PDA

View Full Version : The Worst Thing My Daughter Has Ever Said To Me!!!

trickskier
04-21-2008, 09:46 AM
Daddy, I'm going to be a Seminole..................8p

wakeX2wake
04-21-2008, 09:47 AM
why would you pick tallahassee (sp?)... at least stay SEC for the love of Pete

trickskier
04-21-2008, 10:13 AM
why would you pick tallahassee (sp?)... at least stay SEC for the love of Pete
Several reasons: We did the Florida Pre-Paid College Tuition when she was a child (so she has to go to a State College in Florida). She also qualifies for 100% Paid Tuition from Bright Futures (Florida Lottery). So basically her 4-Year degree is paid for as long as she goes to a State College in Florida.

Now Listen to this: She has a 4.1 GPA, 1270 SAT, & 30 ACT. She applied to Florida, Florida State, University of North Florida, and University of South Florida.

She was accepted by all of them except Florida. In addition to what I mentioned above they offered her additional Scholarship Money and was told she eligible to enroll in their Honors Program.

Yet Florida said NO! :mad:

A.I. Rider
04-21-2008, 10:26 AM
Its amazing how competitive UF has gotten to be in the last 10 years. Has she explored looking at summer enrollment vs. starting the traditional fall enrollment. I knew several people who got accepted this way who would have otherwise been turned down in the fall. When I got accepted there nine years ago, I had almost exactly the same qualifications as what she has now. I was told that I was borderline at the time but I did manage to get in for fall. There may be a way she can still re apply for summer, if that still works. Just a thought.

I know with all of the gator love you have it will be tough to lose her to the tribe, but FSU like UF, has become extremely competive. Good luck to her which ever was she chooses to go!

Monte
04-21-2008, 10:31 AM
AI is correct Trick. The first semester dropout rate could probably get her a place in the spring. If the scholarship is transferable that may be an option. That is if she still wants to be a Gator..

6ballsisall
04-21-2008, 10:32 AM
Well look at it this way Tricky. She didn't attempt to give you a heart attack by saying she was going to UT!!! I can only imagine what that would have done to you. 8p

wakeX2wake
04-21-2008, 10:34 AM
or UGA haha

trickskier
04-21-2008, 10:37 AM
Yes, she applied for summer enrollment at Florida. We have tried everything we know to do. She wrote a letter to the Appeals Board and 3 Very Prominent Bull Gators wrote letters on her behalf, but it was to no avail.

She applied late to FSU and was still accepted for the Fall. We toured the campus a couple of weeks ago and I was extremely impressed. Just don't think I'll be able to learn the Chop!!! :rolleyes:

Ric
04-21-2008, 10:40 AM
so tricky are you finally gettin rid of that stupid hat?

Upper Michigan Prostar190
04-21-2008, 10:40 AM
If he is going to be in the wedding he dam sure will be.

6ballsisall
04-21-2008, 10:46 AM
Hey Tricky do you use Ethanol gas down in Jax? I was wondering if you are worried about it messing up that sweet X2 of yours.

trickskier
04-21-2008, 10:47 AM
Absolutely...........................NOT!!!

trickskier
04-21-2008, 10:48 AM
Hey Tricky do you use Ethanol gas down in Jax? I was wondering if you are worried about it messing up that sweet X2 of yours.
Not a requirement by the State at the present time.

Chief
04-21-2008, 10:49 AM
I guess she's going to be cut out the will. Don't worry Rick theres bigger disappointments. See UMP's comments...........

When did you get an X2?

6ballsisall
04-21-2008, 10:49 AM
Hey Tricky do you know what Hoosier Bob is drinking? Lakey and UMP want to know........

04-21-2008, 10:53 AM
SHUT-UP UMP...................This is SERIOUS STUFF HERE!!! LIFE ALTERING I TELL YA!!!

I know it is Dad. thats why we decided to wait until the baby is at least 1 before we move out of your place. It gives us time to save up for a down payment on that trailer. my 85 Camaro is almost paid off, so we will REALLY be able to save then!

6ballsisall
04-21-2008, 10:54 AM
Congratulations Tricky! Your daughter is off to college and tying the knot with the Umpster! You must be proud!

So will you be serving Bud or Coors at the party?

6ballsisall
04-21-2008, 10:56 AM
Neither. Only the best champagne for our friends.

Well I guess that means Hoosier Bob, Lakey, and I can't attend.......:rolleyes:

04-21-2008, 10:57 AM
Well I guess that means Hoosier Bob, Lakey, and I can't attend.......:rolleyes:

dude, you ddint read.......... I said you all going to be there!!!!

