PDA

View Full Version : Coble Ski School is AWESOME!!!

jkski
04-20-2008, 06:33 PM
I just spent 2 great days at Coble Ski School in Lillington, NC, and all I can say is AWESOME. If you have ever thought about attending a ski school, I highly advise going to Coble, they are the nicest people you will ever meet and are fully committed to promoting the sport we all love. With coaching from April Coble Eller and Chris Eller, not to mention the rest of their great staff of instructors, you will feel at home from the minute you arrive.
I wish I had done this years ago but now that I have, I plan to make it at least an annual voyage!!!

chico
04-20-2008, 07:00 PM
What type of skiing lesson did you take?

jkski
04-20-2008, 07:05 PM
I went for help in the slalom course, however, they offer just about everything. While I was there, I watched as they taught people to ski for the first time as well as coach people who were just being introduced to the course. They are great coaches and can relate easily to skiers of all levels....it's amazing to see such an accomplished professional like April be so down to earth...like I said, they are just great people.
I got to sit in the boat while April ran a few sets...WOW.

D3skier
04-20-2008, 07:10 PM
glad to hear you had such a great time at Coble. I've skied there with April and Chris and absolutely LOVED IT!!! I haven't had the chance to go back but definitely love skiing with her and her staff. When I was there I set two new PB's while April was instructing. I came home with some major blisters but was worth every bit of the time I spent there.

jkski
04-20-2008, 07:12 PM
Also...Keep an eye out for the name Daniel Kennedy in the Pro Slalom Standings. Daniel is one of the instructors at Coble and another great skier who will be challenging the top pros this year.......all at the age of 23!!!
Daniel, like April and Chris, is a great a really good coach and knows his stuff!

jkski
04-20-2008, 07:15 PM
glad to hear you had such a great time at Coble. I've skied there with April and Chris and absolutely LOVED IT!!! I haven't had the chance to go back but definitely love skiing with her and her staff. When I was there I set two new PB's while April was instructing. I came home with some major blisters but was worth every bit of the time I spent there.

I didn't go to set any new PB's, I had a far greater challenge...break ALL of my bad habits so that I could get to the next level. I wanted to take a couple of steps back so that I could make great leaps forward this year and they certainly gave me the tips that I need to do just that. I will be going back down later this year after I have engrained my new habits.....that's when I'll set the new PB's!!!

D3skier
04-20-2008, 09:07 PM
I went for the same purpose as you... to break the bad habits but April started pushing my limits in the course and before you know it I'm running new speeds that I've never ran before....

Jesus_Freak
04-20-2008, 09:45 PM
Does anyone have any views on how this school compares to others in the SE for course skiing?

D3skier
04-20-2008, 10:14 PM
Does anyone have any views on how this school compares to others in the SE for course skiing?

I've actually have skied at Trophy Lakes in Charleston with Seth Stisher and would say these are all top notch ski schools. I'll be heading to Buoy Creek this summer as well once I get a bit more practice time in the course prior to going out for more lessons. Coble is more "family friendly" and set up with multiple lakes vs. Trophy having only two lakes.

TNH2oSkier
04-20-2008, 11:00 PM
I have skied at Trophy and Cobles, and Cobles seems to want to work with your skiing and fix problems rather then complety change what your doing. Hope that makes sense. At the end of the day I would say you couldnt go wrong at either, and I feel like I have always benifited from spending time at both places.

BTW I like charlston better for a family vacation, nice beach for the family, nice restaurants, condos or hotels and a world class place to ski, H20 osmosis cant be beat if you have to spend the time to please the entire family.