PDA

View Full Version : China: Look at my Avatar

Chief
04-15-2008, 10:36 PM
Looks like the Chinese got their feelings hurt.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080415/ap_on_re_as/china_cnn

We should all stop buying crap from those thugs and goons.

Way I see it is: I don't mind buying imported items as long as that country will stand beside me in war, and have equal trade.

UP YOURS CHINA

TheOneandOnly
04-15-2008, 10:46 PM
Now youd make a good President :)

TX.X-30 fan
04-15-2008, 11:26 PM
Screw them, let those sawed of turds repay 30+ years of copyright infringements!! Just for starters!

TMCNo1
04-15-2008, 11:27 PM
I agree with jcrosby 150, they can KMA!

Jorski
04-16-2008, 12:51 AM
Nothing like some good old protectionist rhetoric... they have prevented run away inflation in your economy. Be careful what you wish for !!!

Chief
04-16-2008, 06:16 AM
Nothing like some good old protectionist rhetoric... they have prevented run away inflation in your economy. Be careful what you wish for !!!

Just like the Arabs have prevented runaway gas prices in my country. Just not buying it.

Jorski
04-16-2008, 09:15 AM
Just like the Arabs have prevented runaway gas prices in my country. Just not buying it.

1) that response may as well say, " just not understanding it"
2) if the US stops buying from China, prices in the US will rise. There is simply no economic debate on this point.
3) if the "Arabs" stopped selling you oil, believe me, your gasoline prices would rise even more SUBSTANTIALLY. They are a net producer of oil (adding to supply) while the U.S. is a net consumer of oil (reducing supply)

To clarify,you have "run away gas prices" in your country for three reasons:

First, your dollar is (correctly) falling against every major currency in the world. The lower your dollar goes, the higher the price of gas goes.

Secondly, you have the highest per capita oil usage in the world while being a net importer of oil.

Finally, oil is scarce, and global demand is outstripping global supply. Expect much higher prices in the future !!!

wakeX2wake
04-16-2008, 11:25 AM
they can shove it!!!... ok you got called out like a bia... people tend to get their feelings hurt over the truth versus other things that could really matter... i think it sucks that 98% has to be so politically correct so the other 2% doesn't get their feelings hurt... i come from French decent and i'll even tell you they're a bunch of beeches... who cares i was born here and so were my folks and their folks... get over it... if you love your "home" country then GO BACK and live under the commie regim and keep your mouth shut here!!!

Chief
04-16-2008, 11:26 AM
1) that response may as well say, " just not understanding it"
2) if the US stops buying from China, prices in the US will rise. There is simply no economic debate on this point.
3) if the "Arabs" stopped selling you oil, believe me, your gasoline prices would rise even more SUBSTANTIALLY. They are a net producer of oil (adding to supply) while the U.S. is a net consumer of oil (reducing supply)

To clarify,you have "run away gas prices" in your country for three reasons:

First, your dollar is (correctly) falling against every major currency in the world. The lower your dollar goes, the higher the price of gas goes.

Secondly, you have the highest per capita oil usage in the world while being a net importer of oil.

Finally, oil is scarce, and global demand is outstripping global supply. Expect much higher prices in the future !!!

If we stop buying from China then we will slow their growth. They have surpassed us Americans in demand for global resources. So what if we have to pay more for crap we really don't need anyway.

If the Arabs stop selling us oil then we will just pull our troops and let whoever run them over. Screw Chavez too. If we have to pay more then that's what we have to do to stop whoring ourselves to the Arabs and Chinese then so be it. Maybe our kids will have something for their kids.

We as America can isolate ourselves (not a good idea though) and live in peace. If someone hit's us then we hit back ten times harder! We have ability to set countries ten years back if we have to(without Nukes).

But when push comes to shove who want's America, everyone that's being shoved around. If not for this country you would be speaking German, if not for this country in the future we may all be speaking Chinese.

But as Tony Blair said: "You can judge how great a country is by how many people that are trying to get in".

So when the Canadians need our help I'm sure we will be there for ya. Maybe Canada could call China since it would appear that the Canadians are on their junk.

Jorski
04-16-2008, 11:52 AM
So when the Canadians need our help I'm sure we will be there for ya. Maybe Canada could call China since it would appear that the Canadians are on their junk.

And when the U.S. needs our oil...we will be there for you too !

Chief
04-16-2008, 12:10 PM
And when the U.S. needs our oil...we will be there for you too !

We will just agree to disagree.

atlfootr
04-17-2008, 08:32 PM
If we stop buying from China, then we will slow their growth. As if that'll EVER HAPPEN :rolleyes:

Chief
04-17-2008, 08:41 PM
As if that'll EVER HAPPEN :rolleyes:

I'm trying to do my part. If it's made in China I put it down. Not to say that my home is not full of Chinese things already, I'm just trying not to add anymore crap.

But then again, every damn thing is made in China. Even my dog's food. DAMN!

Jorski
04-18-2008, 11:59 AM
If we stop buying from China, then we will slow their growth.

You would also slow U.S. growth by doing that.

Chief
04-18-2008, 12:08 PM

It isn't the Chinese crap that slowing our growth.

By the way what you got against the USA? Being that you are the only one who seems to love the Chinese so much. Is it a French thing?

wakeX2wake
04-18-2008, 12:10 PM

slower but stronger growth

TX.X-30 fan
04-18-2008, 02:48 PM
Canada would be a really cool place if it weren't for the Canadians. :D

Jorski
04-21-2008, 02:09 PM
By the way what you got against the USA? Being that you are the only one who seems to love the Chinese so much. Is it a French thing?

I have nothing against the USA...In fact I am very fond of your country. I also, have no particular love nor hatred for the Chinese, or anybody else for that matter. Just pointing out the economic reality of protectionist sentiment.

For the record, I am not French Canadian.

Trent 197
04-21-2008, 10:27 PM
Look it's a global economy. If the USA cannot compete, then they need to cease supporting communist institutions like minimum wage and welfare, and let businessmen pay their employees what they are really worth.