I promise!!!!!

she and I wouldnt have it any other way.

6ballsisall
04-21-2008, 10:58 AM

I promise!!!!!

Oh ok. So there will be a keg of the Colorado Kool-Aid somewhere hidden for us then???

Monte
04-21-2008, 10:58 AM

I promise!!!!!

Is trick footing the bill? I need a hotel room.. And beer:rolleyes:

Chief
04-21-2008, 11:00 AM
I know it is Dad. thats why we decided to wait until the baby is at least 1 before we move out of your place. It gives us time to save up for a down payment on that trailer. my 85 Camaro is almost paid off, so we will REALLY be able to save then!

That's funny! Trick don't show Janice this thread.

6ballsisall
04-21-2008, 11:03 AM
Is trick footing the bill? I need a hotel room.. And beer:rolleyes:

Of course he is, don't you read son??!! Heck he's pickin up my first class plane tickets for my family. Heckuva guy that Tricky is!

trickskier
04-21-2008, 11:04 AM
That's funny! Trick don't show Janice this thread.
Yeah SLump is a real comedian....................8p

JBaker
04-21-2008, 11:07 AM
Several reasons: We did the Florida Pre-Paid College Tuition when she was a child (so she has to go to a State College in Florida). She also qualifies for 100% Paid Tuition from Bright Futures (Florida Lottery). So basically her 4-Year degree is paid for as long as she goes to a State College in Florida.

Now Listen to this: She has a 4.1 GPA, 1270 SAT, & 30 ACT. She applied to Florida, Florida State, University of North Florida, and University of South Florida.

She was accepted by all of them except Florida. In addition to what I mentioned above they offered her additional Scholarship Money and was told she eligible to enroll in their Honors Program.

Her stats look very impressive. I'm suprised she did not get into UF, especially coming from in-state. It may be that UF, like many coastal schools, focuses more on the SAT than the ACT. While 1270 is strong, it is not nearly as strong as a 30 on the ACT.

I considered UF for b-school, but it doesn't seem to get the respect that it should considering how competitive it is. It is getting nearly as selective as UNC, Michigan and other top non-CA state universities.

Anywho, hopefully she will be happy at FSU, and that's really what counts.

04-21-2008, 11:21 AM
I bet you have a friend at the bingo hall...
we rehearse at teh bingo hall. dont knock it.

trickskier
04-21-2008, 11:22 AM
I bet you have a friend at the bingo hall...
You know him well..............:uglyhamme :uglyhamme :uglyhamme

DemolitionMan
04-21-2008, 11:23 AM
Trick, Nicole will be wearing a straw cow girl hat before you know it.

KnoxX2
04-21-2008, 11:23 AM
A SAD DAY IN GATOR COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick you can't let her be a Florida State Criminal!!!!!

Congrats on her getting into collage. I am sure you are very proud!

TMCNo1
04-21-2008, 11:25 AM

Rick, you'll get over it! We wanted Traci to go to Clemson, but she chose UNC Chapel Hill, and with 2 Bachelor and 2 Masters Degrees from there she did pretty well, survived and is doing pretty well for herself and I am pround of her!
But when she graduated and we left Chapel Hill that day, I looked in the rear view mirror to see it I could see any smoke, cause I would not have gone back to pee on the fire to help put it out, if UNC had been burning down! I'm just sayin!:rolleyes: :D

trickskier
04-21-2008, 11:25 AM
If you plan on being in your daughter's and my wedding you will be. We will NOT be having orange and blue in our wedding. your daughter already picked the colors. Formal black & white. wait till you get the bill, Dad.
I'm sure this is your idea of "Formal Balck & White".................:rolleyes:

trickskier
04-21-2008, 11:27 AM
Her stats look very impressive. I'm suprised she did not get into UF, especially coming from in-state. It may be that UF, like many coastal schools, focuses more on the SAT than the ACT. While 1270 is strong, it is not nearly as strong as a 30 on the ACT.

I considered UF for b-school, but it doesn't seem to get the respect that it should considering how competitive it is. It is getting nearly as selective as UNC, Michigan and other top non-CA state universities.

Anywho, hopefully she will be happy at FSU, and that's really what counts.
Thanks, after taking the tour of FSU, I really think she'll get a better education there.

trickskier
04-21-2008, 11:29 AM
Trick, Nicole will be wearing a straw cow girl hat before you know it.
She has more CLASS than that!

