PDA

View Full Version : How to fold down 05-06 X Series Tower

ORX-1
04-24-2008, 07:28 PM
I have read many post about trying to get your boat into your short garage, and I am thinking of giving it a go this weekend. I have an 06 X-1 so the tower is the same as all 2005-2006 X-Series, If someone can post a brief overview of how to get the tower down or pictures that would be great! I am concerned with what direction to fold and what happens to the speaker wires and bimini? Thanks!

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk192/greggrossi_2008/Boat003-1.jpg

brucemac
04-24-2008, 08:20 PM
:)

i can't believe you're going to beat me too it!!! ;)

ORX-1
04-24-2008, 10:14 PM
:)

i can't believe you're going to beat me too it!!! ;)

Well who knows... I don't know what I am doing and I have a storage spot two miles up the road. But have always wanted to see if it would fit... and if so same some $ and park one car outside...

ncsone
04-24-2008, 10:19 PM
I do mine the hard way... I remove the 5/16" allen screws from the front feet, then I fold it backwards and remove the forward legs from the tower. I know it is probably not the ideal way, but it works for me.

brucemac
04-24-2008, 10:23 PM
Well who knows... I don't know what I am doing and I have a storage spot two miles up the road. But have always wanted to see if it would fit... and if so same some $ and park one car outside...

i'm just givin' ya a hard time. i have to sell my old boat, or i would have mine in there by now. mine's currently at storage.

sand2snow22
04-24-2008, 10:55 PM
ORX-1, I'd be more than happy to show you sometime. Give me a holler next week!

norris laker
04-24-2008, 11:04 PM
This is fairly easy to do. Remove the bimini. Disconnect the tower light connecter. If you have speaker wires you will probably need to cut them. Unscrew the top two knobs. On the top starboard side is a small knob that you pull to release the tower. Pull the tower apart and lay the back part of the tower down. Unscrew the two knobs on the front legs of the tower and fold the front legs down.

ORX-1
04-25-2008, 10:56 AM
Bryan sounds good. I will let you know if I give it a try. I will also be at PSBC this afternoon and if there is an 05-06 around I may have them give me a demo. Hope you are hitting the river this weekend, 68 and sunny!

ORX-1, I'd be more than happy to show you sometime. Give me a holler next week!

LQ9Lover
04-25-2008, 12:18 PM
I have a tower folding procedure available as a jpg but it is too large to post. Just email me at mike@redlinewatersports.com and I can forward it over immediately.

djhuff
04-25-2008, 02:30 PM
There should be two plugs, one on each side, that disconnect at the point where the big knob is on the front leg. Disconnect those, then unscrew the big knobs all the way. Next, take out the knobs near the hinges in the front legs (right by the windshield rail).

Now, stand in the boat, looking backward, but in front of the tower cross bar. There is a quick release pin to your left, right at the spot where the knob was. Pull it up, and rock the top part back to the rear sun pad (the front legs hold themselves up).

Now, flip the front legs forward (leave the bimini on, in it's zipped up and stowed position, makes it easier for one person to do it)

Done.

Really quite simple for one person since the tower will hold itself up with that quick disconnect. To put it back up, do the procedure in reverse.

ORX-1
04-27-2008, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the advice guys, Mike I will get an e-mail off this week to get the instructions. My biggest concern is what to do with the speaker wires. I saw "cut the" on here and not to big on that idea! I will try all these and let you know if I get it down.

norris laker
04-27-2008, 11:42 PM
If you look at the tower light wire, you'll see that it as a quick connector that you can use to split the wire so the tower can be lowered. I could be wrong but it sounds like you will need to cut the wires and add some kind of connectors to the wires. You could pull the wires back through the tower but I would think adding connectors would be an easier way.