PDA

View Full Version : Getting a CSX220 - pick it up on Saturday

edeckerpc
04-23-2008, 08:53 PM
Went on a test drive with my wife today and she loves it. That was all I needed, deal is done. We're going to pick it up on Saturday! Can't wait!

New 2007, black with silver flake stripe, x sport package, black bimini, depth finder, cover, etc - and we're switching the top of the cooler/sink to teak.

I know there's a fair amount of aversion to this boat, but after driving it, and the x-2, we decided on the CSX. Love this boat.

We'll take some more pics on the water on Saturday!

:D :D :D

LKNMC
04-23-2008, 08:55 PM
awesome boat congrats

P-hat_in_Cincy
04-23-2008, 09:21 PM
Congrats!

I wouldn't mind driving one of those around for the week to see it's functionality, but I'm stickin' with what I got!

Congrats again! Nice lookin' ride. Enjoy it!

edeckerpc
04-23-2008, 09:34 PM
Forgot to ask - is the MC extended warranty worth it? Covers everything for 6 yrs. Just curious if anyone has gotten any value from it.

uawaterskier
04-23-2008, 09:38 PM
congrats on the new boat, I like the color...just curious do ski alot, or more recreationally (sp?)?? And what made you choose this boat over the x-2. Everyone else, please let this gentleman explain, I for one are very curious to see why this model appealed to him

edeckerpc
04-23-2008, 10:02 PM
My wife is much more into ski than I am. At 29/30mph the wake is definitely flat enough for her to tear it up. That is why the decision was dependent upon her. Concerned about the ski wake without an attitude plate. Not as nice as our neighbors 30 year old Ski Supreme, but definitely not terrible. As for me, I'm more of a recreational boarder and surfer. Honestly, concerned I might kill myself on the wake at 22mph and full ballast...

Chose it over the X-2 because it handled the chop in the large water better, provides great wake, and flattens out at speed for skiing. I'm not a big fisherman, but can see myself actually fishing from it. Originally from Jersey Shore and have family that will be loving it for fishing. Fold down transom will be great with 3 water loving dogs as well as the floor space for them. BTW, also feel the X-2 has a great wake and not bad for skiing.

In the end it just came down to feel and we both liked it better. We loved the X-2 too, but a decision had to be made. Never would have thought it was our style - we were dead set against it last year and now this year we have completely come full circle. Yes, it took us a year to buy a boat of our own. Always had friends and neighbors with them.

uawaterskier
04-23-2008, 10:08 PM
My wife is much more into ski than I am. At 29/30mph the wake is definitely flat enough for her to tear it up. That is why the decision was dependent upon her. Concerned about the ski wake without an attitude plate. Not as nice as our neighbors 30 year old Ski Supreme, but definitely not terrible. As for me, I'm more of a recreational boarder and surfer. Honestly, concerned I might kill myself on the wake at 22mph and full ballast...

Chose it over the X-2 because it handled the chop in the large water better, provides great wake, and flattens out at speed for skiing. I'm not a big fisherman, but can see myself actually fishing from it. Originally from Jersey Shore and have family that will be loving it for fishing. Fold down transom will be great with 3 water loving dogs as well as the floor space for them. BTW, also feel the X-2 has a great wake and not bad for skiing.

In the end it just came down to feel and we both liked it better. We loved the X-2 too, but a decision had to be made. Never would have thought it was our style - we were dead set against it last year and now this year we have completely come full circle. Yes, it took us a year to buy a boat of our own. Always had friends and neighbors with them.
cool deal man. I hope it works out well for yall. It is a sweet boat, and is a lot more "functional" for the the recreational skier. It could definately be a boat you could cruise up and down the river in some chop and it not beat you to death. Anyway enjoy and send lots of pictures when you get it in the water this weekend!

lanier92prostar
04-23-2008, 10:11 PM
Good boat for Lake Lanier on the weekends. Nice boat, I hope you enjoy it. Did you get it from watersports central?
What part of Lanier are you planning on using it? We are on the Cumming/Dawsonville side near six mile. If you are ever in the area, pm me, I would like to see that boat on the water.

edeckerpc
04-24-2008, 08:00 PM
I'll be dry stacking it at Lazy Days Marina, so we'll be all over the lake and will definitely be over by six mile. Have a friend with a house boat that likes to head over that way. I'll hit you up as it continues to get warmer. Wife's family also has a place on Hartwell deep water with a covered dock, so we'll be trailering up there some too.

I did get it over at Watersports Central. Nice shop and the guys over there were helpful.

brucemac
04-24-2008, 08:17 PM
nice boat. i always thought that was a great concept. it's not for everybody for sure, but it appears to do quite a bit very well. congrats!!!

StuSX
04-24-2008, 08:29 PM
Want to trade me for my teak sink lid? I like the white better.... Just got a 2007 CSX SS with the T-Top and I loved your explanation of why you got it. Until you've been in one, you don't realize how cool they are. I don't ski at all, just board and surf, and this is flat out the most functional, fun boat I've been in( traded 06 VLX for it, and my best friend has an X2). This boat rocks!!!!

TMCNo1
04-24-2008, 08:35 PM
Congratulations on the new boat!

StuSX
04-24-2008, 08:36 PM
Second reply- I got the extended 6 year warranty. Anything that goes wrong on these things is $500- by year 6 and 800 or so hours, you'll more than pay for the extended warranty, and it's a small price to pay for the piece of mind. Sell it 5.5 years from now..

My friend had a 2002 X-Star that was costing about 2k per summer in heater cores, PP computer boards, throttle cables, etc... Get the warranty and enjoy the next 6 summers.....

uawaterskier
04-24-2008, 09:17 PM
Want to trade me for my teak sink lid? I like the white better.... Just got a 2007 CSX SS with the T-Top and I loved your explanation of why you got it. Until you've been in one, you don't realize how cool they are. I don't ski at all, just board and surf, and this is flat out the most functional, fun boat I've been in( traded 06 VLX for it, and my best friend has an X2). This boat rocks!!!!
I agree with that 100%. I love the idea, esp. for people who are casual riders/skiers, it is a lot more functional than the other boats. No doubt that most ski boats will beat you senseless if there is choppy water, and they aren't the most efficient thing for cruising around in. Anyway, I'd love to see one of these suckers up close and personal.

edeckerpc
04-24-2008, 09:18 PM
StuSX, appreciate the 6yr response. I have never purchased an extended warranty, but decided to get it on the boat. Re: the teak, it's already on it's way for the dealer to swap it. I should have posted to see if anyone wants a trade...

lanier92prostar
04-24-2008, 10:42 PM
I'll be dry stacking it at Lazy Days Marina, so we'll be all over the lake and will definitely be over by six mile. Have a friend with a house boat that likes to head over that way. I'll hit you up as it continues to get warmer. Wife's family also has a place on Hartwell deep water with a covered dock, so we'll be trailering up there some too.

I did get it over at Watersports Central. Nice shop and the guys over there were helpful.

I'll have to head over to watersports central. They have to be better than the former MC dealer. By the way, I kept mine at Lazy Days for about 8 years. Great people, but make sure you check your platform often. Sometimes these ski boats have a tendency to slide, I don't know about the CSX, but Lazy Days bought me 2 new platforms. Just don't watch them put the boat in the water:D :rolleyes: They bounce like crazy on the forklifts.