PDA

View Full Version : fly high pro x bag questions

brucemac
04-22-2008, 01:02 PM
brought home my new to me boat last friday.

she's an 03 X-2 (205v hull)

looking for some fly high fat sac advice.

the boat was custom ordered without factory ballast due to wake enhancement restrictions on the original owner's lake. so no hard tanks or kgb.

the rear lockers are easy, i'll just order a couple of the 750's and be done with it.

so here's my question. should i use the W704 (ski locker bag) or the W705 (rear seat bag) for the ski locker?

i called fly high to get together a parts list and the guy on the phone recommended getting the w705 rear seat bag and sticking it in there. he said it would always be underfilled, but that i'd get more in there than the w704. just looking for confirmation and clarification this?

i plan on just picking up the tsunami pump and doing it old school until this fall when i can have it all plumbed in with pumps and switches.

i also realize we'll probably want some weight up front, but i'm still a novice boarder and we'll typically have 4 or 5 people on board to move around to dial it in so i'm not too worried about that yet.

any advice or clarification this is appreciated. i'd like to get the stuff ordered up this week. oh, last question, any good recommendations on where to order? from the looks of it, most places don't really discount this stuff all that much. guessing there's not a lot of markup here.

Jerseydave
04-22-2008, 07:32 PM
Bruce, sounds like a sweet boat (post pics please). Those 205V hulls have such a nice wake.

My buddy has an '06 X-1 (same hull) He has (2) 400# v-drive sacs in the rear, a sac in the ski locker and another sac in the walkway. The wake is awesome this way, sometimes he even adds one more sac across the bow seats too.

My point is I think the (2) 750# sacs in the rear is overkill, since you can't fill them all the way anyway. You could look for used ones here or on www.wakeworld.com in the classifieds, or on e-bay. For new ones check these sites:

www.buywake.com
www.wakeside.com

Now, post some pics! :)

beatle78
04-22-2008, 07:50 PM
What's the price difference between the 2?

The rear seat sac is 2" shorter. How long is the locker on the 205V?

I'll try to get down to the garage and measure the locker in my 205V.

brucemac
04-22-2008, 08:27 PM
thanks guys. i posted on ww too. got confirmation that for some reason the rear seat sac is a better fit in the locker of the 205v hull. don't ask me why, but according to fly high, you can get more weight in it as compared to the "generic" locker bag--even though it's underfilled. i think i'll call fly high one more time to just confirm.

njskier, i know i'm never going to probably fill those 750's close to full, but it would be nice to have more than the 400's for surfing. besides, they're not that much more than the 400's. be nice to only buy them once and i plan on having it all plumbed in the right way with the right pumps, switches etc after this season in the fall. thinking of resale as well.

one question on the 750's njskier. when you say you can't fill them full anyway, do you mean because of the seperation boards between the motor box and the side hatches? or simply because they're so big? am i wrong to assume, i'd get well over 400lbs per side in each? i know there's some flex in those dividers, but i doubt it would bend them into the manifolds. i could be wrong.

beatle78
04-22-2008, 09:27 PM
I'm pretty sure we have members on here that use the 750's in the rear lockers of their 205Vs. And they look pretty full in the pics....

scroll down to the ballast section in this link.
http://www.wakesiderides.com/rides/index.php?page=out&id=1482

'02xrider
04-22-2008, 09:41 PM
I have the 750's in the rear. They will fill all the way and make setting up for surfing easy.

brucemac
04-22-2008, 09:56 PM
sweet, thanks fellas. i'll get 'em ordered up.

Jerseydave
04-22-2008, 10:20 PM
I stand corrected............didn't think there was enough room to fill them up. That 205V on wakesiderides is sweet!

brucemac
04-22-2008, 10:28 PM
yeah, phat's got a sweet ride. i should ping him about that locker sack. it says custom. wonder what he ended up doing.

i'm itching to order. probably do it tomorrow.

brucemac
04-22-2008, 10:34 PM
njskier, here's my new-to-me ride

P-hat_in_Cincy
04-22-2008, 11:25 PM
yeah, phat's got a sweet ride. i should ping him about that locker sack. it says custom. wonder what he ended up doing.

i'm itching to order. probably do it tomorrow.

