PDA

View Full Version : 1995 PS 190 Questions

Datdude
04-26-2008, 10:35 PM
I looked at and test drove a 1995 PS 190 today and have a few questions. The first issue is spider cracks in the gel coat. There are three 3" long cracks that start at the rubrail and and go up towards the closed bow just in front of the windshield. All of the cracks are about the same length and run parallel about 2" apart. There are also two 3" cracks that run parallel just below the rear sunpad and start at the rubrail. The main area of concern are the 2-3 cracks that start at each of the exhaust outlets and run down to the bottom of the boat (2"?). A few spiders above the waterline do not scare me as much as stuff that is underwater. The boat was a ski show boat for one year and has had the same owner since 1996. There are 530 hours on the boat and it does not seem to be abused. What causes these, and how serious are they?

The other issue was found on the test drive. The boat has the 275hp with a powerslot transmission. On takeoff there was a bog/hesitation that would go away after a second. Sometimes it was more pronounced. If you hit it hard it would stumble then go. If you eased into the throttle it was not as noticable. The owner indicated to me that he had replaced the MAP sensor about 4 years ago when the boat was doing something similar. The other issue is that the boat was not used at all last year. Might this jut be a case of bad gas? Other than that the boat ran good, started with ease and was a nice driver.

Any input would be appreciated!

I am looking for a 95-97 PS 190, 99-00 Sportstar closed bow, 01-03 19 Skier or 2001+ 190 EVO if anyone has any leads. I would prefer under 500 hours in good shape somewhere East of the Rockies if possible. Purple is NOT a color option;) :D

Thank you in advance

TMCNo1
04-26-2008, 10:54 PM
If it was a ski show boat for a year, it may have had it's share of abuse. Also while unloading the boat from the transporter at a dealer or other facility, and a spreader bar was not used to keep the straps off the rubrail, the weight of the boat may have pinched the deck and hull and caused the stress cracks near the rubrail.

jimmer2880
04-27-2008, 08:22 AM
the 95's are not prone to spider-cracks. I would say that boat has seen it's share of abuse. RUN!

TMCNo1
04-27-2008, 10:19 AM
I just don't like the sound of the spider cracks around and near the exhaust tips on the transom. I don't understand how they would develope under normal conditions and use.

Datdude
04-27-2008, 10:44 AM
I just don't like the sound of the spider cracks around and near the exhaust tips on the transom. I don't understand how they would develope under normal conditions and use.

I don't understand that either:confused:

erkoehler
04-28-2008, 09:05 PM

Could be from the exhaust port mounts......are the cracks coming from a screw hole?

I'd take a pass on the boat.

bxroads
04-28-2008, 09:39 PM
Dude, you REALLY need a purple boat. It really isn't as bad as you imagine. I thought the same thing but it grew on me. My wife is not into boats at all. When she saw it for the first time she told me to buy it, right there in front of the seller. There went all negotiations! To date its been the only boat she's ever admitted liking. I've had several other chicks we hang out with tell me I was crazy for wanting to sell it. They love it and don't understand that its not cool to us guys. If you're into dudes, I can see your point (grin).........

bxroads
04-28-2008, 09:42 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/bxroads/0007.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/bxroads/0008.jpg

Datdude
04-29-2008, 10:31 AM
Dude, you REALLY need a purple boat

That really is a clean looking boat! My hatred of the color purple is rooted in my distaste for the Minnesota Vikings and really has nothing to do with the color of your boat;) . Where was that 2003 190 you found?

BrianM
04-29-2008, 10:38 AM
I have a '97 that is always for sale at the right price. East of the Rockies. Freshly tuned up with only 425 hours. Just freshened up the trailer too. Resale red!

Datdude
04-29-2008, 03:20 PM
I have a '97 that is always for sale at the right price. East of the Rockies. Freshly tuned up with only 425 hours. Just freshened up the trailer too. Resale red!

PM me the "right price" as I don't recall what we discussed. Thanks

Hey ERK.....the spiders start at the bottom of the exhaust outlet and go down to the bottom of the boat. No screws or damaged area is visible. It is the weirdest place to have cracks. I have talked with a few people and nobody has seen spider cracks there:confused:

6ballsisall
04-29-2008, 03:49 PM
PM me the "right price" as I don't recall what we discussed. Thanks

Hey ERK.....the spiders start at the bottom of the exhaust outlet and go down to the bottom of the boat. No screws or damaged area is visible. It is the weirdest place to have cracks. I have talked with a few people and nobody has seen spider cracks there:confused:

That would make me very nervous being below the waterline like that.........I'd walk away Mr. Flipper

rodltg2
04-30-2008, 09:56 PM
this one would be perfect for you , for sale right by me...

too bad its west of the rockies.

uawaterskier
04-30-2008, 09:59 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/bxroads/0007.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/bxroads/0008.jpg
where in alabama are you?

Jim@BAWS
05-01-2008, 07:50 AM
this one would be perfect for you , for sale right by me... too bad its west of the rockies.

That boat looks like it was owned by "DR. BRAINEY" HA HA HA

Jim@BAWS
05-01-2008, 07:54 AM
How about a GREEN AND WHITE ONE !!! GO PACK GO !!!

http://www.bayareawatersports.com/searchengine/Details.aspx?diid=1415721&bvdid=3121&type=AN&indid=1&site_type=template&sortCol=Length&sortDir=DESC&page=6&

Datdude
05-01-2008, 02:08 PM
How about a GREEN AND WHITE ONE !!! GO PACK GO !!!

http://www.bayareawatersports.com/searchengine/Details.aspx?diid=1415721&bvdid=3121&type=AN&indid=1&site_type=template&sortCol=Length&sortDir=DESC&page=6&

That is a nice looking boat!:cool: :D

Datdude
05-01-2008, 02:10 PM
this one would be perfect for you , for sale right by me...

too bad its west of the rockies.

There are a few out there, but the shipping costs would be brutal.