PDA

View Full Version : Back on the water tomorrow!!!

wakechic2786
04-17-2008, 10:19 PM
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who helped me with my oil pressure problem! Ended up being a stripped gear. Got a new one installed it today and changed the oil and filter and everything went smoothly! Here's a link to a video of the boat right after getting finished today!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8trz69UmjUE

Hammer
04-17-2008, 10:26 PM
Nice. I just love the sound of these boats. Glad it wasn't anything to major.

Monte
04-17-2008, 10:32 PM
Leah on as Monte...

Congrats!!! Glad it wasn't as major a problem as originally thought....I'm actually considering getting in the water tom......Maybe I should wait and see......

TMCNo1
04-18-2008, 04:57 AM
Great to hear!

trickskier
04-18-2008, 06:16 AM
Oh the SWEET RUMBLE of an AMERICAN V-8...............There is no SUBSTITUTE!!! :D

Glad to hear your boat is fixed...............:D

kev88
04-18-2008, 07:11 AM
Sweet music!

wakeX2wake
04-18-2008, 09:46 AM
great deal!!!... now sink that thing and go ride!!!... see parks quote on signature

wakechic2786
04-18-2008, 01:21 PM
Headed to the lake at about 3:45 today!!! Bert and Leah are supposed to be going too! Hope we aren't the only ones getting to enjoy this beautiful day on the water! Happy Boarding!

SkiDog
04-18-2008, 01:34 PM
Headed to the lake at about 3:45 today!!! Bert and Leah are supposed to be going too! Hope we aren't the only ones getting to enjoy this beautiful day on the water! Happy Boarding!
You trying to get all practiced up for the CSM weekend?:D Whats this I hear you're not coming in till Sat morning?!

Chas
04-18-2008, 08:23 PM
Headed to the lake ... today!!! Hope we aren't the only ones getting to enjoy this beautiful day on the water! Happy Boarding!
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r105/Chaswolf/IMG_0121.jpg
I was on the water today too! Wrong boat, as you can see, but we had great fun. Very few other boats on the lake, mostly fisherpersons, one wake surfer and one 'boarder.

This was my first day on the water since I blew out a disc in this very same boat last September.

Woo hoo!

Can't wait to get the MC finished up and on the water!!

Castaic Lake, CA. Friday, April 18th, 2008

wakechic2786
04-18-2008, 09:58 PM
Had a great day on the lake! I wakesurfed for the first time and got up on my first try! I'm hooked now. Still going to have to do some tweaking to the wake. Couldn't get to where I could let go of the rope. Bert and Leah and the kids came out later on in the afternoon and got some runs in. I didn't get any pics wakeboarding cause we forgot and left the camera in the truck. I'll post some pics later. This computer won't let me for some reason. But here's the link to a video of me crashing on the wakesurfer! My boyfriend pulled me all afternoon and got to laugh at me falling! The video is kinda blury cause it's was filmed on a camera and not a video recorder and plus Brandon was driving while videoing me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIdJHnGrQ7k

sand2snow22
04-19-2008, 12:27 AM
Being able to let go of the rope depends on wake size, speed, board you're riding and ability. How fast were you riding? Might help being a little closer to the boat with a wave that small:) Think of your left foot as the gas pedal and your right foot as the brake! You'll figure it out or someone at CSM will help you get dialed in.

CarlosCabanas
04-19-2008, 12:39 AM
looks to me like you were going way too fast!!

sand2snow22
04-19-2008, 12:41 AM
looks to me like you were going way too fast!!

That was my initial thought. Try 9-11 MPH....

sk8salomon
04-19-2008, 03:26 AM
yeah, same here, looks too fast. you shouldn't be able to cut back and forth that fast at the correct speed when you let go of the rope. 8~9 mph always worked pefect for us but that was a 80's S&S with tons of people weighted on one side. like sand2snow says, depends on what boat you are behind too.

brat
04-19-2008, 08:25 AM
Had a great day on the lake! I wakesurfed for the first time and got up on my first try! I'm hooked now. Still going to have to do some tweaking to the wake. Couldn't get to where I could let go of the rope. Bert and Leah and the kids came out later on in the afternoon and got some runs in. I didn't get any pics wakeboarding cause we forgot and left the camera in the truck. I'll post some pics later. This computer won't let me for some reason. But here's the link to a video of me crashing on the wakesurfer! My boyfriend pulled me all afternoon and got to laugh at me falling! The video is kinda blury cause it's was filmed on a camera and not a video recorder and plus Brandon was driving while videoing me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIdJHnGrQ7k

That vid says it's from Aug. 2007 ?????????????????????

fintek9
04-19-2008, 10:00 AM
Oh yea! That's what it sounds like, Been to long since I've turned the key. Soon........very soon:D

Good job WC.

TI Skiier
04-19-2008, 12:02 PM
I popped a video of last summer in a couple of days ago. Looking at the sunshine and listening to the roar of the MCX was just the best!

wakechic2786
04-19-2008, 04:32 PM
Thanks for the advice on the speed guys. I kinda thought that myself. That was a video of one of my first tries. I gradually shortened the rope up a few feet and it felt better. I had a 440lb sac beside the motor and 444lb sac in place of the rear seat with only one person in the boat.

wakechic2786
04-19-2008, 04:39 PM
Here's one of the pics I got but it was right after I stood up on the board.

trickskier
04-19-2008, 05:04 PM
Looking good Joy..............A word of advice..............DO NOT Loan that BOARD to jcrosby at CSM ......................:rolleyes:

wakechic2786
04-19-2008, 05:41 PM
Alright all you wakesurfers! Help me out with my wake! As you know I have a Sportstar open bow and I have 3 440lb sacs. What would be the best way to get a good wake for surfing. When I went yesterday, I had one beside the motor and one in place of the back seat. And everyone said that I was going to fast. I think we were going around 13mph. But when we slowed down it just felt like the wave wasn't as good. Any advice?

D3skier
04-19-2008, 05:48 PM
I'm still a newbie at wake surfing too but I'd almost be inclined to say more weight in the back?

CarlosCabanas
04-19-2008, 07:19 PM
Can you put the third sac in the back?? Invite more people... best ballast you can have!! Easier to move around.

Carlos

TMCNo1
04-19-2008, 08:16 PM
We went to the lake this morning at 6:30am, called Monte and got him woke up @ 8:00am and called him on the way home @ 9:00. Got the old girl in the water, did some fine tuning, ran her hard for a hour and had to be home and have her resting in the garage when the grandbaby got here @ 11:00 am! What a beautiful morning and we found a newly installed 3rd slalom course on the lake.

russlars
04-19-2008, 08:20 PM
Alright all you wakesurfers! Help me out with my wake! As you know I have a Sportstar open bow and I have 3 440lb sacs. What would be the best way to get a good wake for surfing. When I went yesterday, I had one beside the motor and one in place of the back seat. And everyone said that I was going to fast. I think we were going around 13mph. But when we slowed down it just felt like the wave wasn't as good. Any advice?
I am no expert at wakesurfing, but in my limited experience we got our best wake size at 8-10 mph.