6ballsisall
04-21-2008, 11:33 AM
Hey Trick, thanks for the offer on the plane tickets. I think we are going to drive down. We really want to get this new Pinto out on the road and let it stretch it's arms and legs out a bit. I am concerned though, do they use ethanol gas down in your neck of the woods?

trickskier
04-21-2008, 11:36 AM
Hey Trick, thanks for the offer on the plane tickets. I think we are going to drive down. We really want to get this new Pinto out on the road and let it stretch it's arms and legs out a bit. I am concerned though, do they use ethanol gas down in your neck of the woods?
Just use Teak Oil as a substitute..............;)

6ballsisall
04-21-2008, 11:37 AM
Just use Teak Oil as a substitute..............;)

Great thinking! So what brand of teak oil should I use? I was thinking about oiling my platform while I was at it. Maybe we can do a GROUP BUY on teak oil.

Maristar210
04-21-2008, 11:39 AM
Did the Pistons win last night?

trickskier
04-21-2008, 11:39 AM
Great thinking! So what brand of teak oil should I use? I was thinking about oiling my platform while I was at it. Maybe we can do a GROUP BUY on teak oil.

I'm in.................8p

6ballsisall
04-21-2008, 11:41 AM
I'm in.................8p

Ric said he would coordinate the group buy. Lets all PM him.,

jaxrider
04-21-2008, 11:42 AM
Trick,

I happen to have a little insight into the admissions process at UF. My school and UF have a partnership and each year I take students down to the homeland to give them a three day view of college life. After talking with the head of admissions over the years, I have come to learn that UF is all about the student as an individual person and not so much the academic requirement. Don't get me wrong, they still have high academic standards, but they are looking for students that are going to be involved in campus life and the community. I am sure you daughter is a wonderful and deserving person with more than stellar accolades to attend UF. However, I have been told many times that a student with a 3.3 and 1200 SAT who is active in their community and school will be admitted over a student who has a 4.0 and 1400 SAT who is not involved.
Basically, UF weights their admission on the personal essay they are required to write. Maybe she could give it another shot. Either way she got into several great collages and from her accomplishments already seems to be ready for a great college life (Although visiting the vast wasteland of FSU will be hard for ya I'm sure)

The real question is come Saturday's, do you visit the daughter or go and watch TEBOW destroy all those who enter the SWAMP!!!

A.I. Rider
04-21-2008, 11:50 AM
I have fun knocking at FSU because my wife is a grad from there (05), but I have to say, after visiting a few times, I could easily see how she could enjoy it. The college of business is getting extremely competitive, and then the select paths such as hospitality, entreprenuership, etc. are even more difficult, which speaks volumes for the type of graduates they are producing.

My question is, would it have been worse had she been accepted to UGA? All the best to her!

trickskier
04-21-2008, 11:52 AM
Trick,

I happen to have a little insight into the admissions process at UF. My school and UF have a partnership and each year I take students down to the homeland to give them a three day view of college life. After talking with the head of admissions over the years, I have come to learn that UF is all about the student as an individual person and not so much the academic requirement. Don't get me wrong, they still have high academic standards, but they are looking for students that are going to be involved in campus life and the community. I am sure you daughter is a wonderful and deserving person with more than stellar accolades to attend UF. However, I have been told many times that a student with a 3.3 and 1200 SAT who is active in their community and school will be admitted over a student who has a 4.0 and 1400 SAT who is not involved.
Basically, UF weights their admission on the personal essay they are required to write. Maybe she could give it another shot. Either way she got into several great collages and from her accomplishments already seems to be ready for a great college life (Although visiting the vast wasteland of FSU will be hard for ya I'm sure)

The real question is come Saturday's, do you visit the daughter or go and watch TEBOW destroy all those who enter the SWAMP!!!
PM at ya!!!

trickskier
04-21-2008, 11:55 AM
I have fun knocking at FSU because my wife is a grad from there (05), but I have to say, after visiting a few times, I could easily see how she could enjoy it. The college of business is getting extremely competitive, and then the select paths such as hospitality, entreprenuership, etc. are even more difficult, which speaks volumes for the type of graduates they are producing.

My question is, would it have been worse had she been accepted to UGA? All the best to her!
Jawga would have definitely been WORSE!!!

trickskier
04-21-2008, 12:09 PM
Wait til she says she's spending Spring Break in Michigan :D
NOw dad, is that anyway to talk to your future son in law?
You guys are a riot.....................Cabin Fever??? Have you De-Winterized yet???

