View Full Version : The Newest H20 Skier

tall_ andy
08-09-2004, 10:50 AM
Due in February!!!!!
Boy life will change :eek3:

MarkP
08-09-2004, 11:15 AM
Due in February!!!!!
Boy life will change :eek3:Looks like Tall Andy will be in the market for an open bow and some trainers. Congrats!!!:headbang:

east tx skier
08-09-2004, 11:16 AM
Congrats, Andy! :banana:

Dan K
08-09-2004, 11:18 AM
Congratulations,
Kids have changed my outlook on life in a positive way.

He looks like he is looking for the next ball already.

captkidd
08-09-2004, 11:31 AM
Congratulations! You're certainly in for the most wonderful experience of your life. There's nothing that compares to watching your child arrive into this world, and then watching as they grow and experience new things for the first time. My son is 2 3/4 years old and most afternoons when I get home he's knocking on the inside of the entrance door and yelling, "Daddy's home!" I'd rather have him sitting on my lap and "helping" me drive the boat than to ski any day (of course my skiing has gotten so bad that it's not much of a comparison).

Sorry but I can't tell if it's a boy or a girl? I could barely tell on my son's ultrasound pictures.

tall_ andy
08-09-2004, 11:38 AM
We couldn't tell from this pic, but We don't want to know before hand...One of lifes fun little mysteries.
Thanks all for the well wishes

bret
08-09-2004, 11:39 AM
Congratulations! One of the greatest joys in life.

My wife gave me a card - "Do you have room for a little Wade Cox in the boat"? when she found out.

The day that you get him/her up on a skimmer or a set of trainers, get the damn Kleenex out...well after you stop yelling "Yeah" it'll hit you then. Congrats again.

mgurley
08-09-2004, 11:46 AM
Congrats! :D

bcampbe7
08-09-2004, 11:48 AM
Congrats Andy!

BriEOD
08-09-2004, 02:56 PM
Congrats Andy! We're on the tail end of the trip. The wife is due in 3 weeks.

sully
08-09-2004, 06:23 PM
Congrats Andy,
Life only gets better from here on out! :dance:

Leroy
08-09-2004, 07:26 PM
Contratulations Andy! We were looking at pretty much the same movie 16 years ago, and 13 years ago, and 9 years ago, it goes by quickly, take plenty of pix and videos. My kids can watch their baby movies for hours!

Until they are 6 or so I found travel a pain, cribs, strollers, gates, high chairs, toys, toys, toys.....so I found it easier then to just enjoy the home time for a few years.

stevo137
08-09-2004, 07:40 PM
Congrats Andy! Very exciting! Great pic!

Jerseydave
08-09-2004, 08:31 PM
Congrats, Andy!

We have a 11 year old boy and a 16 month old girl.
Life is great with them.
I want to get a Mastercraft again and sell my 30' Formula. The Formula was here before my daughter, and now I want to spend more time with the family skiing. I've had my thrill with the fast boat and all my buddies.

jimmer2880
08-10-2004, 05:52 AM
Just because you have a baby doesn't mean you need to stay home. I have a 16 month who is part of our ski rides most of the time. Every now & then morning nap time gets in the way (sometimes she wakes up at 5:30 & takes a nap at 8:30 - we typically ski at 7:30 - 8:00ish).

There is definitely no feeling in the world like stopping turning to rest from a set & seeing your kid in the boat watching.

The hardest thing we found was getting a life-jacket to fit. Her first summer, we kept her in the car-seat behind the dog-box (gotta love that heater with the shut-off valve to keep her warm/cool). Where I ski, we don't need to worry about capsizing, so the only fear was not getting hit. We were extra careful!

This year - since she is old enough to learn things - we kept a life-jacket on her all times. Until she was ~24lbs, the 0-30lbs life jacket didn't fit well at all. It was way too tight around the neck & she didn't like that one minute. We actually stepped up to the next size for a month or 2 until she grew into the small one better.

Remember - it's a baby, not a house anchor. I have friends who were hard-core skiers. When they had a baby - their boat never left the driveway. Get a good bimini, a good heater with a shut-off valve so it'll also blow cool air & take him/her with you.

ohh yea - congrats! This changes everything!:headbang:

BriEOD
08-10-2004, 07:07 AM
Jim,

Thanks for posting that. My wife is due (again) by the end of the month. I let her read this thread so she doesn't think I'm completely "nuts"! :worthy:

T Scott
08-10-2004, 07:51 AM
I have a son that is 3.5 and a daughter that is 1.5. They both LOVE to go out in the boat. They always wear their life jackets and my son loves to go fast. He is also a mighty fine waverunner co-pilot. I have been taking him on that since he was one! As many have said, take plenty of pictures as the time just flies by !!

MarkP
08-10-2004, 08:39 AM
Jimmer,

I always wondered what others did for the 0-30 lb-ers, never thought to ask.. My two older girls have been in the boat from 6 and 9 mo. And I donít remember the vest as a problem. The new baby now 7 mo, has been boating from 3 mo and had issues with her vest. My wife thought we could try the Ski-Ltd neo vest (for a less bulky fit around the neck) but they are on back order and the girl told me that it would be months. We ended up modifying an infant vest by opening the bottom of the front panel and cutting the bottom of the foam off by about an inch and a quarter. It worked really well.

I donít think Brian has anything to worry about with his new one because next season his baby should fit the vest well.

But tall andy if your due in may??? You might have to start working on that life vest issue early

jimmer2880
08-10-2004, 11:12 AM
I have a couple friends who ended up modifying a 0-30 vest to "make due" until they grew into something. My girl was born end of march 2003. But - she is in something like the 120th percentile for her height (way off the charts).... So - at 16 months, she's average size of a 24 month. I'm glad we're talking about what other people do....

Leroy
08-10-2004, 12:02 PM
When our daughter was 2-5 the swimsuites with floating material built in was the best thing we ever used. These were not coast guard approved, but they worked so well I would hope they are approved now.

For the ~1 year olds you have to love those jackets with the foam around the head and strap at the end so you can always just lift them up by the strap like a sack of potatoes!