PDA

View Full Version : Stereo remote help.

ShamrockIV
04-28-2008, 03:02 PM
hey guys. the LCD display for my clarion radio in my 209 does not show anything. not sure about the transom remote. is it suppossed to??? thanks!!!!

wish i had a manual for questions like this!! thanks!!

wakeX2wake
04-28-2008, 03:02 PM
yes it should... can you control the radio from the remote even w/o the display working?

ShamrockIV
04-28-2008, 03:04 PM
it controls fine but nothing shows in the lcd window. any idea how to fix?? or just live with it??

wakeX2wake
04-28-2008, 03:07 PM
mmm i would say the only thing you would be able to do is double check your connections at the head unit and back of the remote... the remotes aren't that expensive if you'd consider replacing if the connections are good and the display is just shot

wakeX2wake
04-28-2008, 03:08 PM
o and if the connections are good i'd try hitting it really hard... i don't know why but it makes me feel better when electronics don't work properly

Lennyp04
04-28-2008, 04:51 PM
Yeah as he said above, you may have a loose conection. And heck at this price try hitting it once or twice....

http://www.hookedontronics.com/show_product_details.jsp?cid=20475&brandtype=0

JBaker
04-28-2008, 04:55 PM
it controls fine but nothing shows in the lcd window. any idea how to fix?? or just live with it??

This may be a dumb question, but did you change anything in your setup? Just making sure its not a compatability issue. If you didn't change anything, and it worked previously but now it doesn't, fixing really isn't an option. But as mentioned, replacement is not very expensive.

Monte
04-28-2008, 04:59 PM
Try hitting the reset button (small button that can only be pressed with a pointy object) ... Just fixed my brother's that way

Ric
04-28-2008, 05:02 PM
I'd unplug the transom remote just for grins and see if the display then begins to work...

TX.X-30 fan
04-28-2008, 05:28 PM
I'd unplug the transom remote just for grins and see if the display then begins to work...

How the hell could it work unplugged??

KBryant2007
04-28-2008, 10:01 PM
I had the same problem with my 209 last summer. The first time it happened I took it back to the dealer and they replaced it. However, you could see some of the LEDs, but some were burned out, so I couldn't tell what station I was on.. Later in the summer it quit working totally. I got under the dash and looked around and the cable that connects the LCD to the radio had come loose, and it didn't have enough slack to plug it back in. Dealer installed a patch cord to get some extra slack and it works fine now. You should be able to get this from any stereo dealer.