Maristar210
04-21-2008, 12:24 PM
Tricky there are still trying to get all the ethanol pumped out of their tanks first. Then they'll pull their boats over to Erk's shop to be dewinterized. Of course they'll be pulling it with a 1500HD. Along the way they'll stop for a Pasty and go Walmarts. While at Walmarts UMP will get himself a new pair of sunglasses. Of course they won't post all this info themselves because Gene wouldn't approve of it.

Jeff hard to type with six balls in your mouth?

Just wundrin? :D 8p

Maristar210
04-21-2008, 12:25 PM
Did you grease your rudder?

shepherd
04-21-2008, 01:29 PM

100% paid tuition???
If I was her dad, that would be enough for me... even if she was going to Ohio State! :D

04-21-2008, 01:40 PM
100% paid tuition???
If I was her dad, that would be enough for me... even if she was going to Ohio State! :D

she may be coming to michigan.

shepherd
04-21-2008, 01:43 PM
don't you mean Canada?

Gonzo
04-21-2008, 02:25 PM
let me be the first to welcome you to the best basketball confrence in the world.

Welcome to the ACC!! proceed to get your butt whooped by all the other ACC teams in BBall on the regular basis.

wakeX2wake
04-21-2008, 02:29 PM
let me be the first to welcome you to the best basketball confrence in the world.

Welcome to the ACC!! proceed to get your butt whooped by all the other ACC teams in BBall on the regular basis.

sounds kind of familiar except i wouldn't say the SEC is the best conference at b-ball... just everything else

04-21-2008, 03:07 PM
We're having robster craws at the wedding reception. Fancy.

trickskier
04-21-2008, 03:39 PM
We're having robster craws at the wedding reception. Fancy.
You be crawing arright, with my BIG FOOT pranted squarere in your brack.

betsy&david Harrison
04-21-2008, 03:42 PM
Well this is the first I have heard of this!! Shame on you UMP... two wives..... when did you plan on telling me? When we moved to Utah??

04-21-2008, 03:49 PM
Well this is the first I have heard of this!! Shame on you UMP... two wives..... when did you plan on telling me? When we moved to Utah??

well, we did plan on all moving there once the band got off the ground donchano.

betsy&david Harrison
04-21-2008, 03:52 PM
Tricky... you moving to Utah to live as a Clan with us?

trickskier
04-21-2008, 03:55 PM
Tricky... you moving to Utah to live as a Clan with us?
Not a chance................Native Floridian.................:D

trickskier
04-21-2008, 03:57 PM
Well SLump...................It looks like it's just you and your hand tonight.........8p

04-21-2008, 03:59 PM
Well SLump...................It looks like it's just you and your hand tonight.........8p

OH I dont think so.

I gots me a plane ticket to FL. :cool:

6ballsisall
04-21-2008, 04:14 PM
OH I dont think so.

I gots me a plane ticket to FL. :cool:

Gonna go get your hair cut by Tricky are ya??? :confused:

trickskier
04-21-2008, 04:30 PM
Gonna go get your hair cut by Tricky are ya??? :confused:
SCALPED!!!...............:D

04-21-2008, 04:38 PM
Not a chance. Besides Trick, your daughter would love me no matter what my hairstyle was.

icewake
04-21-2008, 04:53 PM
wrong thread....

trickskier
04-21-2008, 07:26 PM
Not a chance. Besides Trick, your daughter would love me no matter what my hairstyle was.
UMP..............
I showed my daughter this picture of you and she spit coke all over my monitor... 33963

04-21-2008, 08:54 PM
Oh Tricky. this is a family oriented place, so I cant get into personal stuff, but WOW!!!! WOWEEE WOW!!!

JBaker
04-21-2008, 10:21 PM
UMP..............
I showed my daughter this picture of you and she spit coke all over my monitor... 33963

Those nerd straps are way nar nar

atlfootr
04-22-2008, 12:13 AM
Absolutely...........................NOT!!! Ya better believe it, it'll be in his "fla shrine" if it's not there already :rolleyes:
And WAY TO GO, for your daughter --- call it YOUR PAYBACK for those tickets I never saw :D

