PDA

View Full Version : Tristar side panel replacement

damaged442
04-23-2008, 09:10 AM
Just took the boat out of storage and found the interior side panels loose. Upon further inspection, the bolts that held them to the side of the boat have all rotted away. I basically pulled the whole panel off with my hands. Needless to say, the wood is also bad and I will be replacing all of it. I know there are a few Tri owners out there, anyone replace these? It doesn't look like the plywood was pressure treated, and the bolts look stainless, except for the part that rotted away. Anyone know what size these are off hand? Thanks in advance. Damn, there are a lot of staples!

damaged442
05-05-2008, 01:54 PM
OK, I have the sides out, all staples removed, and am checking out the situation. The wood is definitely toast, it needs replacing. It looks like 3/8", can anyone verify this? For pressure treated, the smallest I can find is 15/32". Any advice on what will work best?

The vinyl is still in great shape, I cleaned it with 303 Vinyl Cleaner and hit it with the protectant.

I got her running on Saturday in the driveway, which the neighbors love. The 351 sounds great and you can hear her a few neighborhoods over!!

I really want to get this girl back together and get her to the lake.

Were the side panels the same for the Prostars and the Tristars? After removing the vinyl, you can read STB 190 C/B and PORT 190 C/B written in white.