PDA

View Full Version : Experience Anyone?

coz
04-11-2008, 11:03 AM
Anyone have experience with these? I have a pylon in this boat and I don't like the pylon racks.

http://www.2nsane.com/images/double_rack_lg.jpg
http://www.2nsane.com/images/Back%20and%20side%20dock.jpg

Website http://www.2nsane.com/wakeboarding.html

I saw them on ebay for alot less.

peason
04-11-2008, 11:18 AM
No experience - but why the heck would they show them on a boat with a tower - doesn't make sense!

Hollywood
04-11-2008, 11:19 AM
I wouldn't put them on a Tige!

Sodar
04-11-2008, 11:20 AM
Seems to me that mounting anywhere like thay did would be a nightmare with the rope, not to mention, it looks rather cheesy.

peason
04-11-2008, 11:23 AM
Seems to me that mounting anywhere like thay did would be a nightmare with the rope, not to mention, it looks rather cheesy.

Very good point Sodar! You are quite the thinker!

Roonie's
04-11-2008, 11:28 AM
I bet they are not too friendly on the gel coat either.

wakeX2wake
04-11-2008, 11:29 AM
a) how do you open the rear compartments

b) (as sodar said) rope night mare

c) how are you going to do a backflip off the back w/ those on there?

d) NO HOLES... at least not on my boat for board racks

e) spider cracks waiting to happen

i do know what you're saying though... it sucks w/ a pole and no board racks if you've got a bunch of gear

coz
04-11-2008, 11:33 AM

Yep! rope prob! nevermind!

i do know what you're saying though... it sucks w/ a pole and no board racks if you've got a bunch of gear

Before I put a tower on my last boat I had a Air Boom with a rack and one time I was getting one of the kids in the boat in back and when i stood up and turned around my forehead hit the tail of a board in the rack and layed it wide open :mad: not good :confused: next day I bought a tower.

wakeX2wake
04-11-2008, 12:43 PM
Yep! rope prob! nevermind!

Before I put a tower on my last boat I had a Air Boom with a rack and one time I was getting one of the kids in the boat in back and when i stood up and turned around my forehead hit the tail of a board in the rack and layed it wide open :mad: not good :confused: next day I bought a tower.

can't say i blame you there... they're so convenient and such an improvement its well worth the $$$$

coz
04-11-2008, 01:01 PM
can't say i blame you there... they're so convenient and such an improvement its well worth the $$$$

OH! I hear ya! I loved my last tower. The issue I have with this boat is I paid cash and by doing this I had convinced my wife this boat needs absolutly nothing not even a tower because of the pylon just gas & go. Well first trip out the gas tank sender went out :confused: fixed it $$$. Next trip raw water pump seal leaks :confused: fixed it w/impeller $$$. It's all good now but I can't go the tower just yet. :D If she went with us more and had to trip over them in the boat we might convince her, spousel approval I hate it :mad:

wakeX2wake
04-11-2008, 01:05 PM
OH! I hear ya! I loved my last tower. The issue I have with this boat is I paid cash and by doing this I had convinced my wife this boat needs absolutly nothing not even a tower because of the pylon just gas & go. Well first trip out the gas tank sender went out :confused: fixed it $$$. Next trip raw water pump seal leaks :confused: fixed it w/impeller $$$. It's all good now but I can't go the tower just yet. :D If she went with us more and had to trip over them in the boat we might convince her, spousel approval I hate it :mad:

i hear you there!... i can sucker my friends into things sometimes like pitching in to work on ballast and such... i can always pull the "ok, well i hope i'm not too busy to call you and tell you i'm going to the water next time card"... got one friend who went and bought some of the teak products and helped me do the initial scrub down w/ a wire brush

Prostar Rich
04-11-2008, 03:01 PM

Just remember that it easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission.

Prostar Rich

wakeX2wake
04-11-2008, 03:05 PM
:D :D what he said:headbang:

coz
04-11-2008, 03:06 PM
Just remember that it easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission.

Prostar Rich

Unfortunately it's the opposite in my going on 20 yr marriage :cry: