PDA

View Full Version : Help finding a bracket...

justinglow
04-16-2008, 08:20 PM
I need help on where to find a bracket for this MC volt gauge. I need the one that mounts the gauge to the back of the panel. Any help on where to find one would be great!

justinglow
04-16-2008, 08:24 PM
Back side of it.

WTRSK1R
04-16-2008, 09:18 PM
I would either try an auto parts store, or just make one. It is nothing more then a U shaped piece of metal with 2 holes drilled in it where the mounting screws go through. The only challenging part might be insulating the point where the screw go through, but you could do something simple like put a short piece of straw on each screw where they go through, and then put an O-ring on so that the nut that tightens down on the U shaped bracket does not short against the metal bracket. I think it would be really simple. On the other hand, its a standard gauge mount, so you could buy another 2 inch gauge and take the mount off it.

JimN
04-16-2008, 09:31 PM
Call the local boat dealers and service shops. I would be very surprised of they don't have a box of old gauges and parts for them. Tell them what you have and tehy should know what you need. Otherwise, go to a hardware store and buy a short strip of aluminum. Mark where the holes needs to be, drill them and basically copy a bracket from another gauge.

justinglow
04-16-2008, 10:05 PM
Call the local boat dealers and service shops. I would be very surprised of they don't have a box of old gauges and parts for them. Tell them what you have and tehy should know what you need. Otherwise, go to a hardware store and buy a short strip of aluminum. Mark where the holes needs to be, drill them and basically copy a bracket from another gauge.

Jim @BAWS, MYMC, if any of you read this and have bracket please let me know.

TMCNo1
04-16-2008, 10:10 PM
33750 3/4" wide x .040 aluminum or S/S and you've got it, trim leg lengths as needed

justinglow
04-16-2008, 10:20 PM
Harold where might I start looking for a piece of aluminum like that at? True Value or Ace? Maybe the Depot or Lowe's? Never looked for anything like that before.

TMCNo1
04-16-2008, 10:29 PM
Harold where might I start looking for a piece of aluminum like that at? True Value or Ace? Maybe the Depot or Lowe's? Never looked for anything like that before.

Yes, usually in 1/4" widths about 3' long @ most any hardware store. Most all those brackets are aluminum and can be bent with a big pair of needlenose pliers and cut off with a pair of sheers or hacksaw. Don't forget to get a nut and lockwasher for the stud on the gauge.