PDA

View Full Version : 12 volts for dummies

CBergerson
04-23-2008, 07:57 PM
I encountered a weird problem while hooking up my shower pump. I am using the gray/black wire that is already stubbed out under the dash and in the back of the boat behind the trunk (2003 197). There is also a ground wire that goes with it.

I have it wired to the Heatercraft mixing valve that also has the switch on it. The shower/pump turns on and off just fine. But, with that wire hooked up to the breaker for ACC 3, the running light on the top of the tower stays on continuously!! DOH!!

Where do I even begin to troubleshoot this?

vogelm1
04-23-2008, 09:52 PM
Not sure if this will help or not, but I just finished mounting my tower and hooked up the tower light tonight. The tower light also uses a black/gray wire. Is there another gray or black/gray wire near by that you can try? Why the shower AND tower light would work at the same time...well it's too late and too many beers into it for me:o You'll figure it out - process of elmination.

CBergerson
04-23-2008, 10:28 PM
Not sure if this will help or not, but I just finished mounting my tower and hooked up the tower light tonight. The tower light also uses a black/gray wire. Is there another gray or black/gray wire near by that you can try? Why the shower AND tower light would work at the same time...well it's too late and too many beers into it for me:o You'll figure it out - process of elmination.

Okay, I have something here. Without hooking up the wire that I think is for power to the pump, I turn on the switch for the running lights. They come on and so does the light on the tower.

Then I go back and switch on the pump. It runs now because it has power from the running lights switch. DOH!! I thought that I was getting by without running any wires.

Does anyone know what color wire is for the shower? Maybe Andy G used it for all of the pretty LEDs on the back of the boat.....

vogelm1
04-24-2008, 06:21 PM
Shower = red/orange and black

CBergerson
04-24-2008, 06:26 PM
Shower = red/orange and black

Thanks. I already strung a new wire and have it working, but I will take a look and see if I can find this one.

CBergerson
04-24-2008, 09:32 PM
Thanks. I already strung a new wire and have it working, but I will take a look and see if I can find this one.
test it out