PDA

View Full Version : Waterfront in Orlando Area

dsoby
04-27-2008, 07:00 PM
Can anyone give me some sugesstions on waterfront in the Orlando area on lakes that have a slalom course but still big enough to enjoy other activities (wakeboarding, footing, etc.). Would like to stay around Orlando or Winter Haven.

TMCNo1
04-27-2008, 08:06 PM
Can anyone give me some sugesstions on waterfront in the Orlando area on lakes that have a slalom course but still big enough to enjoy other activities (wakeboarding, footing, etc.). Would like to stay around Orlando or Winter Haven.

Uh, atlfootr had a building lot for sale on a lake somewhere around Winter Haven, IIRC. I'd check with him, he may know of more. This is it in the Marketplace under Misc. other, http://www.tmcowners.com/market/showproduct.php?product=1699&cat=11

dsoby
04-27-2008, 10:12 PM
Thanks TMC.

CHaus21
04-29-2008, 07:57 PM
There is a slalom course on Lake Conway. It is on the most south lake on the east side.

Lake Conway is close to the Orlando Int'l Airport. We used to go there all the time, but I haven't been in a year or so since I moved from O-town.

About a year or so ago, the water was really low and depending on where on the lake you lived, you couldn't get through the canal from the North lake to the middle lake. (There are 3 lakes chained together with canals).

There is a public boat ramp on Hoffner Road - Just east of Orange Ave.

Good luck - I miss it down there...

ch