PDA

View Full Version : Joined the ranks of the unemployed yesterday...

pilot02
04-16-2008, 08:46 AM
Currently seeking employment in Atlanta and surrounding areas so if ya'll have any contacts/advice send em'... Background is retail/food service management and most recently HR consulting.

Can't go unemployed too long.. I NEED boat gas...

Thanks!

H20skeefreek
04-16-2008, 08:50 AM
Currently seeking employment in Atlanta and surrounding areas so if ya'll have any contacts/advice send em'... Background is retail/food service management and most recently HR consulting.

Can't go unemployed too long.. I NEED boat gas...

Thanks!
How far are you from Smyrna, Ga. I might know of something in retail that would help you get buy for a little while, and maybe turn into something decent. The discount on boating related items would help too ;)

mitch
04-16-2008, 08:55 AM
Hi Griff, Good luck! Hope you find something quick!

pilot02
04-16-2008, 12:37 PM
I might be interested... Plan to contact the dealers in the area in the next couple days.. enjoying the day off and working on the prostar190 I'm working on for a friend. Need to get it ready for some "lake trials" this weekend ;-)

Gonzo
04-16-2008, 12:58 PM
I have a friend thats a VP for an HR Consulting firm out of FL. They do hands on training etc... I sent him an email with a link here asking if they were in ATL and hiring.

kjohnson
04-16-2008, 01:11 PM
Good luck man. It happened to me before and it sucked. I now work for the government - a little more stable.

pilot02
04-16-2008, 01:32 PM
Good luck man. It happened to me before and it sucked. I now work for the government - a little more stable.

I DID work for the govt.. lol
I answered some questions honestly (and bluntly) in a closed training session regarding compensation practices in state govt vs. the private sector and essentially got silenced.. the laugh for me will come in the next election when the people that silenced me are no longer around... and that's not too far around the corner.

All's good though, I'm getting to relax for a change!

pilot02
04-16-2008, 01:34 PM
I have a friend thats a VP for an HR Consulting firm out of FL. They do hands on training etc... I sent him an email with a link here asking if they were in ATL and hiring.

Thanks Gonzo!

Willski
04-16-2008, 07:06 PM
Good luck.

Lennyp04
04-16-2008, 10:18 PM
Sorry to hear this. You could get a job at Burger king like me!

gigem75
04-16-2008, 11:08 PM
HR consulting huh, as in cut their benefits, slash wages, and have more for managements bonuses. Sorry, but that's what HR is all about these days. I forgot, raise the cost of what benefits the company does provide. Nothing against you, I've worked in the HR division where I'm at for the last 28 years. Not necessarily in the disiplinary review part or the benefits admin but close enough to know what's going on. On the flipside HR personnel are the first to go when downsizing.

pilot02
04-18-2008, 11:26 AM
HR consulting huh, as in cut their benefits, slash wages, and have more for managements bonuses. Sorry, but that's what HR is all about these days. I forgot, raise the cost of what benefits the company does provide. Nothing against you, I've worked in the HR division where I'm at for the last 28 years. Not necessarily in the disiplinary review part or the benefits admin but close enough to know what's going on. On the flipside HR personnel are the first to go when downsizing.

They go faster when they speak up, believe me.... 8p 8p 8p

TMCNo1
04-18-2008, 12:17 PM
Sorry to hear this. You could get a job at Burger king like me!

I truely dislike the King mascot and I hope your not the one dressed up in the costume, cause I'm gonna beat the h-ll out of him if I ever see him in person!:rolleyes:

wakeX2wake
04-18-2008, 12:21 PM
I truely dislike the King mascot and I hope your not the one dressed up in the costume, cause I'm gonna beat the h-ll out of him if I ever see him in person!:rolleyes:

you're right... very creepy

Willski
04-18-2008, 12:59 PM
Yep. Freaks me out too. Like a big scary clown.

ORX-1
04-18-2008, 01:10 PM
Hey lenny is this you in the outfit?

TMCNo1
04-18-2008, 01:29 PM
The Burger King is so ---, well, they need to call him the Queen!