PDA

View Full Version : Quick Fly High Extended Pylon Question

defender1009
04-19-2008, 09:51 PM
Sorry for the dumb question---can't get to my boat for a couple days to measure my extended pylon, and I'm trying to buy a skylon rack for it.

I have a little older 2 piece black model, that slips over my factory pylon. All of the extended pylon racks come in 2.5" diameter and 3" diameter sizes.

Off the top of my head, since my regular pylon is 2.5", the extended pylon would have to be 3", correct, or am I not accounting for something simple?

vogelm1
04-19-2008, 10:14 PM
I'm almost certain your Fly High is 3"...it's definitely not 2.5" so you're probably safe assuming. Funny their website doesn't have those stats posted.

coz
04-19-2008, 11:55 PM
Sorry for the dumb question---can't get to my boat for a couple days to measure my extended pylon, and I'm trying to buy a skylon rack for it.

I have a little older 2 piece black model, that slips over my factory pylon. All of the extended pylon racks come in 2.5" diameter and 3" diameter sizes.

Off the top of my head, since my regular pylon is 2.5", the extended pylon would have to be 3", correct, or am I not accounting for something simple?

I have a 2 piece FH and just went out and measured mine, the first one that slips over the pylon is inside dimension 2.5 and outside dimension 2-3/4 then the long section is 2.5 outside dimension and slips into the lower one. So the top section where the rack goes is 2.5 on my fly high. :D

defender1009
04-20-2008, 12:18 PM
Well Shhhhhhoot.

Looks like I have a vote for each. I suppose I'll just have to wait until I can get to the boat and see what the tale of the tape is.

Thanks for your efforts guys.

lanier92prostar
04-20-2008, 01:46 PM
I have a 2 piece FH and just went out and measured mine, the first one that slips over the pylon is inside dimension 2.5 and outside dimension 2-3/4 then the long section is 2.5 outside dimension and slips into the lower one. So the top section where the rack goes is 2.5 on my fly high. :D

Mine is the same. I have the fly high board racks on it.

vogelm1
04-20-2008, 02:14 PM
Looks like coz has the exact measurements...I was going by eye so hopefully I didn't mess you up. Sorry -