BriEOD
04-22-2008, 01:41 AM
To my dear friend Mr. Copley, you will have to excuse my delay in responding to this most deplorable correspondence from UMP (Don). In light of my near term redeployment back to the US, I would like to offer you my services. Since you have always been kind to me, and having met your kind and lovely daughter, I recommend we put a Target Package together on UMP and I can scrape an extraction/interrogation team together to pick him up. Based on conducting these types of activities over the past six months in the Middle-East, I feel my team and I could deftly accomplish this task while mitigating any potential risk to you and your daughter. We work cheap, which is to say a 12 pk of Miller Lite will suffice. Moreover, based upon UMP’s inferior psychological make-up and his plethora of knowledge surrounding brake pads and other auto parts, a subsequent interrogation would likely yield favorable results (assuming he lives through it). Resume and references (albeit most of them are rotting away in internment camps) available upon request. Ciao.:D

trickskier
04-22-2008, 06:36 AM
To my dear friend Mr. Copley, you will have to excuse my delay in responding to this most deplorable correspondence from UMP (Don). In light of my near term redeployment back to the US, I would like to offer you my services. Since you have always been kind to me, and having met your kind and lovely daughter, I recommend we put a Target Package together on UMP and I can scrape an extraction/interrogation team together to pick him up. Based on conducting these types of activities over the past six months in the Middle-East, I feel my team and I could deftly accomplish this task while mitigating any potential risk to you and your daughter. We work cheap, which is to say a 12 pk of Miller Lite will suffice. Moreover, based upon UMP’s inferior psychological make-up and his plethora of knowledge surrounding brake pads and other auto parts, a subsequent interrogation would likely yield favorable results (assuming he lives through it). Resume and references (albeit most of them are rotting away in internment camps) available upon request. Ciao.:D
Hey Brian!..............I accept your offer. A 12-pack of Miller Lite is in my frige. Look forward to seeing you when you get back home!
Be Safe My Friend!!!

04-22-2008, 09:06 AM

Your a real funny guy Bri.

BriEOD
04-22-2008, 09:34 AM
Your a real funny guy Bri.
Always happy to entertain you.

wakeX2wake
04-22-2008, 09:36 AM
this has gone on for 10 pages now... i'm impressed... like a waffle

Gonzo
04-22-2008, 09:37 AM
Tricky. make me breakfast. I need to tend to your daughter.

Ouch!!!!! :eek:

Gonzo
04-22-2008, 09:38 AM
Bri if I read the message right you are in the service? Sorry to threadjack, but thank you for that and be safe.

6ballsisall
04-22-2008, 09:43 AM

Priceless!!!!!!!!!:headbang: :worthy: :uglyhamme

wakeX2wake
04-22-2008, 09:49 AM

that is an impressive and awesome combination of words there... i'm glad this guy is protecting our country b/c not only (from the way it sounds) is he a complete BAD AZZ but he's a smart and incredibly articulate one at that... dog sounds like this is who you need to be sending your daughter after...

sorry UMP i ain't hating... the breakfast comment was hilarious... it just sounds like you're going to "disappear" soon and there's a heart that will need to be mended

6ballsisall
04-22-2008, 09:55 AM
that is an impressive and awesome combination of words there... i'm glad this guy is protecting our country b/c not only (from the way it sounds) is he a complete BAD AZZ but he's a smart and incredibly articulate one at that... dog sounds like this is who you need to be sending your daughter after...

sorry UMP i ain't hating... the breakfast comment was hilarious... it just sounds like you're going to "disappear" soon and there's a heart that will need to be mended

Oh yeah dude, Bri is one of the original TT peeps. He's shared stories over the years, I am sure none of the really good ones which I undoubtedly classified but make no mistake, Bri is big dog on campus and is good a person as our father makes em.

BriEOD
04-22-2008, 10:06 AM
Hello gents...

Thanks for all of the kind words and thoughts.

I'd like to especially thank UMP for being a good sport as usual. I saw this thread and couldn't pass it up! With that said, I have met Rick's daughter and she is a nice gal. Actually, I gave her directions to an ice cream shop if I am not mistaken. Moreover, while Rick has a nice X-1 (and I do like the colors) I am spoken for and, although Rick might not think so (as he commonly tells me), a little to old for his daughter.

Yes, I am one of the "old guys" around these parts. I am came on board with East Tx Skier and Andre, gosh, almost 7 years ago. It is a great forum with great people.

I should be home in a few weeks after yet another tour in the Mid-East. My family and I are ready to hit the water and we recently picked up a new ride (see photos in my photo book). Currently, things are slowing down due to my team changing out with our relief so I have some spare time to check in on my favorite website.

6ballsisall
04-22-2008, 10:10 AM
Great to hear you are nearing the completion of your tour! Take care!

How bout' some more pics of the new ride!!???

trickskier
04-22-2008, 10:56 AM
Hello gents...

Thanks for all of the kind words and thoughts.

