PDA

View Full Version : newer clarion radio

bepresto
04-27-2008, 12:22 PM
here is my situation, 03 197 clarion radio. would like to be able to hard wire in my ipod and iphone. I have an fm transmitter that is pretty fun when on the water, because you can get a whole line of boats on the same station playing the same song off of your ipod. I would rather get it hard wired in though. There is no aux rca outputs on the back of my radio.

So I was wondering if anyone knew of a newer clarion radio that i could switch mine out with. If you knew where one is or where to get a hold of one, with aux outputs on the back.

thanks.

brucemac
04-27-2008, 12:27 PM
check out the Clarion M475. that's what came in my 03 X-2 (original was replaced). not sure about driver side ipod control, but it does have an aux input jack on the front of the head unit for ipod/portable audio device. plays mp3/wma data discs too. the basic driver side and transom remotes (both clarion) work with it. at least on mine.

pretty sure they have an ipod attachment too for it

ETC
04-28-2008, 02:44 PM
bepresto,

Had the exact same situation with my '03 Maristar and got it fixed up this past weekend. It came with the Clarion XMD1 and although some threads show a homemade cable for running an MP3 I decided to upgrade and make it easier. I put in the CMD4A (Crutchfield has for $180) it has Aux in RCA's and I used the Dual marine i-plug to plug into the RCA's (try a search on that - pretty cheap). The i-plug has a mini-jack plug in that can be mounted under your dash or really anywhere. This has you controlling your iPod through your iPod which to me is easier than trying to use your head unit to control it but others have different opinions on this. The wiring harnesses are the exact same so wiring is a breeze (just plug it in). However the cutouts are different. I ordered a Clarion conversion plate that is aluminum from my local MC dealer that cost $29 but gives a clean stock look. Hope that helps.

Eric

76S&S
04-28-2008, 07:04 PM
I had a similar situation.

Went with the Harmon Kardon - Drive Play. Comes standard with the FM transmitter and the control and display are mounted on the drivers side dash.