PDA

View Full Version : Zero Flex Towers - Help!

BA2397
04-13-2008, 06:00 PM
We just got our 2004 X7 home and can't figure out how to get the tower folded. :confused: It appears the bolts are bent and the we can't find a tool for the hex bolt on the half fold.

Where can we find instructions for this tower? How can we order replacement bolts? Any an all advice regarding the use of the zero flex tower would be appreciated

ShamrockIV
04-13-2008, 07:17 PM
pics???????

Chief
04-13-2008, 08:40 PM
We just got our 2004 X7 home and can't figure out how to get the tower folded. :confused: It appears the bolts are bent and the we can't find a tool for the hex bolt on the half fold.

Where can we find instructions for this tower? How can we order replacement bolts? Any an all advice regarding the use of the zero flex tower would be appreciated

Contact Wayne at new dimensions towers. He may be able to help you out.

http://www.newdimensiontowers.com/home.html

Farmer Ted
04-13-2008, 09:57 PM

Do you have a standard or mini tower?

There should be a black knob on on each of the aft legs of your tower

unscrew those and with the help of another person fold the tower forward

don't forget to fold the small leg (part with the knob) forward before you put the boat in the garage

tex
04-13-2008, 10:36 PM
Do you have a standard or mini tower?

There should be a black knob on on each of the aft legs of your tower

unscrew those and with the help of another person fold the tower forward

don't forget to fold the small leg (part with the knob) forward before you put the boat in the garage
What he said...you can do it by yourself! Pull the knobs and fold forward!

hydro-therapy
04-14-2008, 11:41 AM
Just brought home the new to us 03 PS 197 w/ zero flex tower. Stared at if for twenty min trying to figure out which bolts to remove.... any reason there are some bolts and some knobs instead of all one or the other? :confused:

P-hat_in_Cincy
04-14-2008, 12:06 PM
If they are the same, it should collapse like this...

hydro-therapy
04-14-2008, 12:51 PM
how many bolts did you remove?

hos505
04-14-2008, 12:58 PM
You shouldn't have to remove any bolts. Remove the black screw in knob at the bottom of the rear tower leg on both sides and the black screw in knob at the mid joint in the rear tower leg. There should be a bolt beside the midleg knob but it does not need to be removed for the tower to fold forward.

P-hat_in_Cincy
04-14-2008, 01:01 PM
You shouldn't have to remove any bolts. Remove the black screw in knob at the bottom of the rear tower leg on both sides and the black screw in knob at the mid joint in the rear tower leg. There should be a bolt beside the midleg knob but it does not need to be removed for the tower to fold forward.

Correct, remove the 2 lower black knobs and 2 mid-leg black knobs. However, mid-leg bolts need to be loosened (Allen wrench) to get the legs to collapse.

hydro-therapy
04-14-2008, 04:34 PM
That makes scense, I was thrown off because someone had replaced one of the knobs with a bolt. Thanks for the reply!

BA2397
04-14-2008, 07:40 PM
Thanks for all this great advice. It looks like I need to replace the 2 black knobs. Any advice where I can purchase these knobs?

Diesel
04-15-2008, 10:07 AM
Thanks for all this great advice. It looks like I need to replace the 2 black knobs. Any advice where I can purchase these knobs?

www.mymastercraft.com