PDA

View Full Version : Check your Risers !!

fintek9
04-18-2008, 12:30 AM
Go out and buy some gaskets and check your risers. If anything for a piece of mind, Look at all the corrosion I got out of mine, I would think it cut down my water flow by over 60% to 80%.....Think about it! And it's an "01"

BEFORE:.........................

fintek9
04-18-2008, 12:33 AM
AFTER!.....................look at all that came out!! Got another hand full out today!

Jerseydave
04-18-2008, 08:17 AM
Wow, is that all from freshwater use?

Hadley
04-18-2008, 09:58 AM
How many hours on the boat?

TX.X-30 fan
04-18-2008, 10:19 AM
The previous owner never flushed ehh? The saltwater I mean. :rolleyes:

fintek9
04-18-2008, 12:08 PM
It has the flush system and according to the prev owner (which I've talk to numerous times) said he did flush!? First 2 years in salt then put in fresh water inland only for the last of his ownership, I picked it up in "05". Under 800 hours on it and I've put over 300 of those.

Not on my watch no more will this stuff go down I'll tell you that!

Chief
04-18-2008, 12:13 PM
It has the flush system and according to the prev owner (which I've talk to numerous times) said he did flush!? First 2 years in salt then put in fresh water inland only for the last of his ownership, I picked it up in "05". Under 800 hours on it and I've put over 300 of those.

Not on my watch no more will this stuff go down I'll tell you that!

With that much material removal I would be concerned about the wall thickness of the jackets. May be best to replace them. I replaced the gaskets on my risers on my old prostar and I thought I would never get them to seal again because of the decks not being flat. I bought a belt sander and was able to get the decks with .005 to .010 so they would seal.

fintek9
04-18-2008, 12:36 PM
With that much material removal I would be concerned about the wall thickness of the jackets. May be best to replace them. I replaced the gaskets on my risers on my old prostar and I thought I would never get them to seal again because of the decks not being flat. I bought a belt sander and was able to get the decks with .005 to .010 so they would seal.The walls are good it was mostly just surface build up. I did the same thing you did on the seal surface for sealage. ( brothers table belt sander ) We'll see if the seal! they should, it looks pretty good in that area.