PDA

View Full Version : Brought home the new boat last week

dapicatti
04-19-2008, 07:24 PM
We pulled the trigger on a new boat, had to drive down and pick it up because I didn't want to have anyone else do it, can't imagine someone else in control of my boat.

The dealer was kind enough to suggest shrink wrapping the boat, which made it so much easier for the 11 hour drive home.

dapicatti
04-19-2008, 07:28 PM
As we were coming into Oregon, a semi truck in front of us caught on fire.....2 rigs in front of us. It was a little scary....

dapicatti
04-19-2008, 07:36 PM
Stopped at Koppert lake for a look at a amateur wakeboarding event.....
got a few looks at our setup....

dapicatti
04-19-2008, 07:43 PM
Got it to Seattle, our sales guy was great to work with (thanks Darren!) and met us and helped get it all unwrapped..

Farmer Ted
04-19-2008, 07:55 PM
were the winds calm on your drive back?

dapicatti
04-19-2008, 07:58 PM
Got it all ready for the water test, .8 hours on it so far!!

dapicatti
04-19-2008, 08:00 PM
We had to leave it in Seattle for the heater and shower install, and upgrades to the stereo....hopefully we will pick it up next weekend.
We opted for 4 tower speakers and more subs.....we want the same setup we had in the X-2.

sand2snow22
04-19-2008, 08:01 PM
Nice, I like those rims!

dapicatti
were the winds calm on your drive back?

We were lucky because the wind's didn't pick up untill Sunday afternoon, long after we made it to Seattle. It would have been a bee-atch to pull that shrink wrapped boat in the wind.

coz
Got it all ready for the water test, .8 hours on it so far!!

Very nice boat! :D enjoy! we were just talking about black :rolleyes:

dapicatti
04-19-2008, 08:03 PM
Nice, I like those rims!

Yea- they are nice. Our friends who own a tire dealership of course now want us to get matching rims on our Avy...except its a company car and we probably can't do it! It'll look great with the Denali thought- all black boat and all black Denali...

dapicatti
04-19-2008, 08:08 PM
We wanted the PWT X star since last summer, just couldn't pull the trigger at the time. Our nephew got to be the rope boy for the PWT for a few hours last July, and was convinced that we had to buy that boat after riding with Travis Moye in it.

dapicatti
04-19-2008, 08:10 PM
Thanks to Aarne Clow, MC- he made it happen for our nephew at the Portland Pro Wakeboard Tour stop. He even gave him a MC shirt to wear, because being a 14 year old boy the only shirt he brought said "nuttier than a fruitcake" on it......Aarne couldn't let him represent MC with that shirt.

russlars
04-19-2008, 08:46 PM
Beautiful boat! Love those wheels also. What lake will you be using it on?

brucemac
04-19-2008, 09:27 PM
very nice! lucky duck!

dapicatti
04-19-2008, 09:27 PM
Beautiful boat! Love those wheels also. What lake will you be using it on?
We usually go to the Columbia River; either Vantage or the area below Chelan Falls by Lake Chelan. We will probably have it up at Chelan occasionally, just too hard to wakeboard there. We take ours out for late day cruises on Chelan.

LKNMC
04-19-2008, 09:31 PM
Congrats on the very nice ride

brucemac
04-19-2008, 09:38 PM
We usually go to the Columbia River; either Vantage or the area below Chelan Falls by Lake Chelan. We will probably have it up at Chelan occasionally, just too hard to wakeboard there. We take ours out for late day cruises on Chelan.

right on, you ever go to banks lake or lake roosevelt?

those are our favs.

we do sunbanks resort every forth of july week. it's a blast. they've got these awesome little villas there. anyway, congrats!

dapicatti
04-19-2008, 09:44 PM
We've been talking about putting together a Lake Roosevelt trip. I know there are several guys here who go there. It might be fun to try and do a small MC gathering there. I know someone tried to do this last year, we couldn't make it though.

brucemac
04-19-2008, 09:46 PM
yeah it's a haul, but that place is worth it. we houseboat there every year first weekend of august with my immediate family. like 15 of us.

it's a blast. incredible scenery too.

where are you at? i'm a wenatchee native, but we live in issaquah.

dapicatti
04-19-2008, 09:49 PM
I have always wanted to rent a houseboat there, it sounds like a great time.

sand2snow22
04-19-2008, 10:14 PM

My buddy has a cabin at Chelan, everytime we drive by your stretch of water its always glass with very few boats out. Lucky ba$tard....

dapicatti
04-19-2008, 10:48 PM
where are you at? i'm a wenatchee native, but we live in issaquah.

