PDA

View Full Version : upgrading PS209 to x-9 specs

washmaster
04-14-2008, 07:54 PM
Considering purchasing a used 2002 PS 209. this boat has a tower, racks, etc., but no cruise or balast. I believe I could easily install Perfect Pass, (is there a factory paddle wheel in place.) but what is all involved in adding the x-9's front and rear bags? Are there already dash switches in place? Wiring in place? Where is the water picked up, pumped out etc. Is any of this in place on a 209? How much drilling and plumbing might be involved. I am wondering if it is worth the trouble or if i should keep looking for an x-9.

SteveO
04-15-2008, 10:17 AM
Wash,

The following gives some great information on a very nice 209 ballast install by DanC. Hope it helps. I had something very similar done on my 209.

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=1933&page=2&pp=10&highlight=simer

peason
04-15-2008, 12:22 PM
I would think that it would not be a lot of difficulty to upgrade this to an X-9. My boat is in storage right now, but I believe it does not have the switches for the ballast tanks. The switches for the ballast go next to the throttle - you should be able to get these or similar ones from you MC dealer.
We currently just use a 700 lb. fatsac in the back of the boat and raise the back seat when our kids want some extra wake. Other wise we just do with out - for our level of wakeboarding the normal wake at 18-22mph is just fine.
I would like to get another sac for the front locker, but don't think we will use it a lot- so I don't anticipate plumbing it in and adding a pump.