PDA

View Full Version : Gelcoat Repair

jeverett
04-14-2008, 01:12 PM
I am going to start a rather substantial repair on the Dash of my '94 PS 190. Does anyone know how I can get a hold of some original
Black gelcoat for that year or am I just going to have to do an eye line repair and hope I can match the gelcoat as best as possible. Any suggestions?

TMCNo1
04-14-2008, 01:18 PM
These are the people you may want to contact, http://www.spectrumcolor.com/default_main.asp. Regardless there will probably be some fading that has taken place and a color adjustment may still have to be made. Just discuss it with them and they may be able to also supply you with some tinting ideas/products.

pilot02
04-14-2008, 01:54 PM
Black will be difficult regardless but I'm betting black is like they used to do on cars where there was only one black.. in that case it was called oem black. There's some good info on the tap plastics site and some others on tinting. Spectrum has some info as well.. Search the net and they should come up.. uscomposites, tap plastics and spectrum are the three that pop up in my mind.

erkoehler
04-14-2008, 01:56 PM
You can still get the "matching" color, but to blend it with the color that is probably faded on your boat is going to be tough.

jeverett
04-14-2008, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Luckly the crack is from someone over thightening the seat back on the bow access hinge so the crack is just on the virticle part of the dash so I think I can just do an eyeline fade and that should do. I will look up Spectrum and TAP. Once again TT comes through. If MC decides to get rid of this site I think there would be a lot of unhappy owners!