PDA

View Full Version : Keep us in your thoughts this weekend...

stuartmcnair
04-25-2008, 10:42 PM
OK, so I am not very good at this...

For the past week my boss and I have been busy organizing a search party and local support to look for the remains of Lisa Ann Green who worked with us at our company. Lisa disappeared nine months ago. She went into a store to buy something and the surveillance tape is the last time anyone ever saw her.

We are going to be searching an area that is very treacherous and heavily populated with snakes and other critters. We are hoping for about 500 volunteers.

Please think about us this weekend and hope that we can bring some closure to her parents and her son. Also that everyone involved in the search will be safe from harm.

Also, as soon as the Texas Equusearch team leaves us they will be headed to Florida to search for another woman who went missing in Panama City. This has been very hard on all of us but nothing compared to the families of these women. There are some sick and twisted people in this world and it wears me out just thinking about it.

Sorry for the downer post but I am trying everything I can to get some positive energy down here so we can do something good.

Thanks.

Stuart

Search for Missing Persons (http://www.texasequusearch.org/)

coz
04-25-2008, 10:52 PM
OK, so I am not very good at this...

For the past week my boss and I have been busy organizing a search party and local support to look for the remains of Lisa Ann Green who worked with us at our company. Lisa disappeared nine months ago. She went into a store to buy something and the surveillance tape is the last time anyone ever saw her.

We are going to be searching an area that is very treacherous and heavily populated with snakes and other critters. We are hoping for about 500 volunteers.

Please think about us this weekend and hope that we can bring some closure to her parents and her son. Also that everyone involved in the search will be safe from harm.

Also, as soon as the Texas Equusearch team leaves us they will be headed to Florida to search for another woman who went missing in Panama City. This has been very hard on all of us but nothing compared to the families of these women. There are some sick and twisted people in this world and it wears me out just thinking about it.

Sorry for the downer post but I am trying everything I can to get some positive energy down here so we can do something good.

Thanks.

Stuart

Search for Missing Persons (http://www.texasequusearch.org/)

A parents nightmare. Man!! Stuart :confused: you and everyone are in our thoughts and prayers. I hope her family gets some closure. This pisses me off to no end when I hear this stuff. Stay safe.

suedv
04-25-2008, 11:03 PM
All the best to you. I'll keep you and your friends in my thougths and prayers.

By the way, what kind of snakes? I have to walk in places with rattlesnakes every so often for work. We actually are looking for them. I get in rather mucky places. I wear sturdy boots with rubber boots over them (some people I go out with just wear good mucking boots) and thick jeans. I feel that the jeans and boots gives me some protection (from the muck and the snakes).

Before you go out tomorrow look on the web for something with images that gives snake identificaton information for your state. Snakes can be frightening to look at and be around, but not all snakes will hurt you. If you know their behavior you are much better off.

Take care.

uawaterskier
04-25-2008, 11:07 PM
stuart call me...I'd love to help out

mbtka
04-26-2008, 03:35 AM
Our thoughts and prayers are also with the family.

trickskier
04-26-2008, 05:47 AM
That has to be tough. Best of luck.

stuartmcnair
04-26-2008, 09:36 PM
Just got home. Not much luck today. Hopefully better tomorrow. Only saw one snake though. Just a grass snake. I guess the Timber Rats and Copperheads gave us a break today.

Going out again first thing tomorrow. Right now I am going to sit in a hot bath...after swinging a machete for a good bit of the day I am hurting.

Justin...we will try to have everyone registered by 7AM. If you come out you need to bring your drivers license. I assume you are at least 18. I should be at Randall about 6:30 so call me if you need directions or anything.

Willski
04-26-2008, 10:42 PM
You're a good man for doing this. Tough situation.

dapicatti
04-27-2008, 03:26 AM
This is such a hard thing for people to understand, myself included. I really admire you for taking this on and helping these families. I can't imagine having this happen to anyone I know. We will keep you all i our thoughts and prayers.

T Scott
04-27-2008, 07:50 AM
Best of luck Stuart. I am sure her family appreciates your efforts, whatever the outcome. God Speed!

stuartmcnair
04-27-2008, 11:14 PM
we're back, and unfortunately, done for this round...the search teams will reconvene after some new information is reviewed...

I would encourage everyone to look at the Texas Equusearch site. These guys do good work. They are all volunteer and are completely reliant on donations. They are leaving here in the morning headed to Florida for another search. I am amazed by them. They come in and leave their blood and sweat (literally one of them got her face pretty banged up today) in the woods searching for people they have never met and they don't ask for a thing in return.

There is a special place for them.

Thanks for the support.