PDA

View Full Version : 2003 X2 water pump impeller change

VOLFAN
04-21-2008, 09:30 PM
OK ... So I went down to the boat this afternoon. I was on the mission of changing out the impeller. I carried all kinds of tool down to the boat so that I would be prepared for anything that could come my way.

I raised the sun deck pad area up took a drink of beer.

I stepped back into the motor compartment and took a nut driver and removed the four bolts. This was easy! I then got a screw driver and another drink of beer. I used th escrew driver to remove the plate. I laid it to the side and took a couple more drinks of beer preparing me for the trouble of getting the olf impeller out! I reached down there and pulled it out with my and after working it just a tad bit. (This was too easy! Must have been the Miller Lite) There was no fins left on it so I took off the hoses to make sure I go all remaining pieces out of the system. I took and cleane it out with a rag and then sprayed the inside with silicone. I then took a couple more drinks of beer and go the new impeller. I sprayed it with silicone and slid it into place. (I had to work it around a little to get it in. I then got the new gasket and plate and replaced them. After getting it all back together and double checking the gasket and making sure everything looked correct I got out of the boat and cracked open a new beer and lowered into the water. I fired her up and then watche dto make sure i had no leakes. I sat and waited and watched the temp. It took it awhile, but it finally got to 160 degrees. After drinking on my beer a little more I bace dit out of the slip and took it for a test drive. It never got above 160 degrees. Oh by the way boy do I love my MasterCraft! It is such a great boat! Thanks for all the info on this project! It was a two beer job and was done much more easily than expected!

VOLFAN
04-21-2008, 09:53 PM
And I finally get to take it out and enjoy it on Center Hill. I had to take a pic to send to Sham. I wanted to rub it in a little.

TMCNo1
04-21-2008, 10:22 PM
Duh Huh,33977

denverd1
04-22-2008, 10:40 AM
that thing was toasted!

VOLFAN
04-22-2008, 11:10 AM
I don't think it had ever been changed! I think this, because of the paint that was on the water pump cover and bolts holding it looked as if they had never been touched!

I am thankful to have all the people on this forum to help me keep my boat running!