PDA

View Full Version : MCX check engine warning

tr6coug
04-13-2008, 03:42 PM
Just de-winterized yesterday and I'm getting a check engine warning on my '07 MCX. Check engine shows up on the display below the RPM gauge, so there is no red light on the dash. Does anyone know how to get a error code out of the system on this style?

If I had put the knock sensors back in too tight would that cause this?

mbtka
04-13-2008, 04:08 PM
did you plug the sensor back in?

tr6coug
04-13-2008, 04:22 PM
Yes, thanks. Checked all electrical connections.

snork
04-13-2008, 06:06 PM
Change the engine oil before winterizing?

tr6coug
04-13-2008, 06:43 PM
Yes, and transmission...

Jim@BAWS
04-13-2008, 07:07 PM
It is possible that a LOW voltage code came up since you have not
run the boat in a while. The way to clear that code w/o going to the dealer is, 3 TOTAL warm up and cool down cycles on your motor.
Ensure that your cables are tight on your battery. Start the motor with a water supply if you are still on the trailer, do a temp run up to
160 DEG then let it cool down 3 times. That should clear that low voltage fault code. Please report back if that works. I have always cleared that code w/ a TECH one. That is susposed to be a work around.

Jim@BAWS

Engine Nut
04-13-2008, 07:44 PM
run the boat in a while. The way to clear that code w/o going to the dealer is, 3 TOTAL warm up and cool down cycles on your motor.
Ensure that your cables are tight on your battery. Start the motor with a water supply if you are still on the trailer, do a temp run up to
160 DEG then let it cool down 3 times. That should clear that low voltage fault code. Please report back if that works. I have always cleared that code w/ a TECH one. That is susposed to be a work around.

Jim@BAWS

I agree with Jim. It is probably a low voltage code. One warm up cycle is when the engine temp starts below 100 degrees and warms up to over 140. If that is the problem, the indicator should go off after 3 cycles. You could also have your dealer erase the code.

snork
04-13-2008, 09:24 PM
Make sure you add oil into filter prior to installing on engine

tr6coug
04-13-2008, 09:37 PM
I agree with Jim. It is probably a low voltage code. One warm up cycle is when the engine temp starts below 100 degrees and warms up to over 140. If that is the problem, the indicator should go off after 3 cycles. You could also have your dealer erase the code.

Jim and E.N.,

Cool! Thanks for the suggestion. I will report back when I have done 3 cycles. :)

TMCNo1
04-13-2008, 09:41 PM
Make sure you add oil into filter prior to installing on engine

Be careful making that recommendation! Not me, but some numbnutz on here will try that on a lawnmower or something simular!

tr6coug
04-14-2008, 12:56 AM

Jim@BAWS

Jim and E.N., you guys ROCK. The 3 warm-up cycles solved it. I'm putting this one in the memory banks for next year. Thanks!!! :D

Will it give the low-voltage check engine every time the battery is disconnected?

snork
04-14-2008, 09:29 AM
If you do not add oil to filter prior to installing to engine block you will get a check eng. warning because the master mod. will think there is a low oil pressure at start up

Jet
05-20-2012, 03:03 PM
I am having this issue right now. It is Sunday, beautiful day, very hot. I am testing the solution. Will give my feedback after.

Thanks guys.

Jet
05-20-2012, 03:36 PM
If anyone is out there, any trick you know to cool Off the engine ? How much time should you normally wait for between the 3 warm ups ?

Jet
05-20-2012, 05:46 PM
Ok, did a reset on the battery and it eliminated the beeping sound, but the check engine message stayed on and off.