I'd like to especially thank UMP for being a good sport as usual. I saw this thread and couldn't pass it up! With that said, I have met Rick's daughter and she is a nice gal. Actually, I gave her directions to an ice cream shop if I am not mistaken. Moreover, while Rick has a nice X-1 (and I do like the colors) I am spoken for and, although Rick might not think so (as he commonly tells me), a little to old for his daughter.

Yes, I am one of the "old guys" around these parts. I am came on board with East Tx Skier and Andre, gosh, almost 7 years ago. It is a great forum with great people.

I should be home in a few weeks after yet another tour in the Mid-East. My family and I are ready to hit the water and we recently picked up a new ride (see photos in my photo book). Currently, things are slowing down due to my team changing out with our relief so I have some spare time to check in on my favorite website.
Thanks for the kind words Brian! You have certainly become a true friend! Our thoughts and prayers have been you throughout this tour and we continue to pray for your safe return home! As a said previously, I look forward to seeing you and hope to hoist a few :friday: before you move!

And OBTW................I never said you were OLD! When I first met you I said "I thought you would be older" It was a compliment..............;)

Have a GREAT DAY!!! :D

P.S. I'll get UMPS address...........I mean how many people actually live in the UP??? 10 maybe 12??? :confused:

RexDog1
04-22-2008, 11:29 AM

LOL LOL :D
That is all most as bad as “Daddy when the guys put the dollars in my G-string it tickles”
It will make football season fun…??!!!!:rolleyes: :rant:

04-22-2008, 11:55 AM
LOL LOL
That is all most as bad as “Daddy when the guys put the dollars in my G-string it tickles”
It will make football season fun…??!!!!

:popcorn:

SkiDog
04-22-2008, 01:19 PM
Brian, Its good to see you on here again! That damn UMP is steady causing trouble around here! I'm glad to hear that you got him in your crosshairs! Too bad that the big surprise thats been promised to us at Carolina Spring madness isn't a surprise visit by you! have a good one pal!

trickskier
04-22-2008, 01:38 PM
LOL LOL :D
It will make football season fun…??!!!!:rolleyes: :rant:
E-Z Rex..............8p

JoshBuzz
04-22-2008, 01:48 PM
UMP..............

Is that Sodar's wine on the table????

:D

RexDog1
04-22-2008, 02:43 PM
E-Z Rex..............8p

Trick :D
I am not talking about your Daughter saying it ……. I am making a collation on the bad things a daughter would say to her dad like “I’m going to be a Semmole”
I would never say that about your Daughter…….. Yes, UMP would, but me?? No….:(

peason
04-22-2008, 03:22 PM
Better yet in order to get into Florida - is your daughter an athlete?

A good friend of mine has a niece who will be on scholarship next year @ Florida - she is going to Florida over Stanford, Nebraska and other top volleyball schools. She is the vollleyball Gatorade player of the year. Of course he is pretty proud of his niece who he looks up to since she is 6'3" and he is only 5'9"!

http://playeroftheyear.gatorade.com/playeroftheyear/national.php?id=10174

Sodar
04-22-2008, 03:27 PM
Is that Sodar's wine on the table????

:D

Get back to day care, Juice Box!

trickskier
04-22-2008, 03:46 PM
Better yet in order to get into Florida - is your daughter an athlete?

A good friend of mine has a niece who will be on scholarship next year @ Florida - she is going to Florida over Stanford, Nebraska and other top volleyball schools. She is the vollleyball Gatorade player of the year. Of course he is pretty proud of his niece who he looks up to since she is 6'3" and he is only 5'9"!

http://playeroftheyear.gatorade.com/playeroftheyear/national.php?id=10174
Yes, she's been competitive diving all 4 years of High School.

TMCNo1
04-22-2008, 03:47 PM
A Duh Huh moment if I've ever seen one,

04-22-2008, 03:47 PM
Every moment I have is a Duh moment Harold. Whats new?

trickskier
04-22-2008, 03:48 PM
That was a great "breakfast" I had this morning.
Don't even go there chUMP or I'll take BriEOD up on his offer and you disappear like you were never born................:D

TMCNo1
04-22-2008, 03:49 PM
Every moment I have is a Duh moment Harold. Whats new?

