PDA

View Full Version : National Parks

point1234
04-28-2008, 11:16 AM
This summer my girlfriend and I are looking to go to a National Park. Looking to go camping (tent) and checking out the sights. Iam in Wisconsin and driving is not a problem.

So my question is does any one here have any suggestion of a good Park to hit up. I know that all of them are great, I just feel overwhelmed as to a good one to go to.

Roonie's
04-28-2008, 11:35 AM
I would suggest Yellowstone/Jackson Hole. Yellowstone can get crowded but staying in Jackson Hole is awesome and less crowded. If you want less crowds then Glacier national park is really cool and lots of hikes. Some of my favorite parks. Also Mt Rainier is on the list but much farther away.

suedv
04-28-2008, 01:17 PM
I went to Yellowstone one summer and hated it. It was in the peak of the tourist season when all the kids are out of school. I wanted to see nature and it was one big traffic jam. I've been told it's great in the off season or if you go during the peak tourist season stay off the beaten path.

lanier92prostar
04-28-2008, 02:10 PM
I second the motion For Glacier. Went there for a week last summer and thoroughly enjoyed it. Prettier than Yellowstone and less crowded.

point1234
04-29-2008, 04:37 PM
hey thanks for the suggestion. I was afraid that yellowstone would be like that. I think that we might stay here in wisconsin and just head up north.

D3skier
04-29-2008, 05:02 PM
Zion National Park is very nice... since they've eliminated all the traffic through the parks you can ride the trams for free from Springdale in to the park. You can buy a 3 day pass for 12 per person and you can get off the trams where ever you'd like. I'm actually down here now and have taken hundreds of pictures. Unfortunatly I've forgotten my USB stick to transfer the pictures on to my other laptop that has internet access to be able to post but will post some once I get back...

bbymgr
04-29-2008, 05:09 PM
International Falls isn't too far away from you, and there are Parks for camping, Lakes for Boating, and Indian Reservations for gambling. It's Utopia.

School Skier
04-29-2008, 06:11 PM
Go West! Yosemite.

daverbeck
04-29-2008, 11:22 PM
Go West! Yosemite.

The wife and I are headed to Yosemite and Sequoia in 2 weeks.

We've been to quite a few National Parks and loved them all. We are cabin stayers not campers though. We like nice long hikes durring the day but a shower and good food and adult beverages after that.

I must say that the best park system was Banff and Jasper in Canada.

We also loved Glacier last summer. If you go make sure you hit the Great Northern Brewery in Whitefish near Glacier.

lanier92prostar
04-29-2008, 11:28 PM
The wife and I are headed to Yosemite and Sequoia in 2 weeks.

We've been to quite a few National Parks and loved them all. We are cabin stayers not campers though. We like nice long hikes durring the day but a shower and good food and adult beverages after that.

I must say that the best park system was Banff and Jasper in Canada.

We also loved Glacier last summer. If you go make sure you hit the Great Northern Brewery in Whitefish near Glacier.
When were you at Glacier last summer? We were there the middle of July during the heat wave.

JKTX21
04-29-2008, 11:50 PM
Glacier is awesome, Yellowstone is awsome, but crowded in summer... West Coast has some pretty sweet Natl. Parks as well. Rapid City, SD has some good sites around there, but if you get out of the mountains in the summer it's hot.