PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Worked in the Gas/Oilfield?

lakesnake
04-29-2008, 02:08 AM
Any of you guys and gals out there ever worked in the oilfield, which in many cases is natural gas. I'm trying to get in but for some reason I keep getting nowhere. I'd like to hear your experiences, whether or not you have actual advice, or contacts, or heck, even a job for me8p , lol. Thanks.

Happy Spring!:D
LakeSnake

Upper Michigan Prostar190
04-29-2008, 09:36 AM
I wouldnt go in it if I were you. there is no money in it according to some in it.

Jorski
04-29-2008, 09:54 AM
UMP....there is a lot of money in working for oil/gas companies. It is one of the many costs that keep oil company profit margins at about 10%:rolleyes:

Upper Michigan Prostar190
04-29-2008, 10:14 AM
UMP....there is a lot of money in working for oil/gas companies. It is one of the many costs that keep oil company profit margins at about 10%:rolleyes:
Some other dude said the profit margins are slim in the oil biz.

who ya gonna call?

Bert
04-29-2008, 10:38 PM
Some other dude said the profit margins are slim in the oil biz.

who ya gonna call?
:huh: slim profit margins. My employer just announced 1st quarter profits of $ 7.9 billion.

JKTX21
04-29-2008, 10:50 PM
Move to Fort Worth. You can't get away from it here.

lakesnake
05-04-2008, 11:12 PM
:huh: slim profit margins. My employer just announced 1st quarter profits of $ 7.9 billion.

Bert, who's your paycheck cutter if i may ask?

Jorski
05-05-2008, 11:43 AM
slim profit margins. My employer just announced 1st quarter profits of $ 7.9 billion.

What were the profit margins (not the total profit) reported by your employer ???

JBaker
05-05-2008, 11:47 AM

Bert, are you serious with this comment or just trying to get Jorski going again. Is it that hard to comprehend the difference between profits and profit margins?

If this thread sucks as much a$$ as I'm fearing, I'll resort to rereading Harold's morning jokes.

Ric
05-05-2008, 11:47 AM
Any of you guys and gals out there ever worked in the oilfield, which in many cases is natural gas. I'm trying to get in but for some reason I keep getting nowhere. I'd like to hear your experiences, whether or not you have actual advice, or contacts, or heck, even a job for me8p , lol. Thanks.

Happy Spring!:D
LakeSnake Snake, depending on your skills, you could do well in that field. It's hard work if you're on the rigs or on the ground. ahhh reminds me of the Robert Earl Keen song Corpus Christy Bay...

anyway, head to TX and there'll be a jobfair every five minutes in the bigger towns. They are looking for YOU.

Plenty of support industry as well. Machinists and welders are in short supply. Can you do that?