PDA

View Full Version : 1998 Prostar 190 Hull inserts

rexrxporsche
04-15-2008, 08:12 PM
I was told that for my 1998 Prostar 190 that they made hull inserts that were used to stabilize the boat during sharp turns> Does anyone have a set for sale or do you know where I can get them? Email back rexrxporsche@bellsouth.net

TMCNo1
04-15-2008, 08:18 PM
I always understood the rails were to reduce spray @ shortline slalom!

JLeuck64
04-16-2008, 09:28 PM
I always understood the rails were to reduce spray @ shortline slalom!

Hey TMCNo1, I was just sitting here enjoying my favorite beverage and realized somthin...

Your avatar is a DUMMY! HA
Just kidding, I really like his jokes.

Back to subject, I have those rails you are talking about added to my 98. They were added after the boat hull was produced, so I would assume there was something that needed correction and those rails helped. There are probably numerous posts on the 98 PS 190 hull that reference the reason why they were added...

Try calling your dealer if you think you need them. Or Jim@BAWS, or MYMC. Those guys have been around for long enough to help you out.

But under no circumstances should you call WALTER @JAWS!!!

Lennyp04
04-16-2008, 09:33 PM
Dont be hating Jeffafa Dunhammm....the other white meat.

Or......driving a blue friggin prius

ever heard that thing when it goes by?

mmmmmmmmgay

and when it revs...
homohomohomo

Jim@BAWS
04-16-2008, 09:38 PM
I do have a source for the rails.

The rails design was to add wetted surface area to the stern on the boat. The rails along with a different rudder made the hull perform differently and added a slight amount of lift to the stern. That hull w/o the rails was very very tough to powerturn. Not that a hull needs to be able to do that, but none the less made it tough. Originally that hull in 1998 came out with 3 tracking fins and then a fourth was added during a production change. That hull performed alot better with those changes. a) Hydrorails as they are called b) Foiled rudder c) 4th tracking fin.

If you need the rails...they are not cheap $650 approx + shipping I can get you a set.

Jim@BAWS

PS I am at the Sarasota boat show this weekend and may not be able to respond to your request

PSS Jleuck as always thanks for the referral

TMCNo1
04-16-2008, 09:46 PM
Hey TMCNo1, I was just sitting here enjoying my favorite beverage and realized somthin...

Your avatar is a DUMMY! HA
Just kidding, I really like his jokes.

Back to subject, I have those rails you are talking about added to my 98. They were added after the boat hull was produced, so I would assume there was something that needed correction and those rails helped. There are probably numerous posts on the 98 PS 190 hull that reference the reason why they were added...

Try calling your dealer if you think you need them. Or Jim@BAWS, or MYMC. Those guys have been around for long enough to help you out.

But under no circumstances should you call WALTER @JAWS!!!

:uglyhamme Nope, don't call Walter, cause he is funny!