PDA

View Full Version : Can You Go "Tech-Free"?

shepherd
04-21-2008, 02:54 PM
I was just wondering about this yesterday.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/education/orl-techfree2108apr21,0,3686295.story

"For one week five days, really a class of college students was assigned to unplug and live a tech-free life.

No cell phones. No iPods. No computers, TVs or video games. It was enough to make a "millennial" weep."

fintek9
04-21-2008, 03:07 PM
not I!...:D

lanier92prostar
04-21-2008, 03:10 PM
The cell phone would get me. Other than work and my addiction to TT, I do not use IPOD, video games and the computer too much. I don't think I would make it a week without the cell phone. I made it a month last summer without the others.

Monte
04-21-2008, 03:14 PM
I'm doing it right now...

Darn I slipped up...

wakeX2wake
04-21-2008, 03:22 PM
i'm w/ that one kid... why?... i mean i get it but it's kind of dumb unless you're trying to teach yourself some self control or something but you don't dangle a carrot in front of a horse and expect him to not eat it!!!... i did go a week w/ out my cell phone when i was in school... all i can say is thank god for facebook... i had people blowing up my wall and messages to do stuff... little did i realize how painful it was to not have a cell phone... i feel naked if i don't have my wallet cell and keys on me at all times

M-Funf
04-21-2008, 03:46 PM
I went to Belize for 10 days. No phone, no TV, no computers, no nothin.

Great trip...very relaxing.