Every time I see that pic, I laugh, we love ya UMP!

trickskier
04-22-2008, 03:50 PM
A Duh Huh moment if I've ever seen one,
He had a lot of those moments at MMIII.............8p
In fact, I was begining to believe it was his natural state of being............:rolleyes:

RexDog1
04-22-2008, 03:58 PM
Don't even go there chUMP or I'll take BriEOD up on his offer and you disappear like you were never born................:D

Hell My Dad and “his buddys”are in Chicago for the next 5 days, one phone call and Poof No More UMP:rolleyes: ....:rolleyes:

TMCNo1
04-22-2008, 04:13 PM
Shut up Tricky. and go make me a sammich. Make one for your daughter too, preferably peanut butter, since she really likes peanut butter. :cool:

I think this look is more fitting here lately!

04-22-2008, 04:46 PM
That's me.

trickskier
04-22-2008, 08:24 PM
Hell My Dad and “his buddys”are in Chicago for the next 5 days, one phone call and Poof No More UMP:rolleyes: ....:rolleyes:
Git-R-Done....................;)

atlfootr
04-23-2008, 08:25 AM
Daddy, I'm going to be a Seminole..................8p Fantastic!
Another SEMINOLE THREAD Ya gotta :love: her for that, it ya don't right now you will when the season starts up again this fall :D And GET ME THAT DAMN TICKET(S) YOU PROMISED ME ...

trickskier
04-23-2008, 08:27 AM
Ya gotta :love: her for that, it ya don't right now you will when the season starts up again this fall :D
And GET ME THAT DAMN TICKET(S) YOU PROMISED ME ...
Hey, I didn't get any for me either!

SkiDog
04-23-2008, 09:17 AM
Hey, I didn't get any for me either!
I'll take the two in the above post instead of ANY tickets!:D Tricky & UMP, ya'll gonna let your daughter/wife, dress like that when she gets to FSU?!;)

BriEOD
04-23-2008, 09:56 AM
I'll take the two in the above post instead of ANY tickets!:D Tricky & UMP, ya'll gonna let your daughter/wife, dress like that when she gets to FSU?!;)

Look who has the big spoon and stirring the proverbial pot!

How you doing Dog? I saw your previous post in the thread. Things are well, almost home to see a skinny blonde, in a black bikini, on a white and black MC. :cool:

SkiDog
04-23-2008, 10:08 AM
Look who has the big spoon and stirring the proverbial pot!

How you doing Dog? I saw your previous post in the thread. Things are well, almost home to see a skinny blonde, in a black bikini, on a white and black MC. :cool:
Whats up Bri!? Glad to hear from ya man!
Listen, if you can't mess with these 2 characters, then WHO can you mess with?! I'm just glad Tricky's a good sport, otherwise UMP would be all over MY daughter!

trickskier
04-23-2008, 10:28 AM
Whats up Bri!? Glad to hear from ya man!
Listen, if you can't mess with these 2 characters, then WHO can you mess with?! I'm just glad Tricky's a good sport, otherwise UMP would be all over MY daughter!
And it's a GOOD thing that my wife doesn't read TT because there would be no safe place on Earth for UMP!!!

SkiDog
04-23-2008, 10:31 AM
And it's a GOOD thing that my wife doesn't read TT because there would be no safe place on Earth for UMP!!!
Yea, thats probably a good thing too!

KnoxX2
04-23-2008, 05:05 PM
UMP you aint right!!!!!!

trickskier
04-23-2008, 05:17 PM
OH UMPEE dont think so!!!!!! Mrs. C and I have a great relationship! she is a superb lady. Tricky, I am afraid you need to accept reality on this. YOu wife thinks I am aces. she likes me.
If you really think that, I'll let her read what you've posted..............8p
Then you better buy yourself a plane ticket to Africa and become a branch manager............:D

Chief
04-23-2008, 07:27 PM
I think we are getting near a group hug. Remember last year?

04-23-2008, 07:29 PM
I think we are getting near a group hug. Remember last year?

We dont hug at the darkside. Right Ric?

Chief
04-23-2008, 07:36 PM
We dont hug at the darkside. Right Ric?

No hugs there. That reminds me I need to take a walk on the darkside.

trickskier
04-23-2008, 08:03 PM
No hugs there. That reminds me I need to take a walk on the darkside.
Might be the time................:rolleyes:

uawaterskier
04-23-2008, 08:13 PM
tricky the worst thing your daughter could have told you is that she isnt going...just be very proud of her, she sounds like she is VERY smart.

trickskier
04-23-2008, 08:18 PM
tricky the worst thing your daughter could have told you is that she isnt going...just be very proud of her, she sounds like she is VERY smart.
Thanks Justin,
Actually, after touring FSU I was extremely impressed. There was only one problem................
My feet felt like they were on FIRE!!! ;)

uawaterskier
04-23-2008, 08:20 PM
Thanks Justin,
Actually, after touring FSU I was extremely impressed. There was only one problem................
My feet felt like they were on FIRE!!! ;)
haha i got a good chukle out of that one...

