PDA

View Full Version : Lake Travis/Austin area

slalomskifreak
04-27-2008, 01:54 PM
Moving to Lakeway soon :) . Had to sell Prostar :cry: I will be looking for someone to ski/board/surf with until I can get a new boat. Anyone in the area need a third? Or does anyone know of any clubs that I/wife can hook up with? Thanks.

Curt

River Rat
04-27-2008, 04:50 PM
http://www.360wakeboard.com/

Welcome to Texas

slalomskifreak
04-27-2008, 09:05 PM
Got it! Thanks.

Curt

east tx skier
04-29-2008, 02:41 PM
http://www.waterskiaustin.com/

Not sure if they have much on Travis, but it should help.

slalomskifreak
04-29-2008, 07:38 PM
That is great help. Thanks!

Curt

TX.X-30 fan
04-29-2008, 08:40 PM
http://www.waterskiaustin.com/

Not sure if they have much on Travis, .

:mad: :mad:

puck_11
04-29-2008, 11:58 PM
Not in Austin, but if you ever make your way to Lake Corpus Christi I'll give ya a pull. Where in the midwest are you from?

TX.X-30 fan
04-30-2008, 09:09 AM
Not in Austin, but if you ever make your way to Lake Corpus Christi I'll give ya a pull. Where in the midwest are you from?

No offence puck but no one in their right mind would leave this to head to lake Corpus Christi. :D

Give me a PM when you get here we'll all cruise up to Carlos and Charlies for a margarita. I'm just across the river from you. :D

puck_11
04-30-2008, 12:09 PM
No offence puck but no one in their right mind would leave this to head to lake Corpus Christi. :D

Give me a PM when you get here we'll all cruise up to Carlos and Charlies for a margarita. I'm just across the river from you. :D

I agree with you 100%, Lake Corpus Christi sucks, but its the only thing I have down here :cool:

TX.X-30 fan
04-30-2008, 12:38 PM
I agree with you 100%, Lake Corpus Christi sucks, but its the only thing I have down here :cool:

Hey I'm from Houston before and know exactly what you mean.

east tx skier
04-30-2008, 02:57 PM

I'm not so sure about anyone who would post a map and pictures of his ski/boarding spot either. :)

For the record, I meant I didn't think that Capital Area Ski Club had any sites on Travis. And even though I know they're connected, I consider Travis and the Pedernales to be distinct bodies of water. ;)

Ric
05-01-2008, 05:32 PM
There is no good water in Texas. This TX30 man has lost his mind. Those pics are 30 year old post card shots from some minnesota lake.

turbosdad
08-19-2008, 06:01 PM
Just spent a week in Lago Vista across from Paleface. We do every year. The development on Travis is in high gear. Coves that we used to ski in are now full of slips and no wake zones. Everybody that has a boat house throws out a no wake bouy. This week we were boarding out on the big part of the lake north of paleface we were against a cliff because the water was smooth. A "nice" man comes out and gives us a your number one sign with his middle finger because we were disturbing his smooth water. So where do you feel the line is drawn. Do waterfront owners feel that boarders should just stay in the middle of the lake.......? We love Lake Travis and Point Venture area.....

TX.X-30 fan
08-19-2008, 06:16 PM
Just spent a week in Lago Vista across from Paleface. We do every year. The development on Travis is in high gear. Coves that we used to ski in are now full of slips and no wake zones. Everybody that has a boat house throws out a no wake bouy. This week we were boarding out on the big part of the lake north of paleface we were against a cliff because the water was smooth. A "nice" man comes out and gives us a your number one sign with his middle finger because we were disturbing his smooth water. So where do you feel the line is drawn. Do waterfront owners feel that boarders should just stay in the middle of the lake.......? We love Lake Travis and Point Venture area.....

When was the last time you were here?? I know of no new areas off limits to ski/board. I have never had an issue with a single person on the lake, I stay 100' off as law states and people wave with all their fingers together. If the water dictates I always get away from folks docks.

Next time you should take a 20 min ride up river and find fewer boats and flat water.

TX.X-30 fan
08-19-2008, 06:25 PM
I'm not so sure about anyone who would post a map and pictures of his ski/boarding spot either. :)

For the record, I meant I didn't think that Capital Area Ski Club had any sites on Travis. And even though I know they're connected, I consider Travis and the Pedernales to be distinct bodies of water.

On your first point BITE ME. :D

Did you mean Travis and lake Austin, which are separated by Mansfield dam???

I would agree 2 bodies of water.

Travis and pedernales, well the pedernales flows freely into lake Travis. :confused: I believe that would be a tributary. :D

98aggie
09-01-2008, 12:47 AM
I know if the sucky lake down here in Victoria doesn't get some water soon, I'm thinking about leaving my boat up my friends house in Lago Vista for the rest of the summer.

I always ski along the cliff on the north side of the road headed to Point Venture, not too many docks yet and out of the wind, just got to get there early or stay late. Otherwise there is too much traffic. I went to go see if the slalom course was still in the cove on the north side of the lake on the north side of point venture, but it was full of boat docks. Sucks becasue it was always sheltered from the wind

east tx skier
09-01-2008, 10:00 AM
On your first point BITE ME. :D

Did you mean Travis and lake Austin, which are separated by Mansfield dam???

I would agree 2 bodies of water.

Travis and pedernales, well the pedernales flows freely into lake Travis. :confused: I believe that would be a tributary. :D

I had to get in my time machine and find out what you were so worked up about.

Ric is right, there is no good water in Texas, but that picture of that Canadian lake you posted is nice.

The Pedernales and Travis bear little resemblance to one another. Travis is large, open, and welcoming to boats. The Pedernales is full of snakes, boulders, whirlpools, and swimming tigers that are 20 feet long and breathe fire. Very dangerous. Proceed with caution.

TX.X-30 fan
09-01-2008, 02:09 PM
You speak the truth kimosabe. :D