PDA

View Full Version : 2007 X1 Check Engine Light

zman
04-28-2008, 06:59 PM
I am having problems with a recurring check engine light during my last trip to the local lake. The aural warning horn comes on every 15-20 minutes shutting off the stereo and the multi-function gauge reads "Check engine Light". All engine parameters and operating conditions appear to be normal (oil pressure, engine temp, voltage). I have checked all fluids, inspected impeller, transmission cooler for blockage, and electrical system for proper voltage. Has anyone else experiencied a similar problem and what are my options?

ttu
04-28-2008, 07:03 PM
I am having problems with a recurring check engine light during my last trip to the local lake. The aural warning horn comes on every 15-20 minutes shutting off the stereo and the multi-function gauge reads "Check engine Light". All engine parameters and operating conditions appear to be normal (oil pressure, engine temp, voltage). I have checked all fluids, inspected impeller, transmission cooler for blockage, and electrical system for proper voltage. Has anyone else experiencied a similar problem and what are my options?

i had the same issue a littleof a week ago with the exception of h20 in the tranny.

the dealer mechanice stated that it had alarm code was due to "something" with the throttle by wire. they cleared the code, changed the tranny fluid 3 times and ran it for about a hour.

when asked was the alarm due to some water in the tranny i was told NO.