PDA

View Full Version : bimini size and height for maristar 225vrs

nashvillematt
04-14-2008, 06:21 PM
i am looking to get a bimini for the boat this year and can notmake up my mind. I think that i am going to use overtons (opinions welcome) and go with the sunbrella fabric, the stainless poles, and the 8 foot length...i just want a 2nd opinion before dropping a grand on this.
MS

dpolen
04-14-2008, 08:49 PM
The bimini top has been my best purchase ever for the boat. We use ours all the time.

I have a '98 Maristar 225, next generation from yours. I attached mine to the windshield. For mine, I used the Sunbrella, 3 bow top, 6' long, 79-84" width, 30-36" high. I also bought the support poles. Total cost was $325 including shipping. I did not go the stainless route. Send me a PM if you want some pictures.

coz
04-14-2008, 09:21 PM
i am looking to get a bimini for the boat this year and can notmake up my mind. I think that i am going to use overtons (opinions welcome) and go with the sunbrella fabric, the stainless poles, and the 8 foot length...i just want a 2nd opinion before dropping a grand on this.
MS

In my part of the world you can't go out in the summer without your bimini otherwise you'll fry :confused: 8 foot is going to give you alot of coverage. Here's a 6 foot on a 205 if you need a pic reference.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2047/2410941867_4bfddcb47e_b.jpg
Click the pic for a larger size