I ordered my locker sack before fly high came out with their stuff. My locker sack came in big so it doesn't get completely full either. The consensus is to get weight forward, so go as big as possible in the locker.

Regarding the rear, the 400's are probably OK for wakeboarding most of the time, but the 750's give you flexibility for boarding and surfing. Just put it on the project list to reinforce the divider walls as they may push against the manifolds and melt a little. You can see that project write-up too in my wsr profile.

Good idea to get some weight in there and tackle the project in the winter.

Again...congrats on the ride. She sure is purty!

Oh...and thanks for the compliments on my ride.

Jerseydave
04-23-2008, 08:55 PM
brucemac, nice ride!
Besides riding behind my friends' X-1, I also got a chance to ride behind an '07 X-2 last friday...........nice wake on that as well. MC's got these wakes dialed in. :)

brucemac
04-23-2008, 09:33 PM
njskier, thanks. wanted an mc since i was a kid. i had actually been saving and wanted an 06-08 X-2 for a while now and was probably going to be able to do it at the end of this season or next fall/winter, but with a baby due in llike 2 weeks, just had a hard time justifying the the payments and didn't want to stretch it way out there. wife and i agreed to settle a bit. this boat came along and is still a great upgrade for us. i think i got pretty lucky on the condition of the boat, the timing, etc. got some work to do to her though. got my bimini and sacs orderd up. pp wakeboard pro later this season and plumb the sacs in this next winter. :) our plan is to keep this one ~5 years and upgrade again. we'll see.

beatle78
04-24-2008, 04:04 PM
njskier, thanks. wanted an mc since i was a kid. i had actually been saving and wanted an 06-08 X-2 for a while now and was probably going to be able to do it at the end of this season or next fall/winter, but with a baby due in llike 2 weeks, just had a hard time justifying the the payments and didn't want to stretch it way out there. wife and i agreed to settle a bit. this boat came along and is still a great upgrade for us. i think i got pretty lucky on the condition of the boat, the timing, etc. got some work to do to her though. got my bimini and sacs orderd up. pp wakeboard pro later this season and plumb the sacs in this next winter. :) our plan is to keep this one ~5 years and upgrade again. we'll see.

my :twocents: Order the PP NOW!!! It will save your marriage!! Plus who wants to ride behind a world class boat where the driver can't keep a steady speed? It can really wreck your day of riding.

I bought our 205V in Sept 2 years ago. So for 1.5 months I had to have my wife tow me. She talked more than she drove and I was SUPER PO'd at her. (she thought I should be happy that I'm wakeboarding.... women)

All last summer I had PP and let me tell you.... the ride was sweet and consistent and my wife still doesn't have to REALLY know how to drive. 8p

again.... my :twocents:

brucemac
04-24-2008, 06:27 PM
hey, beat, i hear ya. trust me. my wife won't be pulling me this season. she's going to be holding our newborn. :) she's due may 8th.

but again, yes i hear ya. we kind of struck a deal. i could buy the boat, the bimini, the bags and the pump, but i had to wait until fall/winter to have the ballast plumbed, the perfect pass and the stereo upgrade. we haven't heard back on our taxes yet, maybe we'll get lucky and i can schmooze her into it. ;)

KnoxX2
04-24-2008, 06:29 PM
Kids are spendy $$$$$ Trust me I have 4 of them!!!!!

brucemac
04-24-2008, 06:36 PM
Kids are spendy $$$$$ Trust me I have 4 of them!!!!!

howdy knox! yeah, trust me i know. this is our 3rd. 2 girls and this one is a boy. should be interesting. looking forward to it.

ever feel like you're single handedly pulling this country out of recession?! ;)

beatle78
04-24-2008, 08:00 PM
hey, beat, i hear ya. trust me. my wife won't be pulling me this season. she's going to be holding our newborn. :) she's due may 8th.

