PDA

View Full Version : Car Stereo Speakers...

Sodar
04-28-2008, 06:40 PM
Anyone have any recommendations? My passenger side speaker is blown and I need to replace it.

I have no intention of changing my factory head unit and I am sure most aftermarket speakers are a step up from the originals, so what should I get? I have been browsing Crutchfield, but their prices look a little on the high side.

TX.X-30 fan
04-28-2008, 06:50 PM
Did this in the wifes Hummer.

Kids like it. :cool:

BrianM
04-28-2008, 06:55 PM

That's practicle.

Sodar I have been impressed by the Infinity Kappas. Sound really good and are not terrible expensive. I have the marine version in my boat and they sound great.

Sodar
04-28-2008, 06:59 PM

You are from Alabama, now?

Sodar
04-28-2008, 06:59 PM
That's practicle.

Sodar I have been impressed by the Infinity Kappas. Sound really good and are not terrible expensive. I have the marine version in my boat and they sound great.

Thanks Brian!

Any websites you prefer?

TX.X-30 fan
04-28-2008, 07:05 PM
You are from Alabama, now?

Duel citizenship ya'll. :D

puck_11
04-28-2008, 07:35 PM
If you need 6.5" speakers I have a set of brand new Polk DB650s that I bought to put into speaker cans, but were too small, the cans were actually sized for 6.75" speakers. Let me know if thats what size you need and we can work something out.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-s6ZmUlIPzBb/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?I=107DB650

JBaker
04-28-2008, 07:59 PM
Anyone have any recommendations? My passenger side speaker is blown and I need to replace it.

I have no intention of changing my factory head unit and I am sure most aftermarket speakers are a step up from the originals, so what should I get? I have been browsing Crutchfield, but their prices look a little on the high side.

If you want to keep your factory head unit, go for something cheap. Virtually everything aftermarket is an improvement over OEM. And actually, buying more expensive speakers and then powering them off a head unit will often give you worse performance than if you went with cheaper speakers. Reason being that more expensive speakers are designed with power handling and SPL in mind, often making them less sensitive, whereas manufacturers understand that many users buying cheaper speakers will run them off a head unit and thus stress efficiency.

When it comes to getting speakers to sound good, installation is everything.

JBaker
04-28-2008, 08:02 PM

I see you found use for the "spare parts" not used in your boat install.

Sodar
04-28-2008, 08:06 PM
If you need 6.5" speakers I have a set of brand new Polk DB650s that I bought to put into speaker cans, but were too small, the cans were actually sized for 6.75" speakers. Let me know if thats what size you need and we can work something out.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-s6ZmUlIPzBb/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?I=107DB650

Thanks for the offer Puck, but I am looking to get out of this as inexpensive as possible! I would like to find 2- sets for the price of your one! :cool:

Sodar
04-28-2008, 08:07 PM
If you want to keep your factory head unit, go for something cheap. Virtually everything aftermarket is an improvement over OEM. And actually, buying more expensive speakers and then powering them off a head unit will often give you worse performance than if you went with cheaper speakers. Reason being that more expensive speakers are designed with power handling and SPL in mind, often making them less sensitive, whereas manufacturers understand that many users buying cheaper speakers will run them off a head unit and thus stress efficiency.

When it comes to getting speakers to sound good, installation is everything.

Sounds good! Off to Fry's or Best Buy I go! I think some speakers in the $60-70/set range should do me just fine!

454Prostar190
04-29-2008, 11:58 AM
Cameron, I just bought a set of Pioneer speakers for my '95 Chev. from Best Buy last week. All Pioneer speakers were on sale for 1/2 price so, I got them for $40. per pair. I felt like I did good and they sound good! I have 3 amps under the seat and 5 - yes, 5 - J.L.Audio 10" subs behind the seat and I haven't "rattled" the new speakers yet! Rick

ShamrockIV
04-29-2008, 12:14 PM
i like polk audio