PDA

View Full Version : Tower Troubles

RiverMC197
04-14-2008, 10:35 PM
Hey all, this is my first post, thanks for all the good info here. I have an 02 Tournament Team 197 with a zero-flex-flyer tower that wobbles side to side like crazy. I had a similar tower on a 209 (that I sold to get this TT with the LQ9) and it was very sturdy with 2 speakers and racks on each side. I have 4 speakers and board racks on one side on my 197, and I am getting spider cracks. When I go over chop, the tower wobbles side to side and it looks like the whole deck is twisting and flexing. Is there any way to fix this? What other damage do I need to watch out for? Thanks!

erkoehler
04-14-2008, 10:39 PM
Are the tower mounts tight? Are the backing plates in place under the deck?

RiverMC197
04-14-2008, 11:06 PM
Mounts are tight, not sure about the backing plates. Would those have maybe not been installed? The boat is two hours away from me so I won't be able to check for the plates til this weekend.

erkoehler
04-14-2008, 11:08 PM
Hey all, this is my first post, thanks for all the good info here. I have an 02 Tournament Team 197 with a zero-flex-flyer tower that wobbles side to side like crazy. I had a similar tower on a 209 (that I sold to get this TT with the LQ9) and it was very sturdy with 2 speakers and racks on each side. I have 4 speakers and board racks on one side on my 197, and I am getting spider cracks. When I go over chop, the tower wobbles side to side and it looks like the whole deck is twisting and flexing. Is there any way to fix this? What other damage do I need to watch out for? Thanks!

Where are you in the MidWest?

RiverMC197
04-14-2008, 11:13 PM
Saint Paul, boat is is La Crosse

RiverMC197
04-21-2008, 03:31 PM
Are the tower mounts tight? Are the backing plates in place under the deck?

I believe the backing plates are in. There is a rectangular potrusion under the deck where the tower is screwed in. It is built into the fiberglass. Is this a backing plate? Any more suggestions to fix the shaky tower?