PDA

View Full Version : Any one know a good place to wakeboard in the Charleston, SC area

ryfly161
04-23-2008, 09:49 PM
i recently moved to charleston, sc. Can anyone give me some ideas on good places to go hang out and wakeboard. thanks all:cool:

D3skier
04-23-2008, 10:03 PM
i recently moved to charleston, sc. Can anyone give me some ideas on good places to go hang out and wakeboard. thanks all:cool:

I'd contact Seth Stisher at H2Osmosis.com He'd be able to point you to some lakes around there. He is local to Charleston and probably knows the area quite well.

hester
04-23-2008, 10:42 PM
Check out endofropegang.com which is a good site for connecting with other riders in NC, VA and surrounding areas.

DBR
04-23-2008, 10:57 PM
I'm born and raised in the area. the best water in the area is the Cooper River, fresh water, smooth as glass, hard to navigate, lots of gators; no place like it; its great. There every weekend

D3skier
04-23-2008, 11:20 PM
I'm born and raised in the area. the best water in the area is the Cooper River, fresh water, smooth as glass, hard to navigate, lots of gators; no place like it; its great. There every weekend

YOU CAN COUNT ME OUT!!!! I ain't skiing with gators

H20skeefreek
04-23-2008, 11:29 PM
Try Bushy Park. I believe it's part of the cooper, on the freshwater side.

BriEOD
04-24-2008, 07:44 AM
YOU CAN COUNT ME OUT!!!! I ain't skiing with gators
Don't mess with them, they won't mess with you. If you ski in the southeast, you can't get away from them. I've been doing it my entire life.

BriEOD
04-24-2008, 07:58 AM
Charleston has ample places to wakeboard. I'm not sure where in the Lowcountry you call home. The two main arteries are the Cooper and Ashley rivers. Both have public access. However, both are tidal and the further down river you head, the greater the salt content gets. Personally, I like the Cooper best. You can put in at Bushy Park which is over by the Navy Base (52 and 176 junction) in Goose Creek and across from the Dupont Plant. If you continue further northwest towards Moncks Corner you can put in at the "Dock" behind Gilligans Seafood resteraunt, or across the river at the public ramp. This part of the Cooper is called the Tail Race Canal. It gets very glassy and their are lots of homes, the Monestary, the dam and lock, and the restaurant. We frequented this spot for the 5 years we lived in Charleston and loved it!! We hope to visit again this summer at some point. Alternatively, I know some people wakeboard out in Charleston Harbor and over on some of the cuts near Shem Creek. Keep in mind, this is all saltwater. Finally, you can head over to John's Island to Trophy Lakes and pay for wakeboard pulls.

ryfly161
04-25-2008, 03:14 PM
Money thanks guys. That at least gives me some places to look. I work at the Naval Weapons station so bushy parks is close to work. DBR do you know any areas closer to MT P. I live in snee farms so bushy park is a little far for afternoon sessions.

thanks again if any one else has a idea it would be greatly appreciated.

SDAhockey21
04-25-2008, 05:07 PM
Big things in store for SC... To keep all of us connected. More news to follow!

1boarder
04-25-2008, 09:12 PM
I am in Pawleys Island, which is roughly an hour from you. I spend my time around Pawleys or Murrells inlet on the Waccamaw, which is fresh where I am at. The Black river in Georgetown is also nice, but lacks good ramps. Get up with me if you want to see this area.

SDAhockey21
04-26-2008, 12:35 PM
Ok what all of SC has been waiting for!!
www.CWSaxis.com

H20skeefreek
04-26-2008, 09:01 PM
I registered. I bet I'm the first skier. There's no member list though.

SDAhockey21
04-26-2008, 10:52 PM
http://www.cwsaxis.com/phpBB3/memberlist.php