PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tightened bow cushion ?

Kummer
04-21-2008, 10:19 PM
Any help with loose bow cushions on 03 X2? Not sure how to access the bolts on the back side. What am I missing here? Should be simple just need to how to get a wrench on it.- I have tried going through the speaker holes...no luck

Cary K.
04-23-2008, 07:38 AM
I have an 01, but should be pretty close. I logged on to make a post about this too. I am trying to get mine off and seem to be missing one fastener that I can't find. I went through this less than 8 hrs ago, so it is somewhat fresh in my head.

Anyway, you do have to get in the speaker holes and one other hole in the very front most bow cushion. You can wrangle your arm into the right position and your elbow will make it through, easier than you think. We found 4 studs per side, but can't find one on the front wall.

Anyone know where / what kind of fastener is in the wall under the windshield? I have amps / custom speaker boxes, etc under both sides, so I would like to know what / where before I pull all of this stuff out, especially if I don't need to.

lav
04-23-2008, 12:39 PM
Cary have a crappy pick from 02 xstar. there is a stud sticking through and a washer and nut on the inside under glove box i believe there are two of them one more above one in pic can prob get you better pic up later if this helps

Cary K.
04-23-2008, 02:19 PM
That is very helpful, thank you. My amp board and amps are mounted on that wall, so I guess all of that comes down tonight, d@mn.

lav
04-23-2008, 03:44 PM
cary only one i can see on my pass. side

Kummer
04-24-2008, 04:42 PM
Well i will give it a try may need to get the wife with her smaller arms in there to get it done.

Cary K.
04-25-2008, 09:32 AM
I got it done, not too much problem. BTW, there are three more studs / nuts on the inside, two on the flat side, one in the curve. Not too terribly bad to do after I got the amps etcv out of the way and could actually see the bolts. Thanks again for the help.