PDA

View Full Version : More Dash Wiring Problems-Please HELP!!!

St. Ellis
04-28-2008, 11:37 PM
I have an 86 PS190 with a constant drain on the battery. It comes from the volt meter, the thing is ALWAYS on. I took the dash apart and found a 10 ga positive (hot from the solenoid) connected to the I terminal on the volt meter. There is also a 10 ga orange coming from the engine circuit breaker that is connected to the same terminal (I believe this goes to/comes from the alternator). Also have a 10 ga orange coming from the bloer breaker on the dash, connected to the same terminal. Is this correct? Also I want to make sure the ignition switch is wired correctly. Yellow/Red (solenoid) is connected to "S"; Purple powering the dash guages is connected to "I", Orange going to ignition breaker on the dash is connected to "B".

Please help, I've been stranded on the lake and the dock too many times to keep this going. Something must not be right. The positive from the solenoid going to the dash is connected to the battery side of the solenoid, which appears to be correct. Problem is, there is ALWAYS juice going to the volt meter.

Thoughts or can anybody with an '86 take a pic of the back of there guages???

St. Ellis
04-30-2008, 07:24 PM
FIXED!!! It is well with my soul.

TMCNo1
04-30-2008, 07:36 PM
FIXED!!! It is well with my soul.

What did you find that was causing the drain for others who may come across the same situation?