Footin
04-23-2008, 09:14 PM
Best thing she could have said was "Dad, I'm going to be a Buckeye!"

trickskier
04-23-2008, 09:17 PM
Best thing she could have said was "Dad, I'm going to be a Buckeye!"

LOL................Why would she want to go a school that finished second to Florida twice in one year??? :rolleyes:

Footin
04-23-2008, 09:19 PM
Theres always next year.

OH.....IO.

Footin
04-23-2008, 09:20 PM
LOL................Why would she want to go a school that finished second to Florida twice in one year??? :rolleyes:

Did Florida play in the championship game this year?........I didn't think so.

trickskier
04-23-2008, 09:21 PM
Theres always next year.

OH.....IO.
FSU.............................OMG did I say that??? 8p

trickskier
04-23-2008, 09:22 PM
Did Florida play in the championship game this year?........I didn't think so.
Did Ohio State Win??? No they lost to ANOTHER SEC TEAM.............:D

Footin
04-23-2008, 09:23 PM
Yes they did, but they made it to the dance.

trickskier
04-23-2008, 09:25 PM
Yes they did, but they made it to the dance.
Yes, they did...............:D

BriEOD
04-24-2008, 07:14 AM
Yes, they did...............:D
You know Rick, not all us can play in the Big Nancy Conference. Some of us actually have to play in the south where real football is played.

I'm surprised Notre Dame has joined that conference! :D

6ballsisall
04-24-2008, 08:42 AM
You know Rick, not all us can play in the Big Nancy Conference. Some of us actually have to play in the south where real football is played.

:uglyhamme :uglyhamme :uglyhamme

trickskier
04-24-2008, 09:24 AM

They want to win at least 1 game next year, that's why.................8p

wakeX2wake
04-24-2008, 09:43 AM
notre dame in conference play... yea right they'd get drummed worse than they already do... i don't want to start on The Big "Misnomer" (10) or the ACC... i actually had a kid at a conference dinner try to make the argument that the Pac-10 was the best conference in football... which i and a former Va-Tech defensive end were quick to let him know that they were 3rd at best

trickskier
04-29-2012, 02:29 PM
Four years ago my daughter told me that she was going to attend Florida State University.

Yesterday she graduated Cum Laude from FSU. Lee Corso was there and gave a great motivational speech. Not sure he saw everyone cross the stage though --- :rolleyes:

Fast50dad
04-29-2012, 03:06 PM
Congrats! Good luck to her in the future.

LittleFuss
04-29-2012, 03:33 PM
awesome thread...Congrats

ski_king
04-29-2012, 05:05 PM
Congrats Rick!

I know you are proud of her!

ttu
04-29-2012, 05:15 PM
congrats trick! i know you are proud of her.:toast:

my son graduates from high school in a couple weeks and how time flies. he will be attending oklahoma state with dad's acceptance of course. maybe t. boone pickens will be at his graduation down the road~!

DemolitionMan
04-29-2012, 07:04 PM
Congrats Rick!!!

scott023
04-29-2012, 08:10 PM
Congrats Rick. You should be damn proud.

Chief
04-29-2012, 08:47 PM
Congrats Nicole! Florida missed out!

CantRepeat
04-29-2012, 08:58 PM
OMG, chief!!

How the heck are you? How's the retirement gig treating you? Where the hell have you been?

jdl xstar
04-30-2012, 04:04 PM
Congrats Rick. Thats got to be a proud moment.

I miss college.

Brian B
04-30-2012, 04:12 PM
Congrats!

wakeX2wake
04-30-2012, 04:14 PM
Congrats on the big day!!!

trickskier
04-30-2012, 04:42 PM
Thanks Everyone - It was truly an awesome day!!! :D

trickskier
04-30-2012, 04:43 PM
Congrats Nicole! Florida missed out!

Yes they did!!!

JohnE
04-30-2012, 06:39 PM
Congrats Rick. I can't believe it has been four years. Feels like yestday when you started this thread

trickskier
04-30-2012, 07:25 PM
Congrats Rick. I can't believe it has been four years. Feels like yesterday when you started this thread

Thanks John - I agree 4 years went bye quick!!!

On anothre note - Look forward to seeing you in June! Hope you're going to bring some peppers!!! :D

Rick