is around $50,000. Had it listed at $48,000 for a while, but dropped it after I took delivery of my new MasterCraft. Seems like a deal to me at 10% below NADA, especially considering its condition and low hours, but does anyone have any thoughts on what I should have as my bottom line price?

Ric
05-20-2008, 02:13 PM
Good lookin boat! Don't get me guessin on current used boat pricing, I thought mine was fair at 40k but nobody bit.

Scott
05-20-2008, 02:32 PM
My belief is there is a buyer for every boat at every price. Whatever ur willing to take is the price. If it's hurting u payment wise then u might take less to get out of it. If it is not hurting then sit on it for a while. You may even consider letting your dealer try to sale it as well, some will do for a small nominal fee.:D

MCDriven
05-20-2008, 02:58 PM
Thanks guys. Dealer is trying to sell it. Not charging me anything but also conflicted as they have new boats (and a few used ones of their own) to sell. It's not killing me to hold it (losing sleep more than money), and it may be that I'm selling a direct drive in what is largely a V drive world right now. It's an awesome boat if you're looking for a direct drive, and lot's of folks are (and either don't like or can't afford an X14). Just got to find that buyer.

fatladysingin
05-20-2008, 03:20 PM
I agree with Scott; the right person will pay your price (or close) and I think your price is fair. You are disadvantaged (like me) because you will have to find someone who wants a roomy direct drive - vs. the v drive bandwagon.

There has been plenty of 209 ski wake bashing on here which doesn't help you and I.

MCDriven
05-20-2008, 03:34 PM
I have owned two 209's and loved their ski wakes. Granted, I'd want a 197 pulling me if I was going for a World Record, but it's pretty safe to say that won't be happening. In fact, I'm selling the X9 because I don't ski much anymore (no longer have a course on our lake). I think the 209 platform is perfect for a skier with a family and definitely better than the 214.

MCDriven
05-21-2008, 12:55 PM
ebay auction closes Thursday around 6 PM ET. Have bidders, so this one should go if you're interested.

MCDriven
05-22-2008, 12:30 PM
If you're interested in a great deal on a used boat in new condition, check it out. I have several interested bidders and expect a price I will be willing to accept, but I think that price will be a steal considering the condition and low (70) hours. A thread below has some more deatils and lots more on the eBay listing.

thijs
05-22-2008, 12:48 PM
what thread?????

MCDriven
05-22-2008, 02:26 PM
Sorry - that I was starting a new one - look above and on eBay. Thx