We live in Yakima, I grew up here but my wife is a Wenatchee native.....wierd!:D We lived in Bellevue before we moved to Yakima, don't miss the traffic at all.

dapicatti
04-19-2008, 10:50 PM
My buddy has a cabin at Chelan, everytime we drive by your stretch of water its always glass with very few boats out. Lucky ba$tard....

There are lots of wakeboats out there, but everyone is truly respectful. Very few wallies...lots of glass. There is a better spot up north, if you are ever up there we would love to meet up with you. I don't want to give it away because its great when you are the only boat on the river up there.........all day long.

sand2snow22
04-19-2008, 10:53 PM
There are lots of wakeboats out there, but everyone is truly respectful. Very few wallies...lots of glass. There is a better spot up north, if you are ever up there we would love to meet up with you. I don't want to give it away because its great when you are the only boat on the river up there.........all day long.

I will take you up on that! :D Not sure when I'll be back up there, but since my buddy married my sister-in-law, I'm sure it will be in the next year or two!

mcrider
04-19-2008, 11:03 PM
did you buy that from copes "at cost"

prostar205
04-19-2008, 11:44 PM
Very nice!!! What engine did you get in it? I got to see the new PTW X-stars last May when I visited the factory in TN. Those things are very cool.

Congrats!!!

We go to Chelan several times during the summer. We have family that have homes there. We just have a piece of dirt that hopefully someday will have a house on it. I would really like to check out where you ride on that glass water. As you know, Chelan is a total mess by 8am on any given weekend.

dapicatti
04-20-2008, 12:02 AM
Very nice!!! What engine did you get in it? I got to see the new PTW X-stars last May when I visited the factory in TN. Those things are very cool.

Congrats!!!

We go to Chelan several times during the summer. We have family that have homes there. We just have a piece of dirt that hopefully someday will have a house on it. I would really like to check out where you ride on that glass water. As you know, Chelan is a total mess by 8am on any given weekend.

We got the LY-6. Should be all we need.
We are usually at Chelan or nearby every other weekend. Let me know when you are going to be there, we would love to hook up and show a fellow MC'er our spot. Almost every time we have been there, it is glass all day. For as far as you can see. We let the Wallies have Chelan, you can't do anything on that lake anymore. Too crazy and too damn many jet skiers who just rented for the day and almost run you over.

kennbarbie
04-20-2008, 04:58 PM
Great looking boat, do you ever make it it to just north of you to Osoyoos BC?

dapicatti
04-20-2008, 05:21 PM
Great looking boat, do you ever make it it to just north of you to Osoyoos BC?
Never been up there..... I am not even sure how far it is. Might be a fun road trip though.

H20skeefreek
04-20-2008, 05:33 PM
Do the new full size towers not fold down? Seems like it would've been better to tow it that far with the tower down.

dapicatti
04-20-2008, 05:37 PM
They do, we just prefer not to fold them down if possible. Plus, it was already wrapped with it up when we got there. We basically stopped in, toured the pro shop hooked up the boat and left. Done deal.

prostar205
04-20-2008, 09:55 PM
Where did you end of getting the boat from? Copes in Nor Cal?

dapicatti
04-20-2008, 10:16 PM
Where did you end of getting the boat from? Copes in Nor Cal?
We bought the boat through Seattle Mastercraft.

D3skier
04-20-2008, 10:23 PM
gorgeous boat.... congrats!!!

mbtka
04-20-2008, 10:55 PM
Great looking boat.