PDA

View Full Version : Cheep Gas!

Kummer
04-11-2008, 03:54 PM
Accidental 35-cent gas drives throngs to station, jams roads (http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/20080411/ARTICLE/669960132/0/FRONTPAGE)

Boy I would have loved to fill up my boat truck yesterday

uawaterskier
04-11-2008, 05:16 PM
i love how the station owner is whining about it...its his mistake. Like someone would be like "Can I please pay more for my gas, I feel really bad about paying this little"

flipper
04-11-2008, 05:39 PM
not like they haven't been ripping us off, pay back is a b$^#%

D3skier
04-11-2008, 06:02 PM
I think I would have bought all the gas cans I could get my hands on and fill every last one of them up at that price...

Datdude
04-12-2008, 10:24 AM
Same thing happened here over the winter. A Shell station changed the prices before closing and a cop driving by at 11pm noticed a lot of cars at the gas station. How come they never screw up on the diesel pumps?

tex
04-27-2008, 12:31 PM
WALKING AND BEER:

A recent study found the average American walks about 900 miles per year.

Another study found Americans drink, on average, 22 gallons of beer a year.

That means, on average, Americans get about 41 miles to the gallon.

Kind of makes you proud to be an American.

TMCNo1
04-27-2008, 12:49 PM
WALKING AND BEER:

A recent study found the average American walks about 900 miles per year.

Another study found Americans drink, on average, 22 gallons of beer a year.

That means, on average, Americans get about 41 miles to the gallon.

Kind of makes you proud to be an American.

:uglyhamme Proud isn't the word for it!
Just wait till they blend beer with ethanol, the price goes up dramatically, beer gets in short supply and the raw materials only comes from the Middle East. Congress will mandate Americans get 70 miles per gallon by 2015, along with lower emissions from farts!:rolleyes: A new governmental bureaucratic agency will be formed by Congress called the EBA (Environmental Booze Agency) to control it all, headed by Ted Kennedy!

BriEOD
04-27-2008, 01:29 PM
Do you think the clerk got fired??

TMCNo1
04-27-2008, 01:35 PM
Do you think the clerk got fired??

Probably not, that happened here in NC and they'll probably elect the clerk LT. Governor during the upcoming fall election!

TX.X-30 fan
04-27-2008, 06:44 PM
These people that did this(filled their tanks) are no better than thieves, looters when the power goes off. It is truly sad our country is full of so many people with low moral fiber.

These are the same ones that will rip off stores knowing a price is wrong, knowingly accept more change than is due from a young clerk and laugh all the way home at the clerk who just lost much of a days pay.

This station is more than likely owned by a small business man who works hard to make a living, provides service to the community and jobs, he is not ripping anyone off for gas, and in fact works on very tight margins with gas sales. He very possibly lost several months profit on gas in that period of time.

It is sad that not one moral person in 10 hours walked inside and acted with some humanity to inform the employees of the problem. A very sad commentary of our American society

TX.X-30 fan
04-27-2008, 06:52 PM
i love how the station owner is whining about it...its his mistake. Like someone would be like "Can I please pay more for my gas, I feel really bad about paying this little"

I certainly hope you are not representative of your generation.:mad:

JBaker
04-28-2008, 02:18 PM
These people that did this(filled their tanks) are no better than thieves, looters when the power goes off. It is truly sad our country is full of so many people with low moral fiber.

These are the same ones that will rip off stores knowing a price is wrong, knowingly accept more change than is due from a young clerk and laugh all the way home at the clerk who just lost much of a days pay.

This station is more than likely owned by a small business man who works hard to make a living, provides service to the community and jobs, he is not ripping anyone off for gas, and in fact works on very tight margins with gas sales. He very possibly lost several months profit on gas in that period of time.

It is sad that not one christian in 10 hours walked inside and acted with some humanity to inform the employees of the problem. A very sad commentary of our American society

I completely agree. I probably would have left out the Christian line, as members of many followings have good morals, but all in all I totally agree with you on this one. Some people should feel ashamed.

wakeX2wake
04-28-2008, 03:01 PM
it is deffinately not the people who own the gas stations who are making the profit from gasoline i'll assure you...

in a free market economy we have to remember that the strongest will survive and in the end the company who is able to deliver the gasoline at the cheapest price will ultimately become bigger and more profitable than all the rest... i really don't think the gas comapnies want to sell us gas for $4.00/gal... they would assume make their modest 7% margin on $1.30/gal gasoline... its what all they have to do to be able to get the gas... i have a good friend who worked in procurement for Exxon and it was outrageous what they had to do to get the gasoline... they would literally build roads into remote locations of the tundra and build cities for the people who work there not to mention what they have to pay these people to move from their families to work in these conditions... not to be too brash but you would have to pay me a hella lot to move to northern Russia to work a refinery... i mean this is skilled labor that runs these facilities not your average burger flipper here

TX.X-30 fan
04-28-2008, 03:48 PM
I completely agree. I probably would have left out the Christian line, as members of many followings have good morals, but all in all I totally agree with you on this one. Some people should feel ashamed.

Yes I didn't mean it that way either, Jews, Buddhists, Atheists, Wickins.....ect. I am a firm believer in the what goes around, you get whats coming theories.

Fixed it!

Hrkdrivr
04-28-2008, 05:19 PM

It is sad that not one moral person in 10 hours walked inside and acted with some humanity to inform the employees of the problem. A very sad commentary of our American society

Good on 'ya, X-30 fan...well said!! :cool:

T Scott
04-28-2008, 05:55 PM
What I don't get is how come it took the gas station 10 hours to figure out it's blunder. Didn't the line around the block alert you to anything?

TX.X-30 fan
04-28-2008, 06:22 PM
Ever have a bill in the stop and gas of say 3.87 and pull out a 20 they plug in 20 and say wait I have the .87 and proceed to give the clerk 90cents. You can actually feel the Earth pause on its axis for a second. 8p 8p

atlfootr
04-29-2008, 10:01 AM
Do you think the clerk got fired??Article said, "they were unsure what will happen to the employee that punched in the numbers".
Now why can't something like that, ever happen where I live :rolleyes:

atlfootr
04-29-2008, 10:06 AM
What I don't get is how come it took the gas station 10 hours to figure out it's blunder.
Didn't the line around the block alert you to anything?Appearently not :D

atlfootr
04-29-2008, 10:15 AM
My thoughts would be about that folks in line, after they changed the price back to $3.35 a gallon.

Gone are the days when the attendent used a pole w/ suction cup slapp'n the plastic numbers on the sign

Now since it's all digital, they do it from inside the store for the protection of the employee's.
In this case, I can see why:o

Upper Michigan Prostar190
04-29-2008, 10:19 AM
I heard there was no money in the oil biz. feature that.