PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Carpet

VOLFAN
04-22-2008, 03:20 PM
What is the best thing to use and the best method to use when cleaning the carpet in my boat?

flipper
04-22-2008, 03:23 PM
I just use what ever I have in the house and a scrub brush, then pressure wash it off

6ballsisall
04-22-2008, 03:29 PM
Ask Erkoehler. He's good at cleaning carpets at mid-nite. :D

Sodar
04-22-2008, 03:35 PM
Best thing I have found is water, carpet cleaner and a clean scrub brush, followed up with ALOT of shop vac! I wet down the carpet, put carpet cleaner in a squeeze bottle and scrub away. I then rinse the carpet and use the brush to get all the soap out and I lastly vaccum as MUCH as I can get out and then let it sit in the sun. Also, try not to step on the carpet until it is dry... it has a tendancy to matt it back down when it is wet!

Good Luck!

Prostar Rich
04-22-2008, 03:53 PM
I just use what ever I have in the house and a scrub brush, then pressure wash it off

I also have had great results using a scrub brush with the pressure washer. I do follow up using the shop vac to help remove the water and then let it dry out in the sun as mentioned by Sodar. I was thinking about trying my house-hold carpet cleaner with the stair attachment and see how that works out.

Prostar Rich

TMCNo1
04-22-2008, 04:58 PM
Stanley Steemer Carpet Cleaner, I bet they'll work a deal for the exposure!
Local companies will do an introductory offer for $49 for a room, is your boat carpet bigger than a room?

loeweb
04-22-2008, 05:03 PM
Stanley Steemer Carpet Cleaner, I bet they'll work a deal for the exposure!
Local companies will do an introductory offer for $49 for a room, is your boat carpet bigger than a room?

I agree. Find someone who works for the local company. Tell them the size of the boat. Tell them you'll drop 'em 10-15 bucks and see if they bite on it. If not see if they can do it before work some morning. Drop the boat off and away you go. I have heard of people having great results with this too!