PDA

View Full Version : Anyone like the CSX?

edeckerpc
04-12-2008, 03:02 PM
My wife and I like the X2, have decided on a color scheme, options, etc. Just haven't pulled the trigger yet. All we need to do is show up at a MC dealer and do it.

So here's my issue. Today I stopped by the MC dealer and took a CSX220 out for a test ride while the wife is out of town. We had checked them out online, but never in person.

I really liked the CSX. It had more seating room than I thougth it would (albeit lower to the floor), it handled well in the wind and chop, and the wake was great. It is definitely different to drive, but was a lot of fun. I haven't found many threads on it - just one warning about the exhaust gassing back passengers out. Was windy today, but didn't notice that the exhaust was overwhelming.

Are there any CSX owners out here? How do you like your boat? I can tell already this boat would gather a lot of attention - good and bad.

Waketn
04-12-2008, 03:14 PM
I have sent some time in the boat and think it is great. I boarded behind it last summer, the wake is up there with X-Star. It is great all around boat. I live on a river/lake with a lot big boat and some commercial traffic, CSX handles it like a champ. EDECKERPC where you located?

jaysus
04-12-2008, 03:19 PM
Thumbs up on the CSX here. Had it in salt, fresh, most fun I've had on a boat in all conditions. Super wake and if you put the CSX and X2 next to each other, the look at them from the front you will see the difference. Good luck. Either boat is a great choice.

edeckerpc
04-12-2008, 03:21 PM
Waketn, I'm in GA near Lake Lanier.

duckguy
04-12-2008, 03:23 PM
Never been in one but I think they are neat.

Jim@BAWS
04-12-2008, 03:27 PM
http://www.bayareawatersports.com/searchengine/Details.aspx?diid=1023615&bvdid=3121&type=N&indid=1&cid=2046&site_type=template&sortCol=Length&sortDir=DESC&page=1&

GREAT BOAT 1 LEFTOVER 2007 COME AND GET IT !!!

Jim@BAWS

lanier92prostar
04-12-2008, 06:29 PM
Waketn, I'm in GA near Lake Lanier.
I would go with the CSX on Lanier if you plan on going on the weekends:D :D

ShamrockIV
04-12-2008, 07:48 PM
not my cup of tea.

barefoot
04-12-2008, 08:03 PM
^^^ I echo what shamrock said ^^^

edeckerpc
Lanier Prostar - no doubt that Lanier on the weekends is rough. Last time I was in a ski boat on Lanier (Ski Supreme) my kidneys weren't right for a month. Having house boats with more sq footage than my home and steam ships that rival gambling river boats, it's no wonder. CSX seemed to do good job with it. Only thing I noticed was a fair amount of flex in the tower. I've seen threads re: braces you can get from the dealer to resolve. Might have to look into it if I move forward with the CSX.

edeckerpc
Lanier Prostar - no doubt that Lanier on the weekends is rough. Last time I was in a ski boat on Lanier (Ski Supreme) my kidneys weren't right for a month. Having house boats with more sq footage than my home and steam ships that rival gambling river boats, it's no wonder. CSX seemed to do good job with it. Only thing I noticed was a fair amount of flex in the tower. I've seen threads re: braces you can get from the dealer to resolve. Might have to look into it if I move forward with the CSX.

Sorry for the duplicate - on a slow a** link and it didn't like what I did...

JohnE
04-12-2008, 08:25 PM
I hear the CSX 220 has an awesome wake, but you can't go wrong with an X2 or a CSX.

LKNMC
04-12-2008, 09:38 PM
I saw one at the boat show this year it is a lot better looking in person than I thought it would be and it also has a really nice layout with tons of seating and space