but again, yes i hear ya. we kind of struck a deal. i could buy the boat, the bimini, the bags and the pump, but i had to wait until fall/winter to have the ballast plumbed, the perfect pass and the stereo upgrade. we haven't heard back on our taxes yet, maybe we'll get lucky and i can schmooze her into it. ;)

oh, congratulations on the upcoming baby! I have 2 under 2 right now. Talk about busy 8p

OK, I thought you ordered the bimini over the PP. I was going to suggest you do it the other way. But I hear ya on the good deal. I can't pass up a good deal either :)

brucemac
04-24-2008, 08:04 PM
thanks bud, yeah it's nuts isn't it? i've got a 4 year old and a 19mo old. :)

stick a fork in me, cuz' i'm done!

yeah, technically i did order the bimini over PP, but only because of the family. we boat east of the mountains quite a bit here, and it gets pretty hot over there. have to have some shade for the kiddies and wife.

bzmillerboy
04-25-2008, 11:12 AM
Brucemc, does the boat have MC cruise? I have an '05 X-2 with MC cruise and it works well, although I am upgrading to PP because it performs a little better. I do recommend getting PP ASAP, maybe even before sacs. A big wake won't help much if you can't hold a consistent speed (my 2 cents).

Now, regarding sacs.
I have the KGB in my boat, but in addition to that I put side sacs(250lbs each) in the rear and a center sac(400lbs) in the bow. Total weight is around 900lbs rear and 700lbs center/bow (center sac doesn't fill completely). The wake is great with this weight, so I'm sure you'll be in good shape with your plan! Have fun!

KnoxX2
04-25-2008, 11:48 AM
howdy knox! yeah, trust me i know. this is our 3rd. 2 girls and this one is a boy. should be interesting. looking forward to it.

ever feel like you're single handedly pulling this country out of recession?! ;)

Yes why yes I do........................:rolleyes:

brucemac
04-25-2008, 12:18 PM
bzmillerboy yeah, i hear ya. it doesn't have MC cruise either, but i hear ya. it just came down to order of importance for the family. the bimini was most important for shade and was $800 with shipping. bought it from towerbiminis.com. liked the design, no straps and bigger than the factory one. i didn't have much more budget left with the wife. i plan on ordering direct through PP since it seems to be reasonable and i think they ship free with no tax. already found a great shop to install it from a referal so i'm all set. just have to save the extra cash. the little bit of money i did have set aside went to (2) 750's, the rear seat sac for the locker and a tsunami pump. also picked up a new a-line and murray handle. the rear seat sac was based off of fly high's advice. they said i'd get more than the generic locker bag, but still be underfilled. i plan on ordering PP and the integrated bow sac sometime later this year. by next season the boat will be finished with all the trimings including plumbed ballast, PP, dual bats and a new sound system. i'm going to have my hands full with the new little one so it will be great just to get out on the water when i can this year. trust me, i know how important PP is. :) wish i could do it all at once, but the hard part is over, finding the right boat. :)

etakk7
04-25-2008, 01:09 PM
The ski locker in my 205V is 10x10x80.

The tube sac from Fly High is 10x16x62 and the rear seat sac is 12x26x62. Logic would say that they will both fill with the same amount of weight since they are maximizing the height and width of the compartment.

I went with the tube sac because it was way cheaper than a custom sac, which would have been around $250 I believe. I have lead weight filling the rest of the ski locker. Having used an oversized bag in the ski locker last year, it is more annoying than anything because the bag can get all twisted up and you want the drain hole to be at the lowest point at all times to drain properly.

brucemac
04-25-2008, 04:51 PM
etakk7, where were you 3 days ago!!?? ;)

just kiddin'

no worries, it wasn't much more than the tube sac

if it gives me grief, i'll sell it and get a custom bag, or the generic locker bag before i have it plumbed in. thanks for the reply. i plan on buying the integrated bow sac later this year so that should help quite a bit i'm told too.