PDA

View Full Version : Shower deal just in time for spring......

Jerseydave
04-10-2008, 06:16 PM
Got mine here.........

http://www.boatersoutlet.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=767

Sodar
04-10-2008, 06:25 PM
I have been posting that for a while now in the various threads. Quite a deal over the $299 SkiDim wants, wouldn't you say!?!?

Good Luck on the install! I just did mine this winter and can say it is one of the nicest festures on the boat!

rodecker1978
04-10-2008, 10:08 PM
How complicated is install and which water source did you guys plumb it into?

JerryS
04-10-2008, 11:10 PM
Install is pretty easy. If you have a heater - T into the heater feed line for your hot water source. For the cold water, T into the raw water line between raw water pump and tranny cooler. If you do not have a heater - I would tap into the block on the starboard side of thermostat housing (same spot where heater would tap from) Unless you don't have 2 knock sensors, then you could just tap from side of block down low for hot water.

What kind of boat/engine are you asking about?

rodecker1978
04-10-2008, 11:41 PM
Install is pretty easy. If you have a heater - T into the heater feed line for your hot water source. For the cold water, T into the raw water line between raw water pump and tranny cooler. If you do not have a heater - I would tap into the block on the starboard side of thermostat housing (same spot where heater would tap from) Unless you don't have 2 knock sensors, then you could just tap from side of block down low for hot water.

What kind of boat/engine are you asking about?

Thanks JerryS,
I have an 08' X2 coming in a couple weeks. I do have a heater. Another question, how does the heater draw it's hot air?

Thanks much.

Sodar
04-11-2008, 12:26 AM
It has a fan that draws the warm air across a heater core filled with 160 degree water from the engine. The heater core/fan box will be mounted under the observer's seat.

Lennyp04
04-11-2008, 06:40 AM
Dave,

Now you can make everyone take a shower before they come on your boat and you will never have to clean it again!

Hollywood
04-11-2008, 10:22 AM
If you do not have a heater - I would tap into the block on the starboard side of thermostat housing (same spot where heater would tap from)

Do you mean intake manifold?

Unless you don't have 2 knock sensors, then you could just tap from side of block down low for hot water.

This is what I figure is a "block" tap. Also, do you know which side might provide hotter water since one plug is near the front of the engine, and one near the rear. Just curious, but do you know if there is a difference? My guess would be probably negligible.