Prostar Rich
04-28-2008, 01:57 PM
Taken from The Chicago Suntimes today.

Prostar Rich

http://www.suntimes.com/news/nation/919179,CST-NWS-test28.article

-------------------------------------------------------------
Got brass ones? Don't display them in Florida

April 28, 2008Recommend (1)

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- They're proudly displayed by any self-respecting bull, but dangling big metal ones on the back end of a truck could be banned in Florida.

Metal replicas of bull testicles have become trendy bumper ornaments in some parts of the Sunshine State, but state Sen. Carey Baker is campaigning to ban the orbs.

Baker acknowledged that Florida lawmakers have more pressing issues, including huge revenue shortfalls, but said the state needs to draw a line on what's obscene before more objectionable adornments appear.

State Sen. Steve Geller argued against Baker's bill.

''I find it shocking that we should be telling people that have the metallic bull testicles ... you're now going to have points on your license for this,'' said Geller.

Geller was in the minority. Baker's bill to fine drivers $60 for displaying the ornaments passed the Senate. It's now up to the House.

A similar bill in Virginia, aimed at rubber trailer hitch replicas of human genitalia, died in committee earlier this year.

AP

Copyright 2008 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

ShamrockIV
04-28-2008, 02:42 PM
i guess Florida has no pressing issues to work on besides someone with balls on the back of their truck???? who are these idiots???? who keeps electing them???

LKNMC
04-28-2008, 02:43 PM
that is just stupid next it will be you can't drive green cars in Florida

wakeX2wake
04-28-2008, 02:50 PM
wow good to know our tax dollars are going to rid the streets of those God awful brass bull balls... the drug sellers and killers aren't near as hard to explain to a 5 yr old huh?

loeweb
04-28-2008, 02:50 PM
I personally think that they are very stupid. But it makes for a good laugh when you see them driving down the road. My wife and I love to laugh at someone and say (in a redneck voice) "Look at the balls my truck has" What a joke to buy them, but even worse to ban them.

shepherd
04-28-2008, 03:24 PM
i guess Florida has no pressing issues to work on besides someone with balls on the back of their truck???? who are these idiots???? who keeps electing them???

You have some on yours, don't you? ;)

ShamrockIV
04-28-2008, 03:25 PM
well man u have to have some way for the "simple" people of the world to identify themselves!!!!! hey man lets hang some fake balls off our trucks!!!!!!! lol these guys must be late for a MENSA meeting!!!

Jonathan94
04-28-2008, 04:15 PM
as an alternate to those, I saw a truck the other day that had two large brass hex nuts hung with a wire off of the hitch.

I HOWLED! ... but the wife thought